losing weight on the way to Mickey!

Joining in, my name is Nicki, 37 years old, 3 kids, bakery supervisor for 9 (yikes!!) bakeries, doing Keto/paleo. Lost 60 pounds in 2014 doing this and then slipped back into my old ways (occupational hazard) and gained back about 40 pounds. I started back on plan on 01/01/2016 have lost 11 pounds and 11 inches so far. 44 days until my next trip to Disney! If I lose another 10 pounds by then, I will be the size I was last year when we went and I will be ok with that (see profile pic) I just want to feel good and have fun with my family. I can't believe the difference in energy level since I've been back on track, I've got tiger blood running through my veins! Lol. I am going to try to stay grain free on my trip this time and use ice scream as my way to indulge. I just need someone to tell me that the croissant donut at Epcot is no good, lol.

Hi, guess I'm the 'oldie' here (but young at heart for Disney) :D

I'm 68, and 5'2", so easy to be too heavy! :(

Over the years, have tried many diets, liked WW the best, but finally decided after our last Disney trip last Feb. that I needed to get serious for life and stop the yo-yoing.

Since diets don't work for me, decided to eat healthy, everything in moderation, and keep my calorie intake approx. 1,200 calories per day. And, to exercise with Leslie Sansone 'Walk' tapes 4-5 times a week. It really does work!

Weighed 171 lbs. 3/11/15 - now 140 lbs. with 10 lbs. to go. Trust me, your metabolism slows 'way' down after 55, and it's that much harder to lose even doing the same things. I'm a very active person, gardening, etc. and still I kept gaining!

The best thing that works for me is not denying any one type food, but making myself earn it! LOL Have to play mind games. Already feel so much better. Now, let myself have up to 1,500 calories a couple days a week. Weigh in 1 day a week in the AM at the same time, and lost an average of 1 lb. week.

Anyone else use Leslie Sansone? Love that I can do them anytime, and in any weather - am not a fan of being out in cold weather or of going to the gym. This is an excellent, no excuse exercise plan for me. DH & I also walk together when the weather is 'ideal'!! :)

Good luck to everyone - it's not much fun sometimes, but the rewards are great! Keep it up!

Hi, guess I'm the 'oldie' here (but young at heart for Disney) :D

I'm 68, and 5'2", so easy to be too heavy! :(

Over the years, have tried many diets, liked WW the best, but finally decided after our last Disney trip last Feb. that I needed to get serious for life and stop the yo-yoing.

Since diets don't work for me, decided to eat healthy, everything in moderation, and keep my calorie intake approx. 1,200 calories per day. And, to exercise with Leslie Sansone 'Walk' tapes 4-5 times a week. It really does work!

Weighed 171 lbs. 3/11/15 - now 140 lbs. with 10 lbs. to go. Trust me, your metabolism slows 'way' down after 55, and it's that much harder to lose even doing the same things. I'm a very active person, gardening, etc. and still I kept gaining!

The best thing that works for me is not denying any one type food, but making myself earn it! LOL Have to play mind games. Already feel so much better. Now, let myself have up to 1,500 calories a couple days a week. Weigh in 1 day a week in the AM at the same time, and lost an average of 1 lb. week.

Anyone else use Leslie Sansone? Love that I can do them anytime, and in any weather - am not a fan of being out in cold weather or of going to the gym. This is an excellent, no excuse exercise plan for me. DH & I also walk together when the weather is 'ideal'!! :)

Good luck to everyone - it's not much fun sometimes, but the rewards are great! Keep it up!

North of Mouse...We are similar it looks like. I am at 140 right now. I love Leslie Sansone but I am only up to her 1 mi. walk. Sometimes I can do it more than once though. It seems like every single day I do well until evening and then eat everything in sight. So once again I have to start over tomorrow. I am 63 and I think it really is more difficult to lose. Good luck to you and everyone else trying. I will be starting over once again tomorrow.

North of Mouse...We are similar it looks like. I am at 140 right now. I love Leslie Sansone but I am only up to her 1 mi. walk. Sometimes I can do it more than once though. It seems like every single day I do well until evening and then eat everything in sight. So once again I have to start over tomorrow. I am 63 and I think it really is more difficult to lose. Good luck to you and everyone else trying. I will be starting over once again tomorrow.

I understand! I also did the 1 mi. until I could go further - now I alternate a couple of the dvd's, but the one I do the most often is the Start! Walking at Home American Heart Assc. 3 mi. walk (45min.) It really gives a great muscle workout without too much stress on these 'elderly bones & muscles'!! LOL Some days I switch back to the 1 or two mile if I'm not feeling my best (also have Fibromyalgia).

Thanks...I saw that and im just not sure if my knees can take the impact until I lose some more wt first...im wondering if I need to go to under 200 lbs first.....so far I've done spin, elliptical, and circuit s w/ wts.

I started couch to5k just over 200 and didn't have a problem. The key with running is proper shoes. Now, I didn't say expensive shoes, just proper. What goes on at your ankles affects your knees and hips :)

Can I join in? I am really trying to lose weight and would love the motivation and support!

Current weight: 185 lbs.
Goal weight: 130 lbs.
Goal weight by May 23rd Disney trip: 165 lbs.
Height: 5 ft. 4

I have three kids, work from home, and homeschool so my biggest challenge is going to be fitting exercise in time-wise because I'm always short on time! I'm really hoping by my Disney trip I can have look MUCH healthier than I do now!

Absolutey!!! So happy to have everyone! I have 3 kids too and time was my BIGGEST challenge too! I started my journey over 2 years ago and it's still a struggle to fit it in, but the more consistent I am the more my body loves it and craves it daily! start small to make it habit and consistent (instead of doing a huge long workout one day then you can't move the next and don't have time for 3 days). Pick something challenging, but easy enough to master so you can form that healthy habit! how old are your kiddos? I sometimes will have them join me for a video, I know full well they will not last, but at least they think it's fun and then they let me finish in peace :)

WHOO hooo! so happy to see the size of the group, sorry I was MIA a couple of days, I couldn't get my log in to work and it was saying error :( but I think I got it straightened out, at least it finally let me in on my computer!

I had a decent week, haven't weighed myself yet, but did well with water and did some form of workout everyday except today (sunday is always my rest day). I use a clean eating model too, so I'll use tomorrow as my prep day. Good luck this week, everyone!

Good morning, everyone! Made a healthy breakfast smoothie in my Nutri Ninja! Low carb smoothies are hard, but I made one with blueberries, spinach, kale, almond milk, ground flax seed, and ice! Nutrient packed and pretty good!

I'll join in here too. Back story. Lost 210 lbs in a little over a year doing my own version of weight watchers. Within the last year i have put back on 45 lbs. Now i am back to being serious again so that i can fit my summer clothes for Disney in August. I am using my point value system again but this time i had to add going to the gym doing the elliptical for 30 minutes a day. So far i have dropped 5lbs this week. My goal is to be down to at least 220 by Aug.

6'3"
253 lbs (started at 258 a week ago)
Weight goal 220 by Aug 2016
Weigh in day for me are on Wednesday

Normal schedule of meals:

Breakfast

1/3 cup Honey nut cheerios
1/5 cup skim milk
cut up small banana

Lunch
Salad mix with Tomatoes
Light balsamic dressing 2 TBS
1 light string cheese
1 apple
1 orange

Dinner

2 pieces of pork chops, chicken, or 1 small steak ( 6 oz pieces of pork or chicken)
Big pile of veggies

Snack

Usually Light Pop corn (full bag usually 200 cals)

If i'm still hunger i'll eat a 100 cal granola bar.

Good morning! Today I check off one more day before my trip to Disney. I also got on the scale and it reads 135.6. My starting weight is 140. This is so encouraging to me. Part of it I know is because I have just had surgery and haven't felt like eating normally. I am going to use this little loss as a bonus opportunity to try hard. My goals for the week are to eat small portions, start walking with a video work out as much as I can, and to stay off the scale until next Monday at this time. Sometimes I will weigh myself 5 times a day and I know that it not beneficial yet I keep doing it. One more thing is I plan not to eat out until Friday when we will go out of town for dr. appt. Eating out is a huge downfall for me. We do it constantly and I need to quit.

Wishing us all a great day!

Survived the 4 miles on Saturday even with a cold. I officially signed up for the 1/2 marathon so no backing out now. So far I have lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks. Just finished lunch which was a salad and 3/4 cup. of pasta. I had a light yogurt with low cal granola for breakfast. I have apple and banana for snack. Not sure what I will have for dinner. I am thinking roasted brussel sprouts and quinoa/brown rice mixture. I need to do 3 miles tonight. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Good morning, everyone! Made a healthy breakfast smoothie in my Nutri Ninja! Low carb smoothies are hard, but I made one with blueberries, spinach, kale, almond milk, ground flax seed, and ice! Nutrient packed and pretty good!
I love to add greek yogurt to mine too!

3 miles for me this morning, shakeology, and for lunch it's a chicken breast on organic bread :) tonight I'll have roasted Brussel sprouts too! Not sure yet on main meal, my girls have gymnastics so I'll be running back and forth for a few hours.

Never miss a monday for workouts, what is on your schedule today?

Just came back from the gym which I swang by after work...im only going 3 days a week right now but I tend to put in an hr when I go. DH is ok with feeding the kids dinner and me being late one night a week. I leave work at noon on Wed so that's my other gym day...then I go sat am and usually leave the house before everyone else is up....my non wt loss goal is to do the 3 day schedule for 30 days....it takes 30 days to make a habit! Then I want to add in lower intensity walks most weekdays as we move into spring.

I think weve about nailed down a trip date for first week of June so im extra motivated to look good in the pics...which will probably end up the family Christmas card:love:

Smoothies... ..love them... My favorite right now in my vitamix..

2 cups spinach
1 cup almond milk...vanilla or choc
2 tbsp PB2
1 frozen bannana
Ice..... 265 calories for the whole thing

Have another 3 miles I have to do tonight and I think I might throw in some arm weights. I had leftover brussel sprouts with quinoa and brown rice and an apple for lunch. Oatmeal for breakfast and I have a banana for snack. It is really windy here today so I think I will use the treadmill, which I hate. Trying to make sure I drink 100oz of water today.

Hi All! I would love to join this thread also! I am a 31 yr old mother of 3. My goal is to lose 35lbs. 3 years ago I lost 30+ lbs after my first two children and was happy there. Then I had baby # 3 and cannot seems to get back on track. We have a trip planned for 9/2016 and we are staying at the Polynesian for the first time. I really want to be down to my goal of 150 by then. I have been going to the gym 2-3 times a week and logging into MFP. I have a daily calorie goal of 1200. I do pretty good all week, but weekends are hard for me. I weigh in on Monday morning as a motivator to be good over the weekend.
So far since 1/1/2016 I have yoyoed down and up 5 lbs. I will be buckling down this week and really start to set myself up for success. First thing will be to stop drinking diet coke.
Good luck everyone!

Officially lost the baby weight (she's 15 months;) now just gotta loose 40 more this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter