• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lunar New Year 2024 Foodie Guide is here!

Planned a trip awhile back for next week, and realizing that this will be going on is a pleasant surprise! Does anyone know if the food carts allow for mobile ordering? I haven't done a food festival event in years, but the last time I did I remember the lines for the carts were really long. Hoping we can do mobile ordering this time around.
They don't allow mobile ordering from the booths. However, you can order items at one booth even if pick up is at another. So if you see a short or fast-moving line even if it's not where your item is located, you can order and pay everything at once. Then you use the receipt to go pick up your items. You just need to know what you want when ordering and at which booth it's located.

They don't allow mobile ordering from the booths. However, you can order items at one booth even if pick up is at another. So if you see a short or fast-moving line even if it's not where your item is located, you can order and pay everything at once. Then you use the receipt to go pick up your items. You just need to know what you want when ordering and at which booth it's located.
Ooooh, nice trick! Yeah that's totally doable. Planning ahead and Disney just go together, so that's not a big ask. Thanks!

Attended opening day today. Sip and Savor Pass includes 6 'tabs' digitally accessed via placard. The placard has a 4 digit pin that after the cast member scans it, they ask you to enter your 4 digit pin. The receipt prints with your available tabs.

Today I tried:

Garlic Noodles - I didn't enjoy these. They were stiff too al dente, cold and oily; more Italian based flavor, not a pungent garlic flavor. I don't recommend.

Shrimp Lo Mein - Delicious. They ran out of these when I had pre-ordered a second entree, so be careful with the pre-ordering at other booths, although they should tell you when an item it out. Definitely recommend.

Chicken Bao - ehh, It had a slight floral taste. I wouldn't recommend, although the sauce that came with it was vinegary and sweet.

Bulgogi Fried Rice - I enjoyed this. The beef was tender, portion was ok, could have had more protein. The kimchi is not spicy, and the pickled cucumbers have a nice acidic bite to them. I recommend.

Taro Vietnamese Coffee - Delicious and strong. The Taro got lost due to the coffee overpowering it.

I had to look this up too. No it was 6 but for $45
That's good. For some reason it seems more expensive this year. Then again, there have been so many food festivals that I might be getting them mixed up.

Was MK always a set discount or did it depend on the MK you had?

I believe always had a discount
There was always a discount, but I thought it was a percentage off based on the MK you held. My spouse had Inspire and I had Believe and I thought we always used his MK to purchase the S&S passes. If I'm reading it correctly, this year it is a set $3 (6%) off for everyone. Am I getting my festivals mixed up?

Attended opening day today. Sip and Savor Pass includes 6 'tabs' digitally accessed via placard. The placard has a 4 digit pin that after the cast member scans it, they ask you to enter your 4 digit pin. The receipt prints with your available tabs.

Today I tried:

Garlic Noodles - I didn't enjoy these. They were stiff too al dente, cold and oily; more Italian based flavor, not a pungent garlic flavor. I don't recommend.

Shrimp Lo Mein - Delicious. They ran out of these when I had pre-ordered a second entree, so be careful with the pre-ordering at other booths, although they should tell you when an item it out. Definitely recommend.

Chicken Bao - ehh, It had a slight floral taste. I wouldn't recommend, although the sauce that came with it was vinegary and sweet.

Bulgogi Fried Rice - I enjoyed this. The beef was tender, portion was ok, could have had more protein. The kimchi is not spicy, and the pickled cucumbers have a nice acidic bite to them. I recommend.

Taro Vietnamese Coffee - Delicious and strong. The Taro got lost due to the coffee overpowering it.
Thanks for the reviews! Garlic noodles were on my list but I may have to reconsider. I thought the Bulgogi Fried Rice was plant-based, are there 2 versions?

Today I tried:

Thanks for the review! Bummer about the garlic noodles. Hopefully it was a one-off since it was the 1st day.

Look forward to more reviews and hopefully pics from everyone!

6 tabs are $46. That’s around $7.50 a tab. Are the tabs sort of like a 'dining plan' giving a discount on the food, or are they required and you can’t buy the food individually?

6 tabs are $46. That’s around $7.50 a tab. Are the tabs sort of like a 'dining plan' giving a discount on the food, or are they required and you can’t buy the food individually?

You can buy everything individually. The tabs just work as a discount if you're planning on at eating at least 6 things that are over $7.50 over the course of the festival.

I'm a planning nerd so I always make a list of what I want to try and if it's less than what the Sip & Savor would be good for, then I don't bother and just order individually. (I'm a picky eater, so it's usually less likely that I get S&S personally.)

There was always a discount, but I thought it was a percentage off based on the MK you held. My spouse had Inspire and I had Believe and I thought we always used his MK to purchase the S&S passes. If I'm reading it correctly, this year it is a set $3 (6%) off for everyone. Am I getting my festivals mixed up?
Pretty sure the sip and savor discount for festivals has always been a flat rate and not dependent on what level of AP or magic key one had.

This may be too specific a question, but are the various restaurants and carts that sell dan dan noodles all the same? We have a lamplight lounge reservation, but I'd probably drop it if I can get the same dish at GCH Craftsman Grill or Bar.

Thanks for the reviews! Garlic noodles were on my list but I may have to reconsider. I thought the Bulgogi Fried Rice was plant-based, are there 2 versions?
They were on my list as well! I spoke with some other guests as well, and they thought the same thing. The good thing is they will refund a tab; I carried my food back to a different location otherwise, I would have returned it.

Ok, I had to look at the menu again, because it actually tasted like beef. The menu states it's plant based. It now all makes sense, because my party mentioned it being too tender lol
Thanks for the review! Bummer about the garlic noodles. Hopefully it was a one-off since it was the 1st day.

Look forward to more reviews and hopefully pics from everyone!
It could have been an off start, however the flavor was so mild, that even if the noodles were cooked more, I would still not consider it tasty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter