lowest % daily intake for fat?

newholiday

<font color=000099>Tomorrow is ME day<br><font col
those not doing Atkins -
ever wonder what the lowest % daily intake for fat should be?
Doc told me last yr not to go above 1/3rd daily intake in fat but lately Ive been wondering what is the lowest % and still be healthy.
I asked today at a Healthy Woman/Informed Woman seminar I attended. I was told not to go below 10% cos the body does need some fat intake. My avg for the past month has been about 20%

According to the nutritionist that I worked with at my gym (when I lost my first 45 pounds.....) 20% of my calories from fat was the absolute MINIMUM that I needed. Your vital organs NEED fat to operate properly, and if you don't EAT enough your body won't process food efficiently....and it will, in turn, HOLD ON to the fat it has :eek: instead of allowing you to lose it! It's a starvation-prevention mechanism that our bodies naturally have!

Somewhere in the 22%-25% range is where I personally *feel* good....a lot of this "diet" business is so individual that it takes some trial and error to find out where YOUR target area should be.....

good luck, and P-L-E-A-S-E!!! don't become *fat-phobic*!!!

I don't count calories...I count servings of protein, carbs and fat. Since I have high cholesterol my nutritionist only wanted me to intake 10grams of fat a day. I told her I would try to stay below 20 and she seemed fine with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter