Looking for Adventure in the Great Wide Somewhere a PTR

I'm so glad that you went to the doctors and got some heavy duty medicine. :goodvibes

I can't believe you leave in two days. You thought this trip would never get here and it has! :woohoo: :dance3: :hug:

Poor you! I read recently that the typical sign of flu as compared to other infections is that the flur really hits you suddenly and violently. So, it sounds very much like flue to me... Hope you will be nearly fully recovered by Saturday! :goodvibes

I'm so glad that you went to the doctors and got some heavy duty medicine. :goodvibes

I can't believe you leave in two days. You thought this trip would never get here and it has! :woohoo: :dance3: :hug:

I hate going to see the doctor. As a matter of fact, I was a bit amazed to realize that it has been about 10 years since I've been to my primary care doctor. If I wasn't going on vacation I probably would have put off going this time too. What a difference the good medicine has made!

Hope that heavy duty medicine continues to make you feel better! I can't believe how close you are to your trip!!!

I did wake up with a voice today so it seems to be doing the trick. :banana: A slightly deeper, scratchier voice, but it is a voice. What a relief!

Poor you! I read recently that the typical sign of flu as compared to other infections is that the flur really hits you suddenly and violently. So, it sounds very much like flue to me... Hope you will be nearly fully recovered by Saturday! :goodvibes

I have a feeling I'll be doing pretty well for Saturday. I'm feeling much better, and my energy level is nearly back to normal. Last week it took nearly all my energy just to walk from my car to the train station. This morning, while I'm not quite feeling up for a jog yet, was able to make the walk without wanting to stop for a rest half way there.

It's time to do the one day dance!!!

party: party: party:

:cheer2::dance3::banana::hippie::cool1:

Hope you have a great time! Sorry we won't be meeting up this time, but I know you will have a good time anyways...:lmao: I'll be watching for your TR when you (and we) get back!

SkierPete

SO glad to hear you're feeling better!!! And you went to the dr. too!! I hope you have a wonderful time! I can't wait to hear all about it!! Safe travels and say hi to Mickey for me!!!!:goodvibes

Say it can't be so!! Praying that your meds. work, and you feel super before Saturday!!

Last day of work today for you!! Have a fantastic trip!! And stay healthy!! :goodvibes

Hope you have a great time! Sorry we won't be meeting up this time, but I know you will have a good time anyways...:lmao: I'll be watching for your TR when you (and we) get back!

SkierPete

Maybe next time! :) I can't wait to get down there.

SO glad to hear you're feeling better!!! And you went to the dr. too!! I hope you have a wonderful time! I can't wait to hear all about it!! Safe travels and say hi to Mickey for me!!!!:goodvibes

I'm so happy I'm feeling better too. The timing was just awful.

Say it can't be so!! Praying that your meds. work, and you feel super before Saturday!!

They seem to be doing the trick. For the most part I'm feeling as good as new. I'm still a bit fatigued, but am trying to take it easy.

Last day of work today for you!! Have a fantastic trip!! And stay healthy!! :goodvibes

Today is going to drag at work, I can just feel it! If I hadn't had to take a day off to go to the doctor's office this week I was going to take it off. The clock is going to move so slowly until 5pm!

ONE MORE DAY!!!!!!!:yay: Have fun!!!!:wizard:

I can't wait to get on that plane tomorow!

Luckily not a big problem, but still it was unexpected and it's left me a bit annoyed.

Being pretty much ready to go, I was all set yesterday to do the final bit of banking I needed to handle before I left. Most of my money for this trip is on my Disney gift cards, but I wanted to keep a certain amount of cash on hand for things like tips and other small expenses that come up. I maintain a small passbook savings account at my local hometown bank. My normal checking account is at a large chain bank, but when I was opening up the savings account I wanted to keep them separate, and make it harder for me to get my hands on my savings account money. When I had both accounts at the same bank it was way to easy for me to just transfer money from one account to another (and it was never from the checking into the savings account). Keeping them separate, and keeping the savings account money difficult to access was part of my plan.

Can you see where this is headed?

I found out when I got home from work last night that my charming local bank no longer keeps the drive-thru open until 8pm. Nope. Every night now they close by 5 or 6pm. :mad: I won't repeat any of the choice words I was muttering last night when I found out. I can't believe that they don't even have one late night. Who the blazes who works for a living anywhere outside of our town can get to the bank before 6pm. People work stupid bank! The bank only has branches is two different towns, so you have to work pretty close to be able to make it there during their hours now. Had they ever bothered to notify about the change in hours I would have gone while I was home on Tuesday to get my hands on my money. :sad2:

When I get home I'm going to have to go close the account and move it to either one of the big chain places where they have offices in NYC, or to another local bank that's a bit bigger and has branches at some local grocery stores that are open late and on Sundays.

My problem is that now I'm low on cash. There is no way I'm going to be able to get my hands on the savings account money before I leave (I don't get home from work until nearly 7pm). Since it's the begining of the month, I don't have a lot of excess cash sitting around in my checking account. I was able to cash a personal check I was holding onto, and I'll be able to withdraw the money from my part-time job once it's direct deposited. I'm thinking that should be enough cash to have on-hand. I was hoping to have a bit more, but I'll just have to be careful. I'll just fill in with my credit card, and then using the savings account money when I get back.

I'm more irritated that they never bothered to let me know about the changes. The later availability at the drive-thru is was one of the reasons why I opened the account there even though they had few branches. I need to have some availability to my money!

Awww...what a bummer! That would bother me too!!! Still at least you were able to come up with a quick fix and tomorrow you will be at DISNEY WOOT!! Have a great and fun trip!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!

Awww...what a bummer! That would bother me too!!! Still at least you were able to come up with a quick fix and tomorrow you will be at DISNEY WOOT!! Have a great and fun trip!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!

I'm just glad I didn't absolutely need that money, and I'll be able to cover things until I can get my hands on it,or I would have had to take a 1/2 day off of work.

The sad thing though is that as excited as I am about getting to Disney tomorrow, what I'm really looking forward to is checking in to the Boardwalk on Tuesday. I'm giddy just thinking about it!:banana:

That is crappy about the bank - but remember, Disney heals all wounds! :goodvibes

Just had to share a woo hoo with everyone! I did my online check in for the airport and I have my boarding pass! :cool1: I feel like I'm getting so close to being there.

On the other hand for some reason I can't seem to check in using Disney's online check in system. :sad1: I've been trying for several days and everytime I put in my information it tells me that the online system is down and to try later. Really annoying!

What a bummer about your bank! It's so weird that they don't have at least one night with late hours.

I hope you have a fabulous trip. I know you have been looking forward to it for over a year now and I am so excited that it is here for you! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter