lounges and drinks!

Not that I know anything about this, you understand ... but the Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian has killer drinks in a pineapple (Lapu-Lapus) ..... :tongue:

The lounge at the California Grill offers a spectacular view of the MK. Unfortuantely, everyone in town knows about it, and it's about as quiet and private as Main Street railroad station. As it gets closer to Wishes the crowds get so thick that it becomes almost impossible to move. Forget about getting a table.

Unless you're there to see the fireworks (not recommended), I'd avoid getting a drink about 30 minutes before they're scheduled to start, which is usually right before MK closes.

Personally I prefer the Outer Rim Lounge on the 4th floor. Drink there and then go out to the observation deck on that floor.

Some of my other favorites: Mizner's at the GF, Bellevue Lounge at the Boardwalk, and Crew's Cup at the Yacht Club.

Lapu Lapu is the best..........but I have to say I really love the Pina Coladas at Outer Rim at CR. They are made from scratch and are more like a really good adult milk shake with a kick.::yes::

so, if I were to drink around the monorail, i would want to go to outer rim (contemporary) get a lapu lapu (poly) but where would I go for the grand floridian?

Tinkerb:

Mizner's at the Grand Floridian, probably the coziest, most attractive resort lounge. You can sit and listen to the GF Orchestra.

By the way I love your plan. My friends bar-hopped on the monorail line last February. We started at the Tambu Lounge, proceeded to Mizner's, and finished at the Outer Rim. Thank God we didn't drive!

Originally posted by sotoalf
Tinkerb:

Mizner's at the Grand Floridian, probably the coziest, most attractive resort lounge. You can sit and listen to the GF Orchestra.

By the way I love your plan. My friends bar-hopped on the monorail line last February. We started at the Tambu Lounge, proceeded to Mizner's, and finished at the Outer Rim. Thank God we didn't drive!

We drank around the monorail on our last trip and had the band playing right outside of Mizners. DS(then 3) took a straw and was conducting the orchestra. It was absolutely priceless.
BTW, if you have kids with you, arcades around the monorail is a great diversion. ;)

Gm, Im sure they could make a non alcoholic drink and put it in a pineapple for you. They are very accomodating. Just ask. :D

Ooohhh, bar hopping on the monorail... great idea! This may be a dumb question, but do these lounges allow children? I know the lounge in BW allows kids, but do the others on the monorail? It would be a nice thing to do one evening.

Can someone tell me what type of drink the lapu lapu is? We have visited the Poly many times and I've seen this drink. I told DH that since we are actually staying at the Poly this time that I had to have one of those pineapple drinks!

Cheers!!

Ann:earsgirl:

Yes, GlennandAnn, children are allowed in these bars. There were a total of 5 kids in our party when we did it. They did pop in and out of the arcades, but there was no problem with them being in the bars.

The Lapu Lapu is a fruity drink with I think rum in it. I didnt find it as strong as most people here have reported,but maybe I just had a weak one. It was still very good though. ;)

I believe Narcoosies has a bar that you can sit at. The trouble with many of the hotel lounges is that they are closed during the day. The Outer Rim is open in the afternoon. I guess there is always the pool bars.

On the monorail line the Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian is open in the afternoon - or at least it was when we stayed there in October. I distinctly remember beign rejuvenated by a gin and tonic at 1:30 pm :)

Crew's Cup at the Yacht Club also opens pretty early too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter