Lots of rain this week - be prepared!

There was 70% chance of rain today and we never saw a drop. I saw one far away lightning strike while we were walking around DTD, that was it. :confused3

Really, you just never know and should try to get to a park at rope drop and bring ponchos. I have been to Orlando in Jan, March, May, June, August, October, and November and there is always some problem, you just deal with it.

It was supposed to rain from 2:00 on today. It was either a 60% or 70% chance of rain every hour. It's now 9:30 and it hasn't rained yet. We toured Epcot from 10:30 to 6:00. I'm not saying it won't rain. I'm just saying try not to be heartbroken over a forecast.

It hasn't rained on this trip but we had 4 straight days of rain on our last one. The day TS Debby dropped her worst was probbaly our best day.

Just be prepared for the storm and the heat behind it. When Debby finally rolled out, :faint:, but we hit the pool that and were good to go after that.

There was 70% chance of rain today and we never saw a drop. I saw one far away lightning strike while we were walking around DTD, that was it. :confused3

Really, you just never know and should try to get to a park at rope drop and bring ponchos. I have been to Orlando in Jan, March, May, June, August, October, and November and there is always some problem, you just deal with it.

I'm shocked. ;)

Well, it's less than two days before and they are still forecasting heavy rains for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thrusday and Friday when we are there. It's more than just typical Florida weather. What can I do?

Look at the weather links below.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at201391_model.html

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/The+Walt+Disney+World+Resort+FL+USFL0615:1:US

OP, try not to worry. Just checked your link to weather.com. It shows just one day with the "potential" for heavy rain (Thursday). Even that isn't a guarantee - just a "potential'. The other days just show typical Florida scattered showers, not the heavy rains you're worried about for several days.

Please realize that when a forecast says "80% chance of rain" it means there's an 80% chance it might rain sometime that day, not that it will actually rain 80% of the time on a given day. There's still a 20% chance that it won't rain at all, if you want to believe that forecast!

I'll happily swap our weather here, for yours there. A chance of rain with temps in the 80's is so much better than definite rain and temps in the 60's.

We were supposed to leave for our trip two days ago and come back next Thursday. After looking at the weather, I am glad we cancelled. Although still very sad about it too!:sad1:

OP, we leave tomorrow and if this latest forecast is accurate Thursday looks the worst. I can handle it if this low really does blow in and blow out, but if parks on top of the state like last year, I will be honest, its going to stink. :rotfl: While we will be there long enough that our whole trip won't be rainy, I just really, REALLY want SWW and all its events to go on as scheduled this weekend :wizard:

As for Thursday, we are planning on EPCOT as well. But since TT rarely runs in the rain we might get in and get out in the AM and then head to DTD for the afternoon to watch a movie and try to hit EPCOT again later in the trip. We have yet to ride the new version of TT yet so its a priority for us.

See you all in the parks in our ponchos!

We have MK planned for Thursday, my DS is scheduled to do the Pirate's League. :(

Jumping in here! We leave Saturday. I've been watching the weather every day. It started out looking very rainy. My brain tells me not to worry about it; it's too early anyway. I still am glad when I look and see less rain forecasted than the last time I looked. I hope everyone has great trips!

We leave tomorrow and will arrive Thursday. Hopefully it blows through by Friday! Fingers crossed. :)

We leave Sunday. And guess which day I have Wild Africa Trek booked for?

Yup - thursday afternoon. It's the one thing my teenage son wanted to do. I sure hope you can wear ponchos and we can still do it.

We leave Sunday. And guess which day I have Wild Africa Trek booked for?

Yup - thursday afternoon. It's the one thing my teenage son wanted to do. I sure hope you can wear ponchos and we can still do it.

You should be fine next Thursday. It's this Thursday (2 days) that the rain is supposed to be heavy.

You should be fine next Thursday. It's this Thursday (2 days) that the rain is supposed to be heavy.

Cool. Rain doesn't normally slow us down at all. I must have been looking at the wrong week on accuweather. :thumbsup2

I've gone often enough that I know the weather can change at a drop of a hat. I hope it clears up for everyone going later this week.

We arrive on Monday and we're scheduled to have quite a bit of rain too next week (although not as much as this week)... We're going back almost exactly one year from our last trip and yes, it was June and yes, it rained BBBUUUTTT the rain was a God send! The evening showers especially sent lots of people out of the parks and made lines almost non-existent. Honestly, the few hours following the storms were the best times in the parks. It does stink to have to wait it out but it will stop and you'll resume your trip! Have a great time and look forward to the after-showers when you can enjoy the cooler temp (if for only a few minutes) and shorter lines. :thumbsup2

:eek:

Were you able to take very many pictures? We have a Photot Pass and I don't even know if it will make sense to use it. We won't be able to take many pics outside, no magic shots. I'm just heartbroken over this weather. I expeted it to rain but this is going to be too much. :scared:

We took some pictures of our own, but didn't do any photo pass ones in the rain. I'm not sure if the photographers are even out then. Maybe someone else would know. But, there's always the inside photo spots.

Try not to worry too much. All you can do is just hope for the best and make the most of it! We had about 90% rain during our trip, but there were a few breaks. Made those moments seem that much better. :) Fingers crossed for everyone!

Well, I just went and picked up rain ponchos and a rain cover for the stroller. So at least we are ready for the rain!

We were supposed to leave for our trip two days ago and come back next Thursday. After looking at the weather, I am glad we cancelled. Although still very sad about it too!:sad1:

I'm sorry you had to cancel. I am the same as you about the weather. I have been in enough low pressure systems to know they 'can' under the right conditions dump 'lots' of rain. This one may not, but who knows?

There are lots of people in the camp of making the most of it when it rains at Disney, but I'm not one of them. Have been there, and don't enjoy it at all. When I spend the $$'s it takes to go to Disney, I will go when the weather 'looks' favorable at least, although showers I can take - just not all day rain.

Days at Disney, in the rain, are 'not' better to us, than just being at home - but I realize that is JMO, and everyone has one! :goodvibes

Count us in as ones who are traveling this week. Thursday is our first driving day and to be honest, I'm more concerned about that than rain in the parks. Our first trip as a family was during a tropical storm. Some of our favorite pictures are of our little kids in big ol' Mickey ponchos splashing in puddles. Our kids aren't little any more but I'm sure there will still be some puddle splashing going on. We have a waterproof camera so no worries there. I'll bring ziploc bags to put phones in if needed and we'll just go.

We took some pictures of our own, but didn't do any photo pass ones in the rain. I'm not sure if the photographers are even out then. Maybe someone else would know. But, there's always the inside photo spots.

The Photopass guys are out in the rain. We went in October 2011 when there was nonstop rain for two days. We spent one day at Epcot and tried a day at AK (not too successful there, although EE in the pouring rain was a blast). In both cases the Photopass photogs were out. The proof:

AK1_zpsbee4dc52.jpg

We arrive on Monday and we're scheduled to have quite a bit of rain too next week (although not as much as this week)

We also arrive on Monday and I don't think next week looks bad at all....normal Florida patterns never more than 40% chance of pop up showers. Looks like the tropical low pressure system will be moving through later this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter