losing weight on the way to Mickey!

Hey everyone! I haven't checked in for awhile. We've had alot of sickness around our house which is crazy because we all were so healthy during the winter and early spring. We just got back from our trip to the beach. It was alot of fun! Our kids loved it! We ate out a lot which I knew we would. I gained several lbs over that week. Luckily 6 days home and I almost have that all back off. My original goal was 40 lbs off by the beach and 70ish off by Disney in Oct. Well I have had to readjust my goals. I got 32lbs off by the beach which I felt good about. My goal now is to lose atleast 20 more lbs by Disney. If I get off more than awesome. I'm trying to remember any weight lose is good.
It just might take longer than I wanted. I hope others are doing well! :smickey:

That's good you didn't gain too much and it came off quickly. I gain a few pounds toward the end of our trips but within a week I'm back to normal. Now at least you are going to Disney in October so more reason to lose more weight. I have to start power walking in the next week and that always helps me tremendously in losing weight. I have 10 weeks to go before Disney.

Weekly Update:

Goal: 199 lbs.
Started this challenge at 220 lbs.
Highest Starting Weight: 288 lbs.
Method: High protein, very low carb, low fat diet, exercise minimum 3x per week & drink 80 oz water per day.

Current weight: 215.6 lbs.
Exercise this week: Went to the gym 2x and hiked 3 miles. :woohoo:
Diet: Stayed on track, except the quarter of a pancake with syrup on Saturday morning. :rolleyes1

16.6 lbs. to go before July 8th!

So those of you doing low carb, what are you giving up??? DO you eat fruits???

So those of you doing low carb, what are you giving up??? DO you eat fruits???
I greatly limit fruits to maybe one serving a day and when I do I try to have them before 2pm, treating them as a dessert.

In general, my low carb diet is no pasta-based dishes, rice, potatoes or starchy veggies (corn, peas). I occasionally have a meat based meal with SOME rice, corn or peas mixed in. I generally choose high protein meat-based entree's but don't worry too much about carbs in sauces and such. Lots of cheese, meat, veggies. Whole foods, basically. If carbs are tempting me I will fill up on protein and veggies then just have a bite or two of the carby food or dessert. When I completely cut something out with no exceptions I get in to trouble because I have trouble sticking to it & give up.

I greatly limit fruits to maybe one serving a day and when I do I try to have them before 2pm, treating them as a dessert.

In general, my low carb diet is no pasta-based dishes, rice, potatoes or starchy veggies (corn, peas). I occasionally have a meat based meal with SOME rice, corn or peas mixed in. I generally choose high protein meat-based entree's but don't worry too much about carbs in sauces and such. Lots of cheese, meat, veggies. Whole foods, basically. If carbs are tempting me I will fill up on protein and veggies then just have a bite or two of the carby food or dessert. When I completely cut something out with no exceptions I get in to trouble because I have trouble sticking to it & give up.
Can I ask why you have fruit before 2:00?
Do you eat any whole grain breads at all?? Do you reduce fats as well? Like no bacon or sausage? Fatty meats??

Can I ask why you have fruit before 2:00?
Do you eat any whole grain breads at all?? Do you reduce fats as well? Like no bacon or sausage? Fatty meats??
I don't eat fruits after 2pm to give my body time to process the carbs. Someone suggested to me that carbs are best processed by the body earlier in the day and I just stuck with it. I eat whole wheat sandwich thins in place of bread for the occasional sandwich. I am not super strict about fats but do try to limit them. I try to choose lean meats and the fat I eat would mainly be from natural fats like avocados and olives (adds tons of flavor!). Have to admit though I'm a sucker for sour cream but plain greek yogurt is a great substitute for that.

Edited to add: For a crunchy snack I stick to nuts for the most part, another "healthy" low-carb fat.

Last edited:
I don't eat fruits after 2pm to give my body time to process the carbs. Someone suggested to me that carbs are best processed by the body earlier in the day and I just stuck with it. I eat whole wheat sandwich thins in place of bread for the occasional sandwich. I am not super strict about fats but do try to limit them. I try to choose lean meats and the fat I eat would mainly be from natural fats like avocados and olives (adds tons of flavor!). Have to admit though I'm a sucker for sour cream but plain greek yogurt is a great substitute for that.

Edited to add: For a crunchy snack I stick to nuts for the most part, another "healthy" low-carb fat.

I TRY AND LOW CARB and AM SUCCESSFUL for awhile but then I cave. LOL

So my plan is to start the Insanity workouts today. I've been following the included meal plan for about a week. Now, I just need to add in the workouts. I have to mentally prepare myself because it is going to be brutal but worth it nonetheless.

I checked in a few months ago - update: I yo-yoed for a while, but I'm down nearly 25 pounds. If I left for Disney today, I would be smaller than any of our previous Disney vacations. I still want to lose at least 15 more before we leave, but even if I don't, I've lost over 7 inches off my waist in the last two months and I've built a lot of muscle, so my fat loss is probably closer to 35 pounds, but that's just a ballpark based on how old clothes are fitting. I'm wearing size 8 jeans that I last wore seven years ago when I was 10 pounds lighter, but they fit perfectly. So I'm definitely in better shape than I was then, even if the scale hasn't dropped as much as I expected by now.

So we got back from WDW last week and I weighed in.....lost 4 pounds. I believe my step counts were around 12000/ day average. I ate what I wanted with exception of staying away from fried foods... Mostly salads with lean meat and trail mix for snacks... it was so hot I did have some frozen lemonades and a citrus swirl....in addition to all the free waters from QS. Since I'm now adjusted back to the time zone will try to get back to it this week.... Bathing suit shopping....had to return suit to landsend ...too
big....what a problem to have:rolleyes:

Weekly Update:

Goal: 199.9 lbs.
Method: High protein, very low carb, low fat diet, exercise minimum 3x per week & drink 80 oz water per day.

Current weight: 213.8 lbs.
Exercise this week: Went to the gym 2x. Leg day KILLED ME! Ouch! :faint:
Diet: Did pretty well. Ice cream is a major temptation lately but keeping my meals high protein and trying to stay on the straight and narrow!

13.9 lbs. to go before July 8th! :thumbsup2

Hi! I'm jumping in to join you guys. I'm going to Disney in December and need to get in better shape.

Goal: to lose 30lbs (lost 7 already) so 23 to go
Method: exercise and a low-carb/low-fat diet. I'm doing a form of the 17 day diet right now. Not completely on point but doing well.

start: 206
current: 179.6
goal: 156
method: low carb, atkins.
I do eat berries, no fruit though. I suppose in the summer I will have some watermelon. the hard part about low carb is once you are in ketosis and you "cheat" it takes awhile to get back in. So when I do cheat it usually sets me back 3-5 pounds and a few weeks of work, which is why I have been maintaining only the last 2 months.
One of my go to's is cream cheese pancakes... 2 oz cream cheese, 2 eggs, blended till smooth. Add cinamon, butter, blueberries, sugar free syrup etc. High in fat and protein.

I would like to join in.

Honestly, this is depressing for me.

We did WDW in Fall of 2012 and I set out to lose my mommy weight before then. I lost over 25 lbs, was in a size 6-8, and felt absolutely amazing on the trip.

I slowly gained back about 7-8 lbs but settled there. Then some seriously stressful things happened in my life over the last 2 years and I gained about 30lbs more... I now weight 10lbs more than the first time I tried losing weight, falling right into the re-gain statistics. :(

Disney trips really motivate me though, so I am trying to forgive myself and try again for our trip in late November.

Starting weight:172lbs
Goal weight:140lbs (I got down to 135 last time but want to focus more on muscle and fitness this time so trying to be realistic)
Time Frame: 23 weeks (I want to do about 2lbs per week and then focus on fitness and maintaining till the trip)
Plan: Smaller portion sizes, focus on eating good protein and vegetables, no eating after dinner/sweets only for special occasions, hiking/walking 2x per week, lift weights 2x per week.

I will check in each Thursday for accountability. I have to be okay with slow weight loss. I know I am more successful when I lose slowly but I am seriously the most impatient person when it comes to wanting to see quick changes in my body and on the scale. Hopefully this thread will help me keep a positive attitude and not give up. :cutie:

Weekly Update:

Goal: 199.9 lbs.

Current weight: 207 lbs. So close to my goal I can taste it! Only two weeks to go! :yay:
Exercise this week: Went to the gym 2x.
Diet: Did great, no ice cream this week and drank SO MUCH water! Really upped my fresh fruits and veggies, which helped keep me away from the simple carbs. Enjoyed a sugar free frappe with protein from Starbucks. Yum!

Weekly Update 1:

Starting Weight: 172
Current Weight: 168

Exercise this week: Laps in the pool while watching kids play (2x) Lifted weights 1x
Diet: Reduced sweets and eating in the evening - could do a little better on both of these

I feel like 4lbs in a week is too fast in general but is probably fine for my first week. My goal is 1-2lbs this week but I won't beat myself up if I maintain. It was a really good start so feeling excited and motivated. :yay:

Hello everyone! I'm so glad that I found this thread!

I'm taking my first trip ever to Disney World on November 8th to celebrate my son's 5th birthday, and it's my goal to get my body into shape by then. I'm not particularly big by any means, but my metabolism completely changed after my son, I eat horribly all the time, I don't exercise, and I am generally tired all the time. The weight has been slowly creeping up, and now it's causing other health problems. So it's time to make a change. And my goal is set for the happiest place on earth (which will totally be my cheat week).

I've already stated on my journey a 3 weeks ago by doing body pump 4 days a week and eating healthy (no more sugary drinks, no processed foods, etc.). I've so far lost 13 pounds. Now I'm ready to switch to a more extensive workout routine.

Starting Weight: 158
Current Weight: 145
Goal Weight: *120 (I'm less concerned about weight, and more concerned about fitness level and overall health. I picked this number because its pre preggo weight)
By: November 8
Diet: high lean protein (especially fish), high veg, no processed foods or fast foods, no sugary drinks (except morning coffee), and a glass of red wine every night. I'm actually pretty good at sticking to the diet, it just takes me preplanning and preparing my meals. It's delicious food, but it just takes extra time to do. I'm not giving myself the fast food or processed food crutch.
Exercise: Hybrid of Jamie Easton's live fit trainer and Lee Labrada's leanbody program. Both are 12 week programs on bodybuilding.com. I'm using the weight exercises from Jamie's with the cardio portion and rest day spread of Lee's program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter