Love British TV Programs?

We don't have cable anymore, but I have become addicted to:
Poirot, Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Doctor Who, Merlin, Last Tango in Halifax, Broadchurch
I'm all caught up on everything except Poirot (Netflix doesn't have all of them)

I love the Masterpiece Mysteries. I also love Midsomer Murders. I have all 22 seasons at home and watch them over and over again. I also have almost all of the Poirot series too. Just a few more and I will have the complete set.
I just finished all the Poirot on Netflix, so I'm onto Midsomer Murders just now

I love British comedies! We spent several years there in the early 90's and loved Allo Allo - the original cast did a stage show in London that was wonderfully funny. I also loved One Foot in the Grave, AbFab, A Year in Provence, Waiting for God, and Birds of a Feather. Back home we also enjoy Vicar of Dibley, Chef as well as the Prime Suspect series and Broadchurch.

Any fans of Vicious?
Yep, though as I think I said previously, I'm not sure I'd watch it if it weren't for the two leads. My days of enjoying the b*!$#y queen humor are largely behind me. (Can I use that b-word here? I manually bleeped it, to avoid autobot complaints.)

I am going to have a long list for British televison shows. Here we go:

Are You Being Served?
Keeping Up Appearances
As Time Goes By
Moone Boy
Miranda
Last of the Summer Wine
Monty Python
Fawlty Towers
Mr. Bean
Blackadder series
Doctor Who
Top Gear
Waiting For God
My Family
The Vicar of Dibley
Open All Hours
Only Fools and Horses
The Old Guys
Chef
The Café
After You've Gone
Yes, Minister
Yes, Prime Minister
The Good Life (Good Neighbours in England)
Are You Being Served Again (Grace & Favour in England)

All of these shows of been on all my local PBS stations at one time or another. I have three local PBS stations on my television. I have PBS in Boston, NHPTV from New Hampshire, and Rhode Island PBS which I get because I have Verizon FIOS. I love watching Rhode Island PBS because of the fact the channel shows British programs on a daily basis. Every night at both 7:30pm and 12am Are You Being Served is shown. Everyday at 12:30 pm a different classic British program is shown from Last of the Summer Wine, As Time Goes By, The Café, Moone Boy, and After You've Gone. Every Tuesday from 7pm to 11pm is Britcom night. And if you missed on Tueday you watch the shows again from 12:30am to 3:30am Thursday. Also every night at 11:30pm is As Time Goes By.

Last edited:

How about Poldark? Or is that American?

Poldark was made in the 70's by BBC but was redone recently as one of BBC's Masterpiece Classics. I really enjoyed it and can't wait for the new season.

We don't have cable anymore, but I have become addicted to:
Poirot, Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Doctor Who, Merlin, Last Tango in Halifax, Broadchurch
I'm all caught up on everything except Poirot (Netflix doesn't have all of them)

I love Poirot. I love to see the sets, the Art Deco design, the clothes and the episodes in the countryside. I also love Poirot and all his OCD tendencies!

I'm a huge fan of British shows there's a bunch I've watched:
MI-5 (Spooks) has to be my all time favorite one.
Kingdom
Monarch of the Glen
Sherlock
Dr Who
Torchwood (still heartbroken that one ended)
Luther
Broadchurch
The Fall
Hustle
Being Human
Merlin
BallyKissAngel
Misfits
NY-Lon
Bedlam
Primeval
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
The Last Enemy
Outnumbered
Robin Hood
Touching Evil
WhiteChapel
The White Queen
Penny Dreadful
Ripper Street

Good lord, am I the only one who's seen The Brittas Empire? Set in a leisure center (rec center), and hilarious.

At the risk of being seen as someone resurrecting an old thread, wanted to say DW and I just binge-watched Season 1 of the new Poldark and absolutely loved it. Does anyone know when Season 2 will be available on PBS?

I've noticed a lot of good shows from the BBC in the past few years. I LOVE watching QI with Stephen Fry. And of course I love the classics, Fawlty Towers, Black Adder, Doctor Who, Broadchurch. And I also started watching "Stan Lee's Lucky Man" . Its got NOTHING to do (so far at least) with the Marvel Universe. Its different, but I'm liking it. Luther is a classic too.

Brittas Empire was really funny.
Loved The Office
Really liked Waiting for God. Funny and touching, occasionally thoughtful.

What? No love for the Benny Hill Show? I think they censored it a bit for US audiences. It was often very risqué.

Nothing wrong with resurrecting old threads if they're timeless. tv is a novelty for me because I don't have one. Was just ovr in the UK and didn't see much I liked. One thing I loved the past few new years I've been there was the Big Fat Quiz show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter