lovinaz's "getting her act together" journal

Wow Amy!!! The orchestra sounds wonderful!!!!:thumbsup2 It's hard to believe that they are only in 5th and 6th grades. A very talented group of kids!!! :thumbsup2 Congrats to your DD!!!:cheer2:

Way to go on staying under 140 this week!:cool1: You are doing a great job, Amy!!!:cheer2:

Hope you have a nice evening!:hug:

I am proud of myself for walking to the store this morning! My intent was to go to the convenience store on the corner to pick up a half gallon of milk. They didn't have any skim, so I walked to the grocery store instead! And of course the gallon was on sale for $2 cheaper than the half... :rolleyes: Let me tell you, a gallon of milk gets heavy QUICK when you are walking! :eek: Roundtrip was a little over 30min. Not bad, and what else was I supposed to do at 6:30am??

If I count that as a workout, I did get in 5x this week. :thumbsup2 I have to pack up all the things in our top cabinets today, since we are taking those down for the texture guy, who is coming on Monday. Countertops have been ordered, unfortunately they won't be ready until the end of May, so we might have plywood countertops for a couple weeks! Oh well, it's not the end of the world and it will be so worth it in the end! :thumbsup2

Week's recap:
M: 45min Cardio Party/139.0 (not too bad after a weekend of drinking and eating out!)
T: 55min Pilates Sculpt/137.4
W: rest/136.6
Th: 40min Turbo Sculpt + 20min Ab Jam/137.6
F: 55min Jillian Banish Fat/138.4
S: 30min brisk walk/137.6

Still under 140, so no huge complaints. I would really love to get down to the 135 level, but it's taking a loooong time. At least I can see a downward trend, even if it jumps around from day to day.

TOM is being weird. Haven't had any signs of it since early-Feb. Not that I want it to show up, it's just really bizarre. But I remember going through this last summer as well, so I guess that is bound to happen as I get older. Speaking of older, DS turned 14 yesterday! :eek: Wow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, thanks for the mental smack, I needed it! I hope my motivation sticks around for a while. It should be easier to get up in the a.m since it is light earlier now.

Tracy, I was very impressed with the orchestra. They are the cream of the crop from about 15 different elementary schools. Most are 6th graders, DD was one of the few 5th graders! :goodvibes

:woohoo: on kitchen progress!:woohoo:

:banana:on staying under 140!:banana: come on 135!!!!!! I am very proud of you for walking to the store. :thumbsup2

Happy Belated Birthday to DS! Have you started hearing about wanting to drive yet? Mine drove me crazy for a full year.

I hear you about TOM. Weird over this way also. Can't wait to get this part over. :thumbsup2

Have a great week Amy. :goodvibes

Great job on your workouts, including your walk to the store! :cheer2:

It sounds like things are progressing nicely on your kitchen. Just a few more weeks now! :cool1:

Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!:hug:

Ds is 14?, omg where does time go?

If walking a half hour with half of that spent carrying a big gallon of milk, isn't exercise, I don't know what is!

So glad your nights and weekends are lightening up a bit. I swear, I don't remember my mom running us around so much but I guess times were different! I can't wait to hear dd's orchestra, I just need to wait until later tonight after Biggest Loser!

Great job on the scale, you are really solidly under 140. I did that for years where I'd go as long as four months with no TOM then it would start up, then stop again. Now I am getting close to the one year mark and holding my breath I am done for real! Its kinda nice isn't it?;)

Motivation was definitely lacking this week in the workout dept! :guilty: I did work out 3x this week, so that is a positive. I SHOULD have worked out 5x, but slept in on Wed and Fri. :confused3 I COULD work out today, but I most likely won't - I have tons of cleaning to do (dust has finally settled, need to clean all the windows and blinds) and my mind is just not into working out. :sad2:

The scale actually crept up to 140 once this week. A reminder that I can't slack off if I want to stay in the 130's. Food has been decent, but I know I can do better. On BL last week, one of the "civilians" Bob was teaching said she had 5lbs to lose and asked for tips. He said to be 100% diligent with counting calories. I need to take his advice!

After an 11 week break, TOM showed up on Mon. It was weird because I had no PMS symptoms until after it started, and even then they weren't too bad. Then it lasted for 4 days and was gone. :confused: Weird...

Week's recap:
M: 50min BL Cardio Max/138.2
T: 55min Jillian Trouble Zones/138.4
W: rest/139.0
Th: 55min Pilates Sculpt/140.2 :sad1:
F: rest/138.0
S: ?/138.0

I found out yesterday that I have to go to India the week of 5/17. And again the beginning of June (although we are trying to combine that trip with the 1st one) and the big 3/4 week trip will start the last week in June. So, a mixed blessing - at least we finally got our dates, but now I actually have to work! ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, DS hasn't really mentioned driving, but he has a warped sense of what kind of car he will be getting! Like a new Camaro. Uh, don't think so, buddy! :lmao: And I also told him he will have to get a job to pay for his own gas and help with insurance. He said he wants to get a job now. Not gonna happen, he has to wait for another 2 years!

Tracy, we took the top cabinets off and have plates on the counter. I can't wait for my cabinets to be done! Should be ready in about 10 days or so. Of course the countertop won't be ready until the end of May, but that's OK. We will be painting the ceiling this weekend, I need to take more pix!

Amy, I know, I can't believe DS is 14. DD turns 11 next month too. :eek: I have to go sign her up today for fall soccer. WTH, we just got done with soccer and it's time to sign up again! I sure did enjoy that TOM break, I will definitely not complain if it wants to do that again! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you make it to your 1 year mark! :wizard:

Great job on your workouts, Amy!:cheer2: You know cleaning the house counts as a workout too, right? :thumbsup2

It sounds like you'll be spending a lot of time in India over the next few weeks. I hope each trip goes well for you!:goodvibes

Have a wonderful week, my friend! :hug:

Amy, 3X per week working out is a good thing and given how busy you are, 0X per week could have happned and it didn't!:thumbsup2

How are our kids getting so big and grown up? I can't believe your dd is 11, I think when I first "met" you she was around 6. Time flies!

Well, glad your TOM didn't have pms but I am betting that is why that scale showed the 140. Hope you have another break in between gigs! Yeah, on my one year anniversary, I may throw away all the girlie products once and for all! Or save them for dd who still hasn't had this happen yet at 13.5. I guess any day now heaven help me! Man, if she knew I was typing that on a message board she'd kill me!:rotfl:

Here's to a great week!

Hi Amy - so sorry to hear about your cousin & the burglary :(
DD's concert sounded beautiful - you must be sooo proud!

Hey Amy, Forgot to mention I did get a chance to listen to dd's orchestra. It sounded wondeful! I can't believe those are kids playing, I am impressed!:thumbsup2

This week at work has been CRAZY! :scared: We are trying to prepare for our upcoming trip. We were able to successfully combine the 2 short trips, but now that means I will be in India for 2 weeks! :eek: I guess the good part is that we will have time to go to the Taj Mahal over the weekend. The bad part is that it is 2 WEEKS!!!! And we will have to travel to some different locations so at least I will get to see more than just Delhi this time. :thumbsup2 After this trip I will know exactly when and how long the summer trip will be.

Weight this week has been phenomenal! So weird though, on Thurs I was exactly 5 lbs less than I was on the previous Thurs! :rolleyes: I haven't been this low in ages, I'm so happy about that. :goodvibes Of course I know my body and I know it could creep back up with no warning or fault on my part, but I'm just going to continue watching what I eat and working out at least 3x a week and take what comes out of that. :)

Recap:
M: 25min Shred L2 + 20min TurboJam/136.4
T: 40min TurboJam + 20min AbJam/136.8
W: 55min Jillian Banish Fat/136.0
Th: rest/135.2 :banana:
F: 25min Shred L3 + 20min TurboJam/135.6 :cheer2:
S: rest/135.2 :yay:

My goal is to be less than 135 by the time I leave for India. If it's 134.9, I will be happy! :laughing:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tracy, I think I clean at such a leisurely pace it doesn't count as exercise for me! :rolleyes1 I cleaned all the blinds in the house, I am really bad about that kind of stuff. I need (ok, I WANT!) a housecleaner!

Amy, what is it about girls being so embarrassed about the whole TOM thing? Your DD is lucky to not have started yet! My DD is going to be watching a video at school and I told her to not be embarrassed and that she could ask anything she wanted. She was still embarrassed, then she opened the flood gate of questions. It was cute!

Tracey, nice to see you back! Aww, thanks for listening to DD's concert (that goes to all my WISH buddies! :grouphug:). We are so very proud of her! :cutie:

Happy Mother's Day, Amy! :flower3:

Congrats on your weigh-ins this week!:thumbsup2

I'm glad to hear that you were able to combine your two trips to India. :goodvibes Two weeks sounds like a long time, but I bet it will go by quickly for you. :wizard: Will your kitchen be done when you get home? That would be an added bonus!:thumbsup2

Have a nice day today!:hug:

Amy, that is great news that you are lower weight wise than you have been in some time! I am thinking all your hard workouts and maybe having your hormones not so out of whack so often are really helping with that.

Dd is very shy about pretty much all of life, so the TOM thing is no exception I suppose! I am thrilled she's a late bloomer, I was too and frankly blooming late was never a problem in my eyes!

That is a long time to be away from your family. But it will be nice for you to see some new areas/sights while you are there. That will hopefully make the time go faster.

This week has been so hectic, trying to get ready for this trip. It started out with my plane tickets - I was booked on British Air, then they announced they were going on strike (of course on the dates of both my outbound AND inbound flights!), not to mention the risk of volcanic ash around London, so I had to switch last minute to American. It's kind of cool - a direct flight from Chicago to Delhi, going over the North Pole! But it stresses me out because it's outside of my British Air comfort zone! I'm sure it will be fine...

And now the trip might take longer than the planned 2 weeks! :eek: We have to go on a site survey, and some of these places are hard to get to! One location is an 11 hr drive (to the foothills of the Himalayas). No closer airport. One-way, steep switchback roads... It'll take 1 day to get there, 1 day for the survey, 1 day to get back. The other location is about a 1 hour flight, then a 4 hour drive. Again - 1 day to get there, 1 day for the survey, 1 day to get back. The third location is only a 1 hour drive, so at least that can be done in a single day! It might spill over Memorial Day weekend, I am so bummed, but what can I do? :confused3 I better be back by DD's b-day on 6/4, though.

Our cabinets are in, they look great, but there are a couple things that still need to be fixed. They are coming back tomorrow to get those things taken care of. Countertops arrive on Monday! So hopefully when I get back, I will have new countertops!!! I am sad that I can't be there to enjoy them for 2 weeks - I swear they better be clean and perfect when I get back! :)

My weight has gone up EVERY day this week! :sad2: The effect of the jello shots and cheesecake from DD's soccer party last Sat never went away... :rolleyes1 I only worked out 3x this week too, but like Amy said, 3x is better than 0x! It's about TOM time, I'm sure that is what is causing the gain. I know it's water retention, and I'm still under 140, but I was loving seeing 135 last week! I plan to take a couple videos with me, and work out while I'm on travel. :thumbsup2

Recap:
M: 55min BL CardioMax/136.4
T: 55min Jillian Trouble Zones/137.0
W: 55min Jillian Banish Fat/137.4
Th: none/137.0
F: none/138.0
S: rest/138.6 :guilty:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tracy, thanks! I need to post my updated kitchen pix on Facebook. There's just not enough time in the day!

Amy, DD actually asked me to come talk to her about the video they watched at school. It was cute and I was glad she felt more comfortable about talking about it! I asked if she learned anything new, that I hadn't already told her, and she said the only new thing that was she wasn't supposed to flush pads. Ooops, I guess I forgot to mention that. :rolleyes1 Then she said "Oh, so THAT'S why they always have those little trash cans in the restroom stalls!" :lmao:

It sounds like your India trip is going to be a super busy one! I hope you'll have some time to relax and do some site seeing while you are there. :wizard:

I can't wait to see your finished kitchen!!!:banana: I bet you are so excited!:banana:

Have a wonderful week ahead!:hug:

Amy, I am sorry things have been so hectic. Just what you don't need having to worry about air strikes! I like my comfort zones when I travel so I totally get where you are coming from with that. But flying over the North Pole will be neat, you can wave to Santa!

Don't stress about the scale, its still under 140 and that is something. Jello shots do wreak havoc and I ought to know!

Too funny about not flushing those pads. :rotfl:

Hang in there with the stress and do the best you can which given what you have going on is a big accomplishment!:hug:

Wow! Sounds like that trip will be a mixed blessing. Good to have some down time & sightsee, but bad to take 2 weeks....plus the air strike problems!

Hope things calm down a bit. Dont' worry about the scale. It will even out when things calm down.

hi Amy - proberbly a good idea to switch the flights BA is all over the news here - its very messy!!
you sound pretty stressed about the India trip - maybe thats having an effect on your weight losses & gain :confused3
we need pics of your finished kitchen :)

Hope you India trip is going well. Saw your post on FB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter