losing weight on the way to Mickey!

Hi everyone! I'm hoping not to gain everything back that I've lost on my trip in August. I have counted calories using the MyFitnessPal app and kept to 1200 a day for almost 4 months now. But I know that in all likelyhood it will be impossible to count calories while there, since they dont publish their calories.....AND because lets face it...when I'm in Disney I WANT to eat the yummy food! So I will hope to walk enough to counteract the food.

Starting weight: 138lbs
Current weight: 124lbs
Goal: 120lbs
Diet: Keeping myself as close to 1200 calories a day as possible. Eating more veggies and fruits and less prepackaged snacks then before. I've trained my body NOT to eat after my 5:30pm dinner ( I used to snack BIG time after 8pm) and tried to decrease my portion sizes a lot. So far its been working great! I am almost to my pre-baby weight from my first child (I have 3).

Weekly Update:

Goal: 120* by November 8
Started this challenge at 158 lbs
Current weight: 143 lbs - 2lbs lost this week

Exercise this week: Went to the gym 5x this week. 4 days of lifting weights with some cardio and 1 cardio day. Everything hurts. Leg day was the woooorst. I really can't stress that enough. On the bright side, I'm starting to see some biceps. They are so little and cute! I think I'll name them Chip and Dale, lol.

Diet: Did great during the week, but the weekend derailed me. Good thing calories don't count on holidays or at Disney. Luckily, I haven't fallen off the soda wagon yet (that's my biggest weakness - coca-cola) I'm back on track now though. Lots of veggies, lots of fish and lean protein, a little good carbs, dairy, and good fats. No sugary drinks.

Notes for the week: This week I've really noticed the most change in my body. Although I lost a bit of weight previously, I didn't really see it other than on the scale. Now I really see it. My face looks a bit thinner, my stomach looks flatter, my pants are starting to be baggy, and I can actually see muscle. I'm really excited. I'm hoping to channel my excitement to build momentum for this next week. I'm going to need it - it's leg day again today. Someone save me.

Hi everyone, I hope it is okay to join in still. This thread was started on my birthday this year! :) I am 36 years old and I weigh almost as much as I did the day I gave birth to DS # 3 who is 2.5 years old now. I need to loose 50 pounds. I felt really good on our last trip to Disney 7 years ago. After baby #1 -- the pregnancy weight just fell off...not so much after #2 and #3. :D I am going slow, hoping to loose 25 lbs. by next summer and 25 by the next (our trip for 2018) so I won't be short of breath walking around the parks. The past week and a half I've done 20 minutes on the treadmill daily and cut the sugar out of my coffee and passed up the bag of Snickers at the grocery store (boy was that hard!). I am hoping to keep up the momentum, it is great reading through this thread!!! :)

Glad I found this thread. I'd like to join in as well. Our Disney trip is in October and a few weeks back I decided I needed to get my act together and lose some of this extra weight. This Disney trip is my inspiration. I'm trying to eat a more healthy diet and have started doing 20 minutes a day on my elliptical that has been sitting in the corner unused for months. I plan to increase my time each week. I'm currently a size 14 and would love to be a 10 by our Oct 1st trip. It's going to be a lot of hard work. My daughter's birthday party is tomorrow and I hope to resist the cake.

Height: 5'2
SW: 189
CW: 179
GW: 150

I'm going to try to keep up with this thread even though my weight loss is done! I'm working hard on maintaining, which for me will probably be the same amount of effort as losing. I've been working on making shirts for our trip and I love that I get to buy a size small shirt now and I'd like to keep it that way!!

Age 33
Height: 5'2.5"
SW: 212
CW: 123-126 (fluctuates in that range)

Last weekend we were out of town for about 4 days and I ate all the food, and I gained like 5 pounds. Most of it was water weight of course, but still not good. I ate at a bit of a deficit this week and all but 1 pound is gone. So I feel good about that, going to be diligent for the rest of this week because Friday we are going out of town AGAIN (and I always struggle when we're out of town).

Glad I found this post too! Our trip is the end of August and here are my stats..

SW: 175 lbs start of June
Currently:169 lbs
GW: 155 lbs, but now my new goal is 165 in 6 weeks.

I am 41 and have noticed that wt does not come off as easily as it did in my 30's.

I follow BFL, though not as strictly and I do not use protein bars and powders as meal replacements. Just eating as clean as I can.

Just curious, but where do people like to eat lunch that is healthier food in MK? Does anyone plan to workout in any of the fitness gyms?

I'll jump in here, too.

SW: 165
CW: 161.2
GW: 140

Over the last 10 years or so, I've lost around 100 pounds and have managed to keep 75 of them off. Those other 25 slowly crept back on the past couple years, and that's what I'm trying to lose again before my 40th-birthday trip in February. I lost pretty much all of that weight with Weight Watchers. I got off of that program the last year or so because I just wasn't seeing any progress and started counting calories instead using My Fitness Pal. I was able to maintain, but not really lose, by counting calories. At the beginning of this month, I went back to WW since that's the only thing that's really worked for me. The biggest change I've made so far is cutting out sugar. I was surprised by how much sugar is in some of the "healthy" foods I've been eating. As for exercise, during the summer I walk a lot, typically an 1.25-1.5 hour walk every night. I should probably add some weight lifting as well, but I hate spending time in my basement when it is so beautiful outside during the summer.

Last edited:

I'm jumping in. I have a trip planned in about a month. I am hoping to lose 5 by then and hopefully another 10. DH and I would like to try for baby number 2, but since I'm 38 I'd like to try and lose those 15 pounds. Don't think we are going to try until December so I think I can do it. Both my mom and father in law passed within the year so I've been doing a lot of emotional eating and late snacking. My plan is to run 2 mornings a week and hit the gym at least 3 days a week. Of course I have to stop eating the cookies. I would say I'd stop the chocolate eating, but that would be bad for everyone. I have to cut back though. Hopefully by posting I'll be more motivated and not let the sadness/emotional eating win.

I would like to join as well. I am going next month and I would love to lose at least 10 lbs I cut out soda which is my addiction and the kids are walking with me so we can all get our stamina up.

Ok guys. SO I started in Feb at 146, I think. Did WW and got down to 137. I did feel great for our March WDW trip.

I noticed all of my weight loss seemed to be muscle mass, and losing was tough now that I'm 42. Everything seemed to get flabbier and sag. Life got busy and I stopped. I really wanted to get down to 130.

So now it's July and we've just finished a week at the beach. I'm back up to 140.

I want this weight off, but more than that I want to be healthy and stronger. Much stronger. I find making a short walk everyday an easy habit, and don't mind making healthy food choices.

I guess I am looking for ideas on how to start building muscle mass without killing myself. I enjoyed yoga once upon a time. Love to walk when I can be outside. I am prone to injury and stress on my joints and back is a real challenge.

Thoughts?

Gonna hop on board:
Age 30
Height: 5'4ish (closer to 3)
Last time I was weighed a year ago: 188 (Biggest weight ever)
CW: No idea -Realized I get extremely depressed with scale numbers so I have vowed to not weigh myself and go off of clothing fit and size as well as overall fitness goals.

Diet: I've been a vegetarian for the past 20 years, but have been a junk foodatarian past 6 years (the junk outweighed the veggies). So i've cut out my junk food habits and just started adding in small snacks (healthy) in between meals. I began running just about a month ago everyday during the afternoon and taking my pooch on longer walks twice during the evening/night hours. Next month my goal is to incorporate weight lifting.

My overall goal: is to get back down to a medium in shirts and 6/7 in bottoms.

Each day gets easier next it will be maintaining once i get there.

Wishing everyone the best of luck on their journey's!!!

I love this thread! Thank you for creating it. I will join in! We are going to Disney World in 10 months and I need to lose 50 lbs. I was always fit until about five years ago after second child, steadily put on weight, took some off then right back on. My plan is to get back to what I was doing before the weight, clean eating, healthy portions, minimal sugar/sweets and definitely working out in some capacity every day, even if I only have time for 15 minutes on my elliptical or going for a nice walk after dinner, I need to "just keep moving" and get it done. I started last night with 15 minutes on the elliptical and it felt great! My husband and I use to always do Jillian Michaels workout videos together when we only had 20 minutes so I think we'll start that again!

Goal Weight: 125
Start Date: August 1, 2016
Goal Date: June 1, 2017

Ok guys. SO I started in Feb at 146, I think. Did WW and got down to 137. I did feel great for our March WDW trip.

I noticed all of my weight loss seemed to be muscle mass, and losing was tough now that I'm 42. Everything seemed to get flabbier and sag. Life got busy and I stopped. I really wanted to get down to 130.

So now it's July and we've just finished a week at the beach. I'm back up to 140.

I want this weight off, but more than that I want to be healthy and stronger. Much stronger. I find making a short walk everyday an easy habit, and don't mind making healthy food choices.

I guess I am looking for ideas on how to start building muscle mass without killing myself. I enjoyed yoga once upon a time. Love to walk when I can be outside. I am prone to injury and stress on my joints and back is a real challenge.

Thoughts?

I would try a strength regimen, Jillian Michaels 30 day shred video is a good place to start if you don't have much experience with weights. There are three levels on the video, definitely start with level one. You can do it! Good luck!

Hi everyone, I hope it is okay to join in still. This thread was started on my birthday this year! :) I am 36 years old and I weigh almost as much as I did the day I gave birth to DS # 3 who is 2.5 years old now. I need to loose 50 pounds. I felt really good on our last trip to Disney 7 years ago. After baby #1 -- the pregnancy weight just fell off...not so much after #2 and #3. :D I am going slow, hoping to loose 25 lbs. by next summer and 25 by the next (our trip for 2018) so I won't be short of breath walking around the parks. The past week and a half I've done 20 minutes on the treadmill daily and cut the sugar out of my coffee and passed up the bag of Snickers at the grocery store (boy was that hard!). I am hoping to keep up the momentum, it is great reading through this thread!!! :)

I have to lose 50 lbs too, I'll be 36 this month too! Keep up the good work, I'll look for your updates and we can push each other!

Hi! I would love to join in too! We're going to Disney at the end of January and my goal is to be happy with how I look in family pictures. Because I'm NOT happy with how I look in them right now. I turned 40 this year, and have been steadily gaining weight as I've gotten older. Somehow, all of the extra weight from the past couple of years has collected around my tummy - I need to lose it! I don't have a specific program I'm doing - I have the my fitness pal app on my phone and I have a FitBit (so I'm always working to get my 10,000 steps in). It's hard to exercise during summer vacation (I'm a SAHM, and my 7 year old is not so helpful while I'm on the treadmill!) but I'm hoping to step up the exercise routine once she goes back to school in September. I'm also working hard to make sure that we're all eating a healthy diet - none of us are eating as much fruit & vegetables as we should.
Starting Weight: 210
Disney Goal Weight: 180

I would try a strength regimen, Jillian Michaels 30 day shred video is a good place to start if you don't have much experience with weights. There are three levels on the video, definitely start with level one. You can do it! Good luck!
Thanks! That sounds like a great place to start. I appreciate the suggestion.

So far I feel I'm doing okay. I've lost 17 lbs since my start date in late June. In July I had a work injury and fractured my foot so the elliptical isn't getting much use but hope to be back at it soon.

CW: 172

Thoughts?

Yes, it is definitely easy to lose muscle while losing weight. If you do strength training while losing weight, you can at least maintain the muscle that you have. I bought a set of adjustable weights and I do strength training at home. I have 4 young kids so getting to the gym is too hard but I work out in the basement and I love it. I use Fitness Blender videos, on youtube. They also have strength training videos that use just body weight so that is another option.

Also, make sure you are eating enough protein. I make sure at least 20% of my calories come from protein (I track it in myfitnesspal).

Hi! I would love to join in too! We're going to Disney at the end of January and my goal is to be happy with how I look in family pictures. Because I'm NOT happy with how I look in them right now. I turned 40 this year, and have been steadily gaining weight as I've gotten older. Somehow, all of the extra weight from the past couple of years has collected around my tummy - I need to lose it! I don't have a specific program I'm doing - I have the my fitness pal app on my phone and I have a FitBit (so I'm always working to get my 10,000 steps in). It's hard to exercise during summer vacation (I'm a SAHM, and my 7 year old is not so helpful while I'm on the treadmill!) but I'm hoping to step up the exercise routine once she goes back to school in September. I'm also working hard to make sure that we're all eating a healthy diet - none of us are eating as much fruit & vegetables as we should.
Starting Weight: 210
Disney Goal Weight: 180

I always turn the TV on during my work-out time for the kiddos and that seems to help!! My 3 year old still likes to sit in the basement and watch me exercise but it's usually fine, lol. I use myfitnesspal too! Lost 90 lbs with it. :) Good luck!!

So far I feel I'm doing okay. I've lost 17 lbs since my start date in late June. In July I had a work injury and fractured my foot so the elliptical isn't getting much use but hope to be back at it soon.

CW: 172

Ouch, that sounds painful! Definitely give yourself time to heal! 17 lbs is awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter