Luau - on Maui or at Aulani?

mernin

DIS Veteran
We are travelling to Hawaii over Christmas break. Staying in Ka’anapali over Christmas and Kihei over New Years before we head to Aulani for 5 days to finish out our trip.

Looking for advice on Luau’s. Thought maybe a special one for NYE would be cool or save it for Aulani. We did the PCC one years ago on Oahu but my youngest (10) has never been to one.

Any other trip advice is most welcome! We are two adults, 2 kids (15,10). We’ve been to Oahu 2 times, Kauai and The Big Island once each. First time to Maui & Aulani.

My luau rule of thumb is to find the smallest one you can, ideally at someone's private home. That's not possible for most tourists, but you get the idea. A real luau is about company, tradition, celebration. It's not a big Las Vegas show or a Hawaiian Medieval Times.

The Old Lahaina Luau in Maui is probably the states most popular. Personally I like the Aulani better but that is just my opinion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter