losing weight on the way to Mickey!

I'm so jealous of all of you who have trips coming up within weeks!! I have to wait until December. :crazy2:

Gained a couple pounds after a weekend of camping but after eating at a slight deficit all this week I managed to take it all off again. So I'm back to maintaining! Tomorrow is a family reunion though where there will be tons of food and goodies so it's going to be a tough day!

Good luck at the reunion. Enjoy :)

I can finally post that I've lost 20 lbs, despite my foot injury. I have an MRI scheduled Tuesday. Fingers crossed that everything is looking better and I'll be ready for our October 1st trip.

Height: 5'2
SW: 189
CW: 169
GW: 150

Well, BOOO...I was soo good last week. TONS of fruit & veggies, exercised 6 of 7 days, drank tons of water, tracked all my food...and lost .2 pounds. So disappointing. But, I'm still at it...need some pixie dust to get some of this weight off!

Starting Weight: 210
Current Weight: 208.8
Disney Goal Weight: 180

Well, BOOO...I was soo good last week. TONS of fruit & veggies, exercised 6 of 7 days, drank tons of water, tracked all my food...and lost .2 pounds. So disappointing. But, I'm still at it...need some pixie dust to get some of this weight off!

Starting Weight: 210
Current Weight: 208.8
Disney Goal Weight: 180
Keep up the good work. I know it's disappointing when you've done everything right but maybe you'll shed extra weight this coming week. Sometimes it takes out bodies a wee while to adjust. And hey better to have lost .2 than nothing at all! Keep your chin up you're heading in the right direction :goodvibes

I found the Jillian Michael's Beginner Shred DVD. So far it's just right for me! 5 days in and I feel challenged but not overwhelmed. I'm aware of the scale but going to put that aside for now and focus on getting stronger. Thanks for the encouragement.

Joining in!

I gained about 15 lbs when I went back o get my BSN. I've since graduated and the weight hasn't. Started grad school last month and decided to break the cycle. And we are going to WDW 9/28 so there's an incentive!

I am on Day 10 of Whole30. For exercise I'm alternating running and 21 day fix workouts with a little yoga mixed in.

SW- 159
CW- 154
GW- 140

I love this group. Such positive attitudes and real results. I will join the fb group as well. We are taking a last minute trip the week of Labor day.
Age 34
SW 137
CW 133
Disney GW 127
Feb Disney GW 124 and tone up.
I dont have a lot to lose but 5lbs makes a decent difference as Im only 5'4".

Joining. Just starting out on what needs to be a long journey. (One I've started more times than I like to admit). Would like to lose at least 20 pounds by trip in November but have a whole person to lose. Just bought a Fitbit yesterday and need to get to the grocery store to begin my healthy eating journey.

Joining. Just starting out on what needs to be a long journey. (One I've started more times than I like to admit). Would like to lose at least 20 pounds by trip in November but have a whole person to lose. Just bought a Fitbit yesterday and need to get to the grocery store to begin my healthy eating journey.
Welcome! I love my fitbit. I just have the simple fitbit zip but it really motivates me to get my steps in. 20 lbs is a great goal. Your trip will be here before you know it!

I need to join in on this thread. I have gained about 30lb since my DS was born 2 1/2 years ago. We have a trip to WDW coming up Feb 4th and I'd like to try to lose 20lbs by then. I know if I jump into any kind of intense diet or exercise plan I'll just get frustrated and quit so I'm starting slow and hopping the accountability here will help me stick with it. Right now I'm just going to try to watch what I eat, walk more and maybe start a light workout routine, and cut out pop (soda) completely during the week and limit it to one can per day on Sat and Sun (I'm a big pop drinker so hopefully this will help). I know that if I start with little changes at first and build from there I'm more likely to stick with it.

Height: 5'5"
Starting Weight: 197 lbs
Goal Weight: 177 lbs

Joining in....
I was taking out my fall/winter clothes today and I have too many things that are too tight to wear. I want to just blame my flouxetine (prozac generic), which I started taking for anxiety about 1.5 yr ago, but I admit I definitely cheated on my eating too. I've been working out with a trainer for 6 months... but I haven't been following her eating plan, which is mainly whole foods and not overly complicated or restrictive. However, if I'm working out with her and not eating properly then I guess I'm kind of just throwing money away. So, my usual weight comfort zone is 140-ish. I'd like to get back to that by the end of the year. I'm going to WDW Nov 30-Dec 4 so I want to be well on my way by then! So, I've set my fitness pal according to my personal trainers suggestion (1300 cal, 40% carb, 40% protein, 20% fat).

Height: 5'5"
SW: 154
CW: 154
GW: 140

I need motivation! Thanks everyone!

I'll join in :) We don't leave for Disney until November 2017 but I'm doing my weight loss mainly for my health. I was pre-diabetic and lost my father when he was only 62. I have a 3 year old little boy and knew that if I didn't change something he would lose me at an early age as well and I didn't want that. I started doing a program called Take Shape for Life at the end of May and to date I am currently down 62 lbs in 4.5 months. When I started I was wearing a size 22/24 and I am now in a 14/16. Can't wait for vacation :)

Height: 5'2
SW: 237
CW: 175
GW: 125

Started again yesterday!!
currently weigh 172 lbs
goal 140 lbs
Got a fitbit for my birthday in September and have managed to up my steps a little but still not hitting 10,000 a day (more like 7500-8000) so that's my goal for this week alongside cutting out takeaways and sugary foods. I'm stuck in a bit of a vicious circle where I'm time -poor and end up with takeout or chocolate bar when hunger hits. Trying to plan ahead meals and would love any suggestions :)

I started my weight loss journey in June when we decided to go to Disney in October (15th-21st). I wanted to be in shape and not the "fat dad" when we went swimming with my wife and 3 year old daughter.

SW: 222
CW: 177
GW: 175

I started by downloading the app MyFitnessPal and put my initial height/weight and how much I wanted to lose per week (anywhere from .5-2lbs a week). It then gives you a calorie limit. I can eat 1500 calories per day with no exercise to lose the weight. I logged every single piece of food I ate and I also purchased a food scale. Portions were really eye opening to me. I did this for the first month and lost about 12 lbs. Starting in July I downloaded another app called C25K. This gets you from the couch to running a 5K. I started doing this every other day. I would wake up early before work and do the app. I completed that and I currently just completed the 10K training app as well. I am actually going to run in my first 10K when we get to Florida in Celebration.

The best advice I can give is to take it one day at a time and don't make a ton of changes all at once (i.e. don't start a diet and exercising at the same time). Once you get used to one thing it becomes a habit and you can introduce the next.

I also am on Reddit and they have a great weight loss community at https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/ They have a ton of resources and is very inspirational.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter