losing weight on the way to Mickey!

I love this thread! Thank you for creating it. I will join in! We are going to Disney World in 10 months and I need to lose 50 lbs. I was always fit until about five years ago after second child, steadily put on weight, took some off then right back on. My plan is to get back to what I was doing before the weight, clean eating, healthy portions, minimal sugar/sweets and definitely working out in some capacity every day, even if I only have time for 15 minutes on my elliptical or going for a nice walk after dinner, I need to "just keep moving" and get it done. I started last night with 15 minutes on the elliptical and it felt great! My husband and I use to always do Jillian Michaels workout videos together when we only had 20 minutes so I think we'll start that again!

Goal Weight: 125
Start Date: August 1, 2016
Goal Date: June 1, 2017

You could check out Fitness Blender videos too! They are on youtube. Tons of variety and a similar circuit training structure like Jillian Michaels, but less annoying. ;) I tried 30 day shred for a while and just got bored doing the same thing, so the Fitness Blender videos are perfect for me because I can pick something different every day. Good luck!

Gonna hop on board:
Age 30
Height: 5'4ish (closer to 3)
Last time I was weighed a year ago: 188 (Biggest weight ever)
CW: No idea -Realized I get extremely depressed with scale numbers so I have vowed to not weigh myself and go off of clothing fit and size as well as overall fitness goals.

Diet: I've been a vegetarian for the past 20 years, but have been a junk foodatarian past 6 years (the junk outweighed the veggies). So i've cut out my junk food habits and just started adding in small snacks (healthy) in between meals. I began running just about a month ago everyday during the afternoon and taking my pooch on longer walks twice during the evening/night hours. Next month my goal is to incorporate weight lifting.

My overall goal: is to get back down to a medium in shirts and 6/7 in bottoms.

Each day gets easier next it will be maintaining once i get there.

Wishing everyone the best of luck on their journey's!!!

Sounds like a great plan! You are definitely on the right track. I love weight lifting!

I'll jump in here, too.

SW: 165
CW: 161.2
GW: 140

Over the last 10 years or so, I've lost around 100 pounds and have managed to keep 75 of them off. Those other 25 slowly crept back on the past couple years, and that's what I'm trying to lose again before my 40th-birthday trip in February. I lost pretty much all of that weight with Weight Watchers. I got off of that program the last year or so because I just wasn't seeing any progress and started counting calories instead using My Fitness Pal. I was able to maintain, but not really lose, by counting calories. At the beginning of this month, I went back to WW since that's the only thing that's really worked for me. The biggest change I've made so far is cutting out sugar. I was surprised by how much sugar is in some of the "healthy" foods I've been eating. As for exercise, during the summer I walk a lot, typically an 1.25-1.5 hour walk every night. I should probably add some weight lifting as well, but I hate spending time in my basement when it is so beautiful outside during the summer.

That's awesome you were able to lose 100 lbs! I'm glad you have found something that works for you. I love myfitnesspal but I know it's not for everybody. Obviously you know how to do this so you should be able to lose those last 20 lbs!

I'm jumping in. I have a trip planned in about a month. I am hoping to lose 5 by then and hopefully another 10. DH and I would like to try for baby number 2, but since I'm 38 I'd like to try and lose those 15 pounds. Don't think we are going to try until December so I think I can do it. Both my mom and father in law passed within the year so I've been doing a lot of emotional eating and late snacking. My plan is to run 2 mornings a week and hit the gym at least 3 days a week. Of course I have to stop eating the cookies. I would say I'd stop the chocolate eating, but that would be bad for everyone. I have to cut back though. Hopefully by posting I'll be more motivated and not let the sadness/emotional eating win.

I'm sorry about your mom and father-in-law. :( Definitely don't cut out chocolate!! I eat half a bag of popcorn and a small cup of m&ms every single night before bed and I lost 90 lbs doing that, lol. Everything in moderation!!

Glad I found this post too! Our trip is the end of August and here are my stats..

SW: 175 lbs start of June
Currently:169 lbs
GW: 155 lbs, but now my new goal is 165 in 6 weeks.

I am 41 and have noticed that wt does not come off as easily as it did in my 30's.

I follow BFL, though not as strictly and I do not use protein bars and powders as meal replacements. Just eating as clean as I can.

Just curious, but where do people like to eat lunch that is healthier food in MK? Does anyone plan to workout in any of the fitness gyms?

I plan to splurge in Disney!! I think the biggest issue will be portion size. They give such huge portions and it's hard to let it go to waste. I plan to share all my meals with my 1 year old and try to stop when I'm full, regardless of how much food is left. I probably won't use the gyms just because I'll be exhausted from walking. So exciting that your trip is coming up soon!

Weekly Update:

Goal: 120* by November 8
Started this challenge at 158 lbs
Current weight: 143 lbs - 2lbs lost this week

Exercise this week: Went to the gym 5x this week. 4 days of lifting weights with some cardio and 1 cardio day. Everything hurts. Leg day was the woooorst. I really can't stress that enough. On the bright side, I'm starting to see some biceps. They are so little and cute! I think I'll name them Chip and Dale, lol.

Diet: Did great during the week, but the weekend derailed me. Good thing calories don't count on holidays or at Disney. Luckily, I haven't fallen off the soda wagon yet (that's my biggest weakness - coca-cola) I'm back on track now though. Lots of veggies, lots of fish and lean protein, a little good carbs, dairy, and good fats. No sugary drinks.

Notes for the week: This week I've really noticed the most change in my body. Although I lost a bit of weight previously, I didn't really see it other than on the scale. Now I really see it. My face looks a bit thinner, my stomach looks flatter, my pants are starting to be baggy, and I can actually see muscle. I'm really excited. I'm hoping to channel my excitement to build momentum for this next week. I'm going to need it - it's leg day again today. Someone save me.

How have you been doing lately? That's awesome you are seeing biceps! I'm constantly checking out my arm muscles, lol. It's good to feel pride in how we are changing our bodies!!

Leg day was yesterday for me so I've been waddling around today, lol.

Yes, it is definitely easy to lose muscle while losing weight. If you do strength training while losing weight, you can at least maintain the muscle that you have. I bought a set of adjustable weights and I do strength training at home. I have 4 young kids so getting to the gym is too hard but I work out in the basement and I love it. I use Fitness Blender videos, on youtube. They also have strength training videos that use just body weight so that is another option.

Also, make sure you are eating enough protein. I make sure at least 20% of my calories come from protein (I track it in myfitnesspal).

Thanks for the tips. I ordered the 30 Day shred yesterday with Beginner Shred too. I'll definitely mix in Fitness Blender for variety. Love that they're free!

I'm sorry about your mom and father-in-law. :( Definitely don't cut out chocolate!! I eat half a bag of popcorn and a small cup of m&ms every single night before bed and I lost 90 lbs doing that, lol. Everything in moderation!!

Thank you! It's been a rough year. 90lbs?! That's fantastic! I haven't given up the chocolate, but I've cut back. (My mom would be rolling if I gave it up ) I've only lost about 3lbs, but I've been working out more often and doing more strength training and toning. I've stopped the night snacking too. Shorts that I couldn't button a week ago now fit.

Week one update: lost 1 pound. Pretty happy about it considering the week I had - stress eating is kind of my thing. ;) Going to make better choices this week (and, the good news, is the giant pan of brownies is now long gone...) and focus on eating at least 5 servings of fruit and veggies each day. Already had a banana with breakfast, so off to a good start! :)

Starting Weight: 210
Current Weight: 209
Disney Goal Weight: 180

Joining in if thats ok :)
Age 50
Weigh 174lbs
Goal 140lbs
Exercise - aiming to walk at least 20 minutes a day. Thinking of buying a Fitbit to count steps and aim for 10,000 but haven't gone for it yet. My birthday is in September so I'm thinking it might be a nice way to treat myself and encourage me to move more all at once :)

I've sent a request to join the fb group so I can learn from you experts and hopefully contribute too :)

Joining in a little late, hope that's ok! I went ahead and sent a request to the FB group too. :)

I started my journey to a better life on 6/13/16.

Age 41
Start Weight 309.4
Current Weight 284.8
1st Goal 278.4 (10% of body weight) - ALMOST THERE!!
2nd Goal 259.4 (50lbs)
3rd Goal 209.4 (100lbs)
Total Goal - 150

I finally decided I was sick and tired of being fat and miserable all the time... I have done pretty much every diet in the book over the years and made up my mind that I needed to make a lifetime change... I started LCHF on 6/13/16 and in the last 8 weeks I have lost almost 25lbs.

We are going to WDW on the 24th of this month and I'm hoping to lose 10 more by then, but realistically 5 more would be good!

Would love low carb meal ideas for lunch while at the parks if anyone has any ideas!!! We are staying off property this time so I will cook breakfast most every day and we will make about half our dinners there too.. but i need lunch ideas. We are taking some with us but I know there will be days that I will need to eat on property and you can only eat so many bunless burgers lol

Check in still unsure weight number wise, but my clothes are fitting just right (which means they were too tight :/) or super baggy. Almost into my goal pant size another month or two fingers crossed. I've been getting questions about what I've been doing b/c everyone at work is noticing a difference. I am 8 days smoke free as well. Small number for a serious step to better health.

Hi all!! It's time for me to get on board. I've carried around this "baby weight" long enough (she's 2!!). Ok, so maybe at this point it's no longer the baby weight :sad2:

Age 34
Start Weight 189
Current Weight 189 (starting today!)
1st Goal - 170 by our trip - October 27
Total Goal - 150 by Christmas

Here we go!

start: 206
current: 174
goal: 50 pounds this year (18 to go)

sticking with low carb about 20 net carbs a day. quest protein chips, low carb tortillas and cream/cheese egg pancakes with sugar free syrup have been my go to's. 7 weeks until disney!

I'm so jealous of all of you who have trips coming up within weeks!! I have to wait until December. :crazy2:

Gained a couple pounds after a weekend of camping but after eating at a slight deficit all this week I managed to take it all off again. So I'm back to maintaining! Tomorrow is a family reunion though where there will be tons of food and goodies so it's going to be a tough day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter