Lost TV Shows

The first 2 that came to mind: WKRP in Cincinnati and Northern Exposure. Both had issues with getting music rights cleared. WKRP did a couple of DVD releases, but none with all of the music from the original shows. Makes a huge difference in rewatchability, IMHO. I'm not sure they've every tried a Northern Exposure release. It was one of my favorite shows and I'd love to see it again.
shout!factory did a dvd release of the entire series several years back that entailed garnering the enitire ORIGINAL soundtrack (the one that it had first run-not the overdubbed stuff they had to use in syndication). it's still available on amazon for about $65.
The show that I reallllllly want released is Northern Exposure.
available on amazon-whole series for less than $60.

i have both of the above-enjoyed both first run.

most difficult tv show for me to ever find but i finally did, an obscure little cartoon 'count duckula'. it will never happen but i would love it if there was an entire collection of 'abc after school specials' (they have odd little collection of a handful but that it-i would love to find on dvd 'the day my kid went punk').

Last edited:
Also loved Moonlighting have been looking for and now will have to track down used DVD.
Nero Wolfe
Ellery Queen

get a cheap region free dvd player (you can get for $50'ish)-amazon has (jim hutton) ellery queen mysteries right now for less than $25 for the whole series, nero wolfe (william conrad) or (timothy hutton) series-both for less than $60 (and the nero's both seem available to play on standard players.

most difficult tv show for me to ever find but i finally did, an obscure little cartoon 'count duckula'. it will never happen but i would love it if there was an entire collection of 'abc after school specials' (they have odd little collection of a handful but that it-i would love to find on dvd 'the day my kid went punk').
Count Duckula, back when Nickelodeon was new. My bother and I watched it often. Along with You Can't Do That on Television, and Finders Keeps game show.

I agree with Scarecrow & Mrs King. Enjoyed that when it was on.

One old one that I would love to find that probably would not seem as cool to me now as it did when I was 12 was MacGruder & Loed. It was about two beat cops who lived "next door" to each other. Think inner city apartments where you go down the hallway to reach the apartment doors. But the catch was that once the apartment doors opened it was one big apartment and they were married.

One that I was really into in my 30s was JAG - spinoff of NCIS - with David Elliott and Catherine Bell (Good Witch). It has been awhile but I would love to be able to watch it again.

One that I was really into in my 30s was JAG - spinoff of NCIS - with David Elliott and Catherine Bell (Good Witch). It has been awhile but I would love to be able to watch it again.

Loved JAG! But I think NCIS was actually a spinoff of JAG, not the other way around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter