Lunch favorites in the Magic Kingdom

marialexus35

Earning My Ears
We are leaving in 3 days and will be eating lunch twice in the MK. The last time we ate at Pecos Bills it wasn't as good as previous year. Other than Be Our Guest which is not available what are suggestions for a good lunch value at the Magic Kingdom?

TS definitely Liberty Tree Tavern. Planning on dining at The Plaza during our May trip, it's been awhile but the last time we ate there we had a great experience and the prices weren't bad.

QS we tend to go to either Pecos Bills or Columbia Harbor House (DH's favorite).

We have planned to eat at BOG, Liberty Tree Tavern, and grab QS at either Columbia Harbour House or Pecos Bill. Unfortunately the QS options aren’t terribly appealing to us.

I’d recommend The Plaza. Basics but well done and not that much more than counter service. They sometimes accept walk ups so worth an ask as you walk by if interested and can’t get an ADR.

Pinocchino Haus to me is 1 of the most underrated places to eat in MK and Disney overall. I really the food there and never had a bad meal there. Also I love the atmosphere. Its so big in there and also you can watch the people from the small world ride as well. Sleep Hollow inn is very good too especially if you like waffles.

We are more table service vice quick service people and really enjoy The Plaza, Liberty Tree Tavern, and Skippers Canteen. We can usually get day of reservations to them for lunch and I find they really aren't that much more expensive than quick service and totally worth a little more to sit and relax for a bit.

Dh and I tried diamond horseshoe for the first time and really liked our lunch there

Our go to CS restaurant is Columbia Harbor House. Our back up plan is Pinocchio Haus.

The Plaza if you can get a ADR

Cosmic Rays, I like the options there...

While not in the parks have you thought about heading over to one of the resorts for a QS lunch just a monorail ride away... Captain Cooks at the Poly offers some really great QS options, then swing by the Grand Floridian to see the Ginger bread House, and get some ginger bread for dessert.

Pinocchio Haus is our fallback. Don't like Pecos Bill, thought Cosmic Rays was way too hectic/dirty last time we were there, and not everyone in our party likes CHH. The Plaza is more relaxing and not a lot more expensive if paying out of pocket, and if you want to go over to Contemporary The Wave has a good lunch at reasonable prices.

For TS - The Plaza or Skipper Canteen
For CS - Columbia Harbour House, Casey's or Cosmic Ray's (roast chicken)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter