Lots of rain this week - be prepared!

Hope the rain holds off for you, for once in the uk the weather here has been great the past few days. :cool1:

The Photopass guys are out in the rain. We went in October 2011 when there was nonstop rain for two days. We spent one day at Epcot and tried a day at AK (not too successful there, although EE in the pouring rain was a blast). In both cases the Photopass photogs were out. The proof:

AK1_zpsbee4dc52.jpg

Haha, that's a great pic! Thanks for clarifying. :)

Was going to leave late tommorrow and drive in on Thursday, this forecast has me changing those planes. Now planning on leaving much earlier in the day in a hope to get in before the storm. If it doesn't happen, that just means more time around the parks :D

Here now in Orlando, been lucky so far. Did MK Mon., no rain on us, did SW today, it rained a little. We are suppose to drive to Tampa and do BG tomorrow, I am kind of worried, don't really know if we should wait and go Friday. We were suppose to do BG Wed and Fri and SW today and Thurs. :confused3

I was looking for it today. 80% chance and all each hour. It started raining while we were waiting to enter the building for Festival of the Lion King. We went in 5 minutes after it started and when we came out it had stopped. I have not seen any more rain.

We have DHS tomorrow, which is the only park we have not done in the rain. I had Thursday as a choice day between DHS, AK and Epcot because Friday (our last day) is MK, but after tomorrow we will have been to all four. I decided to let dd decide where she wanted to spend Thursday and she (just as I thought she would), picked AK already.

We'll see how it goes.

We arrived Sunday. We are staying at Pop, we were going to swim after dinner but it started thundering off in the distance. Rained later at about 9:00 pm.

Rained last night too. Poured down Rain on us at the Magic Kingdom today. It was really crowded there, even after the rain. It is raining again now.

We are keeping the plastic cover on our stroller while we go into the attractions. We still had a good time. It was really crowded, and that bothers us more than rain does.

We are here now and just left Magic Kingdom in the pouring rain tonight. My hubby and I decided to not let it ruin our vacation and just make the best of it. We were able to walk on to some rides! We also got caught in the crowd leaving the park. We decided to walk to Contemporary in the rain to catch the monorail to the TTC so we would not wait with the masses at MK. It was certainly a memorable night for us. Our kids stayed dry in the stroller while hubby and I walked in ponchos and wet shoes to our car, but we made it. The kids are snuggled in bed and had a great time! Mother Nature is unpredictable. You just have to have a Plan B and just try to enjoy your time here.

Started raining at DHS tonight around 8pm. Waiting for Fantamastic to start, ended up being cancelled at 8:50. We stuck it out in the rain to wait for it, now the kiddos are tucked in and we are ready to get out there tomorrow even in the rain :) Try to stay dry everyone!:thumbsup2

No rain this morning so far. Supposed to set in a monsoon this afternoon, tonight, and most of the day tomorrow. 5-8 inches. Oh joy. Oh well, it beats being at work.

Apparently, you guys need to start watching MY calendar and not come when we come. I haven't had a very good roll the last 3-4 trips. :(

No rain this morning so far. Supposed to set in a monsoon this afternoon, tonight, and most of the day tomorrow. 5-8 inches. Oh joy. Oh well, it beats being at work.(

You are so right!! I would trade you in a heartbeat :cool2:

Depending on how you are getting down, pack rain boots for everyone--if it's an actual monsoon of a day, there will be very few people in the parks and with boots you'll feel dry--also think about a light rain coat (just the super light ones) that you can wear instead of or with the poncho--just throw them in a back pack when done.

Sounds silly, but we go after Christmas every year, and one year the weather predicted was COLD. So I made DD wear her Uggs on the plane and made kids wear their heavy fleece jackets--we looked crazy, but the weather only got worse while there and the clothes helped a lot.

Also, get some of the really big plastic bags from the shops to put the wet ponchos in when they come off, but be sure to hang up the ponchos when you get back to the hotel--they can get stinky and moldy fast!

We were there last year June 2-9 and had some crazy rains (all day long just pouring), so I feel your pain. There is a big difference between a flash shower that goes through and that constant pounding rain that just does not let up. We had ponchos, waterproof shoes, stroller covers, etc, and all still ended up wet and miserable somehow. I hope it passes quickly and you guys can get on with your vacations.

We were there last year June 2-9 and had some crazy rains (all day long just pouring), so I feel your pain. There is a big difference between a flash shower that goes through and that constant pounding rain that just does not let up. We had ponchos, waterproof shoes, stroller covers, etc, and all still ended up wet and miserable somehow. I hope it passes quickly and you guys can get on with your vacations.

I was there also. It beats the heat by a long shot though. Fantasmic and some other outdoor shows were cancelled though. Illuminations still went on and on that day at Epcot it was a monsoon. Umbrellas won't help. A rain suit actually did best. Enjoy the cooler weather: trust me, lol

We arrive tonight and plan to be at DHS tomorrow. My only concern is that DD is wearing a walking boot and I don't want it to get soaked. Other than that we're looking forward to a fun, but wet trip. :woohoo:

The bad thing is that we were her that week last year TOO. :(

We arrive tonight and plan to be at DHS tomorrow. My only concern is that DD is wearing a walking boot and I don't want it to get soaked. Other than that we're looking forward to a fun, but wet trip. :woohoo:

The bad news is that tomorrow is supposed to be the worst day. The good news is that tomorrow is supposed to be the worst day. :)

The bad news is that tomorrow is supposed to be the worst day. The good news is that tomorrow is supposed to be the worst day. :)

Thank goodness! As long as our flight isn't delayed, we should be OK, I hope.

This may sound dumb...but where do I buy a raincoat (B&M store, obviously)? I want to be prepared.

Sounds like the low in the Gulf will be TS Andrea by this evening. I really feel for those of you at Disney (like me) that really don't enjoy being there in the pouring rain. I know some people like it, and that's great for them. For us, no way! :(

We were also there this week last year and I had a really hard time. I agree with the previous poster who said there's a huge difference between a quick afternoon thunderstorm and rain that just won't let up. It was disheartening.

I will say, though, that while I'd MUCH prefer sunny (even super hot!!) weather, we do have some pretty good memories from our trip last year. Like the night we went to MK right before a HUGE thunderstorm hit and we, along with several other families, got trapped under the archways at the entrance to the park for...man, it had to be at least an hour. it was TORRENTIAL. There were abandoned strollers everywhere, rolling down the paths. The popcorn cart had been abandoned. And the park CMs had neglected to open the drains so the rain, which was just pounding down, quickly rose to ankle level. My son's crocs floated downstream. :rotfl:

That night turned out to be one of the best nights of the trip. Once the rain let up and we went in, the park was pretty much deserted, and the rain had cooled things off considerably. My kids splashed in puddles and we rode lots of stuff with no, or short, waits.

But, all that said...I too would be almost heartbroken if we faced similar weather this time around. So I will keep my fingers crossed that whatever storm system this is passes quickly and no one gets drenched on a daily basis like we did last year!! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter