lovinaz's "getting her act together" journal

I'm back!!! Finally made it back to DIS, thanks for keeping me on page 1! :grouphug: That trip was by far the most exhausting business trip I have ever been on! :faint: Flew out on Monday, got in Tuesday night. Spent all day Wednesday exploring, had our loooong meeting on Thu and worked all day Friday. Saturday went to Taj Mahal, which is a HORRIBLY long and stressful 5hr drive each way! :eek: Totally worth it, but what a tiring experience. Sunday we flew to Jodhpur, with a layover in Udaipur. These are TINY airports, and we were on a prop plane with 56 passengers. During the layover, they leave you sitting in the plane on the tarmac for 1+ hours. Mind you, the temperature is over 110 deg F. Now, I'm from AZ, but the humidity was way more than I am used to and it was miserable! :sad2: When we finally got to Jodhpur, we had a 4.5hr drive to Jaisalmer. Exhausting day!

The next day (Monday) we spent at the location we will be working at in July. They had a record temperature of 123 deg F. Splendid... We did tour a fort and actually I prefer Jaisalmer over Delhi any day! It'll be neat to explore the area in July. Later that day, we drove back to Jodhpur, and my adventurous buddy and I hiked through the desert to find an old temple and came across a huge palace. The other 4 we were with chickened out and went straight to the airport. Probably smart on their part because I was so hot I didn't cool down for HOURS. Horrible hot flight with sweltering layover, then back to our nice hotel in Delhi. Tuesday was a blur, I can't remember what we did, so we must have worked. Wednesday was another site survey at an air base outside of Delhi (1 hour drive from hell each way). We were supposed to go to the Himalaya location on Fri, but that got canceled, so we were able to leave on the midnight flight Wed/Thu. Yippee!!!

My kitchen looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! When everything is completely installed (just ordered all new appliances, they will be delivered next Sat) I will post a picture.

Weight-wise.... I was 137.0 when I left for India, and when I came back I was 138.0. Not bad considering I didn't work out a single time while I was there... :rolleyes1 Haven't been paying attention to food at all this past weekend, but I did work out for the first time in about 2 weeks this morning. And it felt GOOD! :thumbsup2 I plan to stick to 5-6x a week, because I'll be back in India for 2-3 weeks in July and I know I won't be working out there... :rolleyes1

Amy, I am so glad you are home! That sounds like quite the trip. I have to say, when I read about the plane crash in India I rushed over to your facebook to check on you and was so glad you to see you were at the Taj Mahal. I know India is a huge place but it scared me because I knew you were flying over there to a different location at some point.

That is awesome you basically didn't gain. With all the heat, food you couldn't control and flying (which always makes me bloat) that is very impressive!

I can't even imagine 123 humid heat. I'd be passout or laying in a tub full of ice!

Are you going to post any pics of your trip? I would love to go to that part of the world someday.

Glad you are home and that kitchen looks great! And I know you will be right back in the swing of things with your exercise.:thumbsup2

Amy - Your trip sounds phenomenal! What an awesome opportunity even with the heat and the layover. You are so brave to venture out and explore. I am so envious of that character trait. Congratulations on maintaining your weight so well while you were gone. What did you think of the food? Did you eat a lot of local cuisine?

(BTW, it is so nice to be here and catching up on WISH journals again. I am so glad you are still posting. You are such an inspiration :hug: )

I'm glad that you're home, Amy!:hug:

It sounds like India was a whirlwind trip for you. I hope you've had a chance to rest and relax a bit. :goodvibes

I can't wait to see your kitchen!!!:cool1: How exciting that it is almost done!:banana:

Way to go on maintaining your weight while in India!!!:thumbsup2

Have a wonderful week!:hug:

Finally able to get online. Things have been so busy! I did work out 4x this week and weight has been under 140 the whole week (although getting too close - it was 139 on Thu! :eek:). I think TOM might be imminent, due to bloating and the fact that it's been 2+ months... That would explain the carb cravings too! ;)

I think I am going to retire my journal. :flower3: I just don't have time to keep it up anymore! And I've gotten into a good routine with working out and eating right (well, 85% of the time, anyway!) and that is all thanks to the support of my WISH friends! :grouphug:

I will definitely be checking in on everyone when I can, and who knows - if I get that far out of whack again I just might be back! :rolleyes1 Thanks to everyone for your undying support and motivation. It is much appreciated! And I know I can catch most of you on Facebook, so it's not like I'm dropping completely off the map! :goodvibes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy, DH was also very worried about the plane crash, and of course I didn't have my cell phone on all day and he called about 7 times, each voicemail more frantic than the previous... I did post some India pix on FB, you'll have to check them out! It felt really good working out this week, I must be either crazy or in the zone! :laughing:

Cam, thanks for stopping by. I do like Indian food and we ate quite a bit of it. Some of the guys in our group are not adventurous at all and never want to leave the hotel. Fortunately I have one buddy who will go anywhere and do anything!

Tracy, they only delivered the fridge on Sat! :mad: They didn't tell us that the stove, dishwasher and microwave were delayed until the 15th. I'm glad we didn't give everything to my SIL yet! I LOVE my fridge and will have to post some pix on FB once everything else is in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter