losing weight on the way to Mickey!

I weighed in yesterday

CW 219
SW 235
GW 200 (by May/ June trip)
final GW 180

I had a kid emergency and missed the gym yesterday.....hoping to pick up extra time later in the week....was going to go this pm until I realized it was voting day...so I voted instead of the gym....did my civic duty...I know I will make it tomorrow though.

Thanks everyone who responded.
Trying to follow you suggestions.
Can any one give suggestions on how to stop eating when you are not hungry. My "will" seems to collapse at the end of the day.

Thanks everyone who responded.
Trying to follow you suggestions.
Can any one give suggestions on how to stop eating when you are not hungry. My "will" seems to collapse at the end of the day.

Make sure you are drinking enough water. I try to drink 100oz a day. I also "shut" down the kitchen (turn off lights and everything) by 7:00 and brush my teeth. Another trick I do is read to keep my hands busy. I try all of these first and if I am still hungry then I grab an apple or some other fruit/veggie. Best of luck to you.

I have lost another pound this week.

CW 219
SW 240
mini GW 210 by April Trip
Final GW 140

Good Sunday morning! Hope all are doing well. I have a terrible sinus infection and chest congestion so I've been better....all I can do lately is walk around my house because I don't have a ton of energy, but for once in my life I'm not making any excuses for not doing "something". I am now down 22.3 lbs! :goofy:still have 48.7 to lose.... But seems much better than starting at 71 lbs to lose. Hope everyone had great weighins. Keep up the hard work everyone!

Joining in! My trip is in October and I would love to lose the rest of this baby weight, plus a bit more.

Hi friends! I am currently losing weight for many reasons. I will be graduating with my BS degree in June and we will be heading to Disneyland the next morning! I want to lose weight by graduation and of course to feel fabulous at Disney. I have not weighed myself for a couple weeks! I was doing great last month but got sick and fell off the wagon:(. I am hoping to lose 30lbs by June 12th. So I have about 13ish weeks. I am hoping to lose 2.5lbs a week through diet and lots of walking, jogging and calisthenics (push-ups, sit-ups and squats). I started a 30 day challenge this month for the calisthenics and its working so far. I plan to measure arms, thighs and waist weekly when I weigh in.

How has everyones experience with Weight Watchers been? I have been eyeing the program but always back out due to not knowing how effective it will be. I guess besides the points, I don't know very much about it. Any suggestions and information would be great!

I always suggest a photo too, you would be amazed how sometimes people lose 5 #s and they are discouraged, but look at a photo front and side and can SEE the difference!
tonya
Just want to say I LOVE this idea! When I am doing great with weight loss my mom will say she can see it in my face, I usually thinks she is just being nice, but I think this will help with the visualization of my progress.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I have been MIA for a while because my MIL has been and still is in the hospital thankfully she is doing much better now but focus shifted to her and our niece who she and FIL have full custody of.

I have been doing great with calorie count and I am definitely getting my steps in. I am still trying to find a core workout that I will like, any suggestions?? or anyone use those slimming belts that are supposed to tighten you while you walk?? Also anyone taking probiotic have a suggestion for a good one that is not pricey??

Hi friends! I am currently losing weight for many reasons. I will be graduating with my BS degree in June and we will be heading to Disneyland the next morning! I want to lose weight by graduation and of course to feel fabulous at Disney. I have not weighed myself for a couple weeks! I was doing great last month but got sick and fell off the wagon:(. I am hoping to lose 30lbs by June 12th. So I have about 13ish weeks. I am hoping to lose 2.5lbs a week through diet and lots of walking, jogging and calisthenics (push-ups, sit-ups and squats). I started a 30 day challenge this month for the calisthenics and its working so far. I plan to measure arms, thighs and waist weekly when I weigh in.

How has everyones experience with Weight Watchers been? I have been eyeing the program but always back out due to not knowing how effective it will be. I guess besides the points, I don't know very much about it. Any suggestions and information would be great!
WW works great if you keep at it and count your points. It's been slow going for me this time because I keep cheating but I've still lost 11 pounds in 9 or 10 weeks.

Hey all! Hope you dont mind if I join this.
Im 36 and I've gained a lot of weight over the years especially with the birth of my 2nd son in July...I packed on an additional 20lbs that I just can not lose. I swear I still look several months pregnant. My mission is to get fit and feel fabulous. I want to be an active mom and be able to get out and really play with my kiddos without feeling so winded or my back hurting from lugging around all this extra weight. I'm tired of hiding from pictures, feeling uncomfortable in clothes, having no energy..etc.
We have a trip planned for November and I want to look good and feel even better. Im hoping to at least lose 40lbs but 50 would be better. :goodvibes
So... I joined WW online yesterday and plan to incorporate walks with the boys in a jogger as well as exercise. I also have a fitbit so that I can remind myself to get more active. My weigh in day is Friday so we will see what this firat week brings.
I wish us all luck in our goals!!!

I want to join in! I've always been overweight, but then add on 3 kids in the past 7 years and I've added on some more weight. I hit my highest weight around Christmas and decided enough was enough. My youngest child is 1 and she is the last baby, so it's time I get to my goal weight and get healthy. I got a Fitbit for Christmas and signed up for Weight Watchers the first week of January. I am down 23 pounds since Dec. 26. I want to lose another 100 lbs. overall. We are taking an adult's only trip to Gatlinburg, TN in May to celebrate our 10 year anniversary (which is actually this Friday!). It will be our first adult's only trip in 5 years, and I'd like to be under 200 lbs. by then. We are planning on hiking the mountains so the better shape I can get in before we go, the better. We are taking the kids on a 9 day trip to Disney World in September and I'd like to be in the 160's at that point. My goal weight is 120 lbs.

I want to join in! I've always been overweight, but then add on 3 kids in the past 7 years and I've added on some more weight. I hit my highest weight around Christmas and decided enough was enough. My youngest child is 1 and she is the last baby, so it's time I get to my goal weight and get healthy. I got a Fitbit for Christmas and signed up for Weight Watchers the first week of January. I am down 23 pounds since Dec. 26. I want to lose another 100 lbs. overall. We are taking an adult's only trip to Gatlinburg, TN in May to celebrate our 10 year anniversary (which is actually this Friday!). It will be our first adult's only trip in 5 years, and I'd like to be under 200 lbs. by then. We are planning on hiking the mountains so the better shape I can get in before we go, the better. We are taking the kids on a 9 day trip to Disney World in September and I'd like to be in the 160's at that point. My goal weight is 120 lbs.

Welcome and Happy Anniversary early! Sounds like you are doing a great job losing!!!

I haven't posted the last couple weeks I guess. Have been down on myself for gaining. I do well until evening and then eat everything in site.

However this week I have put forth a little more effort and am finally under 130. This mornings weigh- in was 129.4. Hopefully this will motivate me to eat better at night since I know that is a problem area.

Just found this thread and thought I'd join!!

I don't currently have a trip to Disney planned this year, but I do want to hit my weight loss goals before my next trip - whenever that might be!

Name: Laurie

Weight Loss Goal: 100 pounds this year (77.2 left to go)

Diet: I'm actually trying 12 diets over 12 months. I've never been able to stick to any diet for more than 3-4 months. I lose 30 pounds and then just seem to "fall off the wagon," go back to bad habits, and gain all the weight back. Since nothing seems to work long term and I know so many people with success stories and advice on what diet to try next, I'm going to test several diet plans out to see how they work for me. None of them are extreme diets by any means, and the goal is to learn healthy habits from a combination of plans to create a long term strategy to maintain the weight after this year. I've even started my first blog whatdietnext.com to try and stay accountable. And I have a thread on the Disboards as well where I'm sharing the ups and downs of my journey and my results each month. I'm also doing a review of each diet to share what I thought were pros and cons of each plan and who I think would do good on each type of diet.

Exercise: I started a Couch to 10K Program a few weeks ago, but hurt my knee. It's a muscular injury so I'm trying to rest my leg, stretch, and do light walking for now. Next week I may try the elliptical and then if my leg seems better I may try some light interval walking/jogging. I also think I'm going to start yoga this month and I need to start doing more strength training.

I'm glad I found this thread to follow other folks on their journey! Good luck with your goals everyone!!

I haven't posted the last couple weeks I guess. Have been down on myself for gaining. I do well until evening and then eat everything in site.

However this week I have put forth a little more effort and am finally under 130. This mornings weigh- in was 129.4. Hopefully this will motivate me to eat better at night since I know that is a problem area.

Congrats on the lose!! Are you close to your goal weight?

I find nights hard as well, but can usually do pretty well during the week. Weekends though - ugh! They're the worst for me!

My husband and I need to lose weight before we visit Mickey in less than 11 months. I am mainly afraid of the airplane and seat width.

Leslie

Congrats on the lose!! Are you close to your goal weight?

I find nights hard as well, but can usually do pretty well during the week. Weekends though - ugh! They're the worst for me!

My goal weight is 120. Nights are hard, but weekends are the worst. When we get together with friends or family, it is on the weekend and we do it often. And when we get together it always includes a meal or two. I know what I need to do, I just don't do it. One thing that helps me at night, if I remember to do it, is to munch on something like carrot or celery sticks when getting supper. Then I am not tasting bite after bite of what I am cooking.

Joining in please!!

I go to Disney in June and I started my weight loss journey Jan 25th. By the time I go I would ideally like to lose 84lbs (and then an additional 35lbs when I am back to get to my ultimate goal).

So far I have lost 39lbs so I am nearly half way there. I am posting my journey on Instagram (fatmumfit_) to hold myself accountable!

I started training for my first ever 10k about 4 weeks ago and completed it last Sunday!!

Cant wait to feel fit and healthy!!

I got so busy last week that I didn't post. Now I'm down 10 lbs!!!! Or at least I was before 5 days of WDW.

We got home last night. I didn't count any WW points while I was gone. Fitbit and Health app on my phone say I averaged 10,000 - 16,000 steps per day in the parks. We at breakfast in the rooms, had a couple glasses of wine everyday, and mostly ate what I wanted without ever stuffing myself.

So, back on the scale this morning, and I may have gained 1/2 lb! I'll take it. Weigh in is Friday, so we'll see then.

Thanks for the great thread. Mickey says "Hi, and keep up the great work!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter