Love British TV Programs?

I watch a lot of British Television and always have. My parents lived in England ( not born there) for many years before I was born for or so I grew up watching the old comedies like keeping up Appearances, Are you Being Served? And SKeeping up Appearances. I love historical dramas so I love Downton Abbey, Call the Midwives and have watched several BBC mini series on Netflix. One of my favourites is " North and South" I also watch " Last Tango to Halifax". My DH who has British parents watches many as well and loves the mysteries. Oddly enough, I also read a lot of British Novels.

My parents are British so I grew up watching Are you being Served, All Creatures Great and Small, etc. Now I just watch Coronation Street religiously every night!

It's interesting that so many of you are mentioning shows I have never heard of and I thought I've watched the gamut! Then again, I'm watching what is available to me on Amazon Prime, Netflix and PBS. I'll have to watch some of those shows if I can find them.

DD loves British tv and got me hooked on Sherlock, see my avatar!! DD loves The Mighty Boosh, Spaced, Black Books, The Young Ones, QI and the IT Crowd.

Did anyone mention Doc Martin???? Hilarious and a favorite here. I like Sherlock and the rest. Downton Abbley, yes, but also it's predecessor- Upstairs, Downstairs. So good.

Love Doctor Who, Sherlock, Downton, anything Monty Python.. Coupling is probably the funniest show I've ever seen. I love the things they can get away with saying on television!

I've never missed an episode of Downton Abbey, Call the Midwives, Mr. Selfridge, Grantchester or Sherlock. There are a few British TV series I've watched on Netflix such as Grand Hotel, Land Girls and Extras.

I love Downton Abbey, Call the Midwife, etc. Someone recommended Happy Valley to me and I tried to watch that while my son and husband were clanging around in the house. The accents were so heavy and fast on that show I had to stop and may pick it back up tonight when everyone is at the Nats game so I can concentrate. Anyone watch that? Maybe Closed Captioning will help!:) I usually don't have a problem with that though!

I Love Fawlty Towers. British comedy starring John Cleese ( from Monty Pythons Flying Circus). He plays the owner of a hotel. The first time I saw it I laughed so hard I couldn't catch my breath.

I LOVE Call the Midwife!!!! I'm watching The Paradise right now. It's good but not as good as Downton Abbey and Call the Midwife.

Anyone here ever catch Sherlock? Best Holmes series I've ever come across!

I'm surprised no one's mentioned MI5 or Spooks as it was titled in the UK. You never forget your first Doctor. Mine was the 5th.

Dr. Who, Torchwood, Fawlty Towers, Red Dwarf, Downton Abbey, Sherlock, Endeavor (but haven't had a chance to catch Inspector Morse), all good.

I've watched all of The Paradise and the first few of The Crimson Field, and regret they weren't renewed. Poldark, on the other hand, didn't do anything for me - it seems too predictable, and the protagonist just seems to act stupidly.

I enjoy Vicious, but I'm not sure I could watch it if it didn't have McKellen and Jacobi starring.

I LOVE Call the Midwife!!!! I'm watching The Paradise right now. It's good but not as good as Downton Abbey and Call the Midwife.

I agree. The Paradise was ok.....not my favorite. I thought the casting wasn't quite right and the main girl looked too young.

I know its not actually British but can I toss in Orphan Black since its on BBC America?

And should I eventually brave Inspector Morse? And tossing this out there: favorite take on Moriarty?

I love Inspector Morse and Inspector Linley and Endeavor. There was another show about an Italian inspector that I really loved, but can't think of the name right now. The actor's first name was Rupert and that's the end of my memory.

Love the British people, but not there tv or movies, however I have been watching a Canadian series on netflex called Heartland, I am really into it

Not British but I just finished "Velvet" from Spain on Netlix and I loved it. It is also about a department store but in the 50s and I liked it better than Mr Selfridge and The Paradise. It has subtitles. My mom was from Spain so I speak Spanish but since they speak so fast I need the subtitles at time. Now my ear is getting more use to it again though so I read less. I just started Gran Hotel also from Spain which I am enjoying as well.

I tend to watch t.v. mostly in the background, but I love Call the Midwife, it's one the few shows I actually stop what I'm doing and watch. We also watch Downton Abbey and Mr. Selfridge, and we watched Hotel Babylon. I've seen a few episodes of Being Human but I guess I was too stuck on the American version and I couldn't really get into the characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter