Lots of reasons to not visit DW right now....

slyster

DIS Veteran
What are the good reasons to go? Why choose to go now or in the next few months. I rebooked my vacation from August to January, but I am second guessing myself. Restaurants closed, no fast passes, park hopping, longer waits for Disney transportation, longer waits for rides, no character interactions, I’m sure there is more....oh this little thing called COVID 19.

What are good reasons to go? Perhaps a reason to go now instead of waiting a year. Just curious people’s opinions.

I’m gonna guess it’s gonna get more expensive so visit now...?
Take advantage of that AP extension?
It might get worse?

But you are correct to question the wisdom cause it feels kinda not the same . I don’t mind wearing the mask all day... but having plastic barriers in front and behind me on every seat, especially knowing they are not gonna stay nice and new and clean .... just Not Fun.

Last edited:
We spent a week at BLT in July. It was an amazing trip. Different, yes, but still great. It was such a positive trip that we are going back over Thanksgiving. We've been to WDW close to 20 times, and the July trip wasn't any less fun than our previous trips, and there were many experiences that made it unique. Wearing masks made it different, not any worse.

We have a trip planned for the week after Thanksgiving. We have great deals on rooms in two resorts where we’ve never stayed (Riviera and Sarasota). We have declined housekeeping, and are taking our own car. We do lunches rather than dinners, and will only be eating outdoors or in our rooms. We were at Disney when they closed last March, and we already felt safer there than at home. We are planning slower days, strolling and enjoying, and doing rides without having a particular FP times. Of course, if one of us gets sick or numbers get crazy, we have plenty of time to cancel.

The last year has thrown planning for the future into complete havoc. My husband and I just got married, but he is enrolled in a tech program that means we won't have vacation time before Xmas, so that is when we are taking our honeymoon. Sure, we could wait until circumstances improve- maybe - but who's to say something else won't come up in the meanwhile that would have us keep pushing our plans out further and further for the "perfect" time to go...

We will enjoy what we can and hopefully make some new memories of the time we spend together. That's really all we can ask for.

We went because look at how much the world has changed in 6 months. No one knows if it is going to get better or worse. My personal opinion is that things will not go back to normal anytime soon, if ever. So we adjust and keep on living. Right now we have the money to go. Depending on what happens in the next few weeks, if the economy tanks, we might not in the future. Also, a few coworkers have lost family members recently tragically (non-covid). No one knows how long they have on this earth, so we keep on doing what we enjoy everyday, and we enjoy Disney. It is definitely our happy place. And as others mentioned, there are far better safety precautions happening there than where I currently reside.

Last edited:
We usually take a week long trip in December. This year before the Covid 19 even came about we had decided to take a break & go to a winter area instead & enjoy snow activities.

Several weeks ago by hubby decided since its my big 60 in November we were doing a quick weekend trip to Disney after all .

We booked 3 nights at AoA & 2 park days ( MK & AK) & a flight out all on points & rewards. I’m really looking forward to the short trip but I’m really not wanting a longer trip until parades & fireworks & especially FP+. , etc return.
Am so looking forward to dining at The castle, yak & yeti, Jaleo & California Grill . ( we go to eat! 😊)

All great points. I cancelled in late August/early September for two big reasons; the masks and the heat. I knew I would be miserable. I could do the heat. I had done it before. But masks with heat. Yikes! You are brave souls! There were all the small reasons with how Disney has changed.

i rebooked for early January for two big reasons; price was good and it wasn’t going to be really hot.

I get on the fence because of long lines, hearing about the wait for buses and rides (fast passes made it so much easier). Yes I admit I’m a person of little patience LOL. I have to keep reminding myself it’s about the whole experience and not the big rides. I’m there for a week so I do have time to just enjoy myself!

We’re on the edge of the whole “grow our family” thing. I’m the ride fan, but I’m also the one with the uterus, so it’s kind of a go now or don’t go for years situation.

What are the good reasons to go? Why choose to go now or in the next few months. I rebooked my vacation from August to January, but I am second guessing myself. Restaurants closed, no fast passes, park hopping, longer waits for Disney transportation, longer waits for rides, no character interactions, I’m sure there is more....oh this little thing called COVID 19.

What are good reasons to go? Perhaps a reason to go now instead of waiting a year. Just curious people’s opinions.
Not being smushed like sardines on transportation and in lines/shows.

Cavalades

No stroller police cms...strollers stay where you park them.

No having to sit next to strangers on rides.

No running with the bulls as the flood gates open at rope drop.

i also had aug. and cancelled . rebooked for march. not sure if there's a difference so possibly will cancel. two differences from those months: masks in the heat big difference, getting out of dodge from a cold location to a warm fl vacation - aug. is aug. January is a warm getaway. The only other difference for me in nj would be possibly cancelling ny/nj quarantine rules and while others don't abide by it , we do , and i'm hoping that will end in my march trip which is a big difference for us. otherwise we can't go, we follow the state rules due to work committments.

Terrible time to go, please cancel your trips through November and be practical. Too many people and lines and all the magic is gone. Plus we’re in the middle of a pandemic you nut cases.

P.S. I’ll let you know how our Nov 7-14 trip was when we get back.:joker:

I was fine with all the restrictions until the overcrowding(caused by social distancing in line queues, less places for people to go, etc.) became an issue. We went in September but cancelled our November trip. We do have our yearly September trip booked for 2021. Fingers crossed for some positive change by then.

I'm on the other side...can't think of too many good reasons to go right now. I miss it all, but it's not what I wanted anyway,I keep reminding myself of that fact. Risk/benefit ratio weighs too heavily on the risk side IMHO. Avoiding places with crowds of people touching things and sharing space is not high on my list right now.

We went because look at how much the world has changed in 6 months. No one knows if it is going to get better or worse. My personal opinion is that things will not go back to normal anytime soon, if ever. So we adjust and keep on living. Right now we have the money to go. Depending on what happens in the next few weeks, if the economy tanks, we might not in the future. Also, a few coworkers have lost family members recently tragically (non-covid). No one knows how long they have on this earth, so we keep on doing what we enjoy everyday, and we enjoy Disney. It is definitely our happy place. And as others mentioned, there are far better safety precautions happening there than where I currently reside.

Well said! You never know what tomorrow will bring.... if you can go and don’t mind the mask thing, do it!!

We had a September trip that I canceled and haven't rebooked. Since DH is in a higher risk category we most likely won't be traveling in 2021. For me, right now, there are more good reasons not to go than there are good reasons to go.

There's probably NO PLACE, at least in my life, that is the same as it was 8 months ago. Nowhere... But, I still go to the grocery store and church and work, etc. I guess it all depends how willing a person is to accept the blessings where you find them and not focus on the changes as negative. We're all just trying our best to function well within a world that has been reconstructed without our permission. Maybe, someday, we get back some of the things we lost. But I won't wait until that happens and not enjoy life for what it is. Disney is definitely a part of that life!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter