~ Luv4mylittleones ~ 12/17/07 WP/Gardenview/1900 PF/Morocco

Hi Diane! Haven't heard from you in awhile...any update on the dress??? Is all the planning going OK???

I'm sure you're busy as usual with all of life's everyday details!! Keep us posted..:surfweb: popcorn::

I love your enthusiasm! You are a breave woman to be buying a lot of things from the internet. I see so much cute stuff but have heard horror stories of names being printed wrong or things in wrong sizes. After reading your PJ I feel encouraged to look again and try it out. Maybe order samples? I love your color scheme!

I teared up a bit reading the things you are doing for th kids during the wedding. Very sweet and sentimental. Can't wait to read more.:surfweb:

hey Ms Diane - time for an update cookie! we miss ya!! hope all is well ... did the dress come in yet?

Michelle :cloud9:

I just have to say I just read all 14 pages of your PJ and I am hooked.. You have some great ideas and you are very creative... The hot sauce idea was just great! And the yellow rose in memory of your mother is a great idea. I was thinking of some way to honor our grandparents at our wedding since 4 of them would not be with us and placing a rose would be a perfect way. I bet you will look great in your dress and it was a good choice! Good luck with the rest of your planning!

~Stacy

Hey guys!! Sorry it's been so long and no update. I will admit that I haven't been coming to the boards very much lately. Unfortunately I have some family issues that are causing me quite a bit of grief lately and I've had to focus most of my attention on that. I honestly don't have too much to report at this point anyway, but I admit, I do miss reading about all you guys so I hope to be able to get back around here and catch up.

My dress still hasn't arrived and I haven't heard from the seller in over two weeks whe she told me my dress was completed...I've emailed her again today...I hate all this waiting crap! I'm also still waiting on my BEO from Michelle...no rush though, when it comes it comes. I was told that I would be assigned to a planner named Amy who used to work with DFTW and is now back. I haven't heard from her yet but I'm not sweating it...they haven't let me down thus far.

I guess, I do have one bit of information to report...these came in the mail this week:

5ybthmb.jpg

WOOHOO!!! DF's football tickets!! :banana: At first I was floored because these ticked clearly have a $99 price tag on them but I somehow managed to pay $750 for the pair!! I was so sick when I saw that but I'm over it now...at least they are good seats (5th row on the 35yd line) and just glad that my honey will get to finally see the seahawks live in action! :cloud9:

So that's it for now...Hopefully I will get back to my planning soon since we are now under the 4 month mark (EEK!)...and I promise to update when I do. Thanks to all of you for your wonderful comments and encouragement!!! :grouphug:

Hey guys!! Sorry it's been so long and no update. I will admit that I haven't been coming to the boards very much lately. Unfortunately I have some family issues that are causing me quite a bit of grief lately and I've had to focus most of my attention on that. I honestly don't have too much to report at this point anyway, but I admit, I do miss reading about all you guys so I hope to be able to get back around here and catch up.

My dress still hasn't arrived and I haven't heard from the seller in over two weeks whe she told me my dress was completed...I've emailed her again today...I hate all this waiting crap! I'm also still waiting on my BEO from Michelle...no rush though, when it comes it comes. I was told that I would be assigned to a planner named Amy who used to work with DFTW and is now back. I haven't heard from her yet but I'm not sweating it...they haven't let me down thus far.

I guess, I do have one bit of information to report...these came in the mail this week:

5ybthmb.jpg

WOOHOO!!! DF's football tickets!! :banana: At first I was floored because these ticked clearly have a $99 price tag on them but I somehow managed to pay $750 for the pair!! I was so sick when I saw that but I'm over it now...at least they are good seats (5th row on the 35yd line) and just glad that my honey will get to finally see the seahawks live in action! :cloud9:

So that's it for now...Hopefully I will get back to my planning soon since we are now under the 4 month mark (EEK!)...and I promise to update when I do. Thanks to all of you for your wonderful comments and encouragement!!! :grouphug:

I hope its nothing serious Diane and all is well now, sending you some big girl hugs to help you on your way:goodvibes .

Hopefully your dress will come in soon, you ordered yours the same time as me and I was told mine should be in in the next couple of weeks. I hate playing the waiting game as well though.

You paid how much for those tickets, WOW!!!!!:eek: That's some serious money but you guys will have a blast so its worth every penny.:woohoo:

Its great to hear from you hunni:love:

I too haven't had time to update my PJ or even post much...so I definately know how that is! We've also had family issues to deal with...prbly not the same as yours...but any stress can really make one unmotivated and well stressed! I hope things turn up for you soon!

hey Diane,

so nice to see you on!! and Joe will LOVE those tickets - that's incredible! I'm sure your dress will be in soon - I spoke with my dressmaker today and she is waiting on a piece of lace to add an under section on the arms...and I make add a sash in the front. won't know til I try it on...oh well, listen just concentrate on your family and everything else will come in due time... and I'm really looking forward to Jellyrolls with you and Sharon and our hubbies :goodvibes and whoever else!

Michelle :cloud9:

YAY! I finally got the chains for the kids pendants. I ordered them from ebay (of course) and they weren't exactly what I expected but I think they will do nicely. My oldest may not like his...he's almost 9 and he digs those cuban chains so this thin snake (rope) chain may not be his cup of tea...we shall see, lol. The two younger kids have an even thinner box chain. At any rate, I don't really expect them to wear them after the wedding day...it's more of a keepsake. I was really worried about Joe fumbling with the clasps during the ceremony so I bought those clever clasp things I saw on tv (but mine came from ebay...:laughing: )...they are great! I really like the way the pendants turned out...I tried to take a picture with my camera phone but of course, it looks like crap...haha!

ring1.jpg

b241_1.jpg

DSCN6522.jpg

The pendants are just a ladies size 4 band (I think they are 4mm wide) and I had them each engraved with the wedding date and "A Family United". They look great but I couldn't get a good picture of the engraving. I hope the kids like them! :)

The comment on the Cuban chains made me crack up! I live in Miami so I know exactly what type of chain your son likes. :rotfl:

I love the idea of the pendants though, I hope the kids really like them.

I'm still totally freaked about my dress not coming so I've decided to order a "back up" dress. I'm not in love with it but it was really inexpensive and will suffice if my gown dosen't arrive. I don't like the jacket that much but it will be nice to have at the dessert party since I imagine it will be pretty chilly, if not downright cold. At any rate, it will be here next week, and that's quite a load off... So here it is:

Gown2.jpg

Oh...and I FINALLY got my initial BEO from Disney...it's over $7200 and that's without floral! I think I'm going to cut the alcohol from the dessert party but aside from that there isn't much else I can cut. Can you believe they are charging me $175 for a simple sheet cake for the groom? EEK! Oh well...it'll be worth it!

The comment on the Cuban chains made me crack up! I live in Miami so I know exactly what type of chain your son likes. :rotfl:

I love the idea of the pendants though, I hope the kids really like them.

We lived in Ft lauderdale for 5 years so that's where my son developed his "style", lol! It's so funny but he's only 9 and sooo particular!

I'm still totally freaked about my dress not coming so I've decided to order a "back up" dress. I'm not in love with it but it was really inexpensive and will suffice if my gown dosen't arrive. I don't like the jacket that much but it will be nice to have at the dessert party since I imagine it will be pretty chilly, if not downright cold. At any rate, it will be here next week, and that's quite a load off... So here it is:

Gown2.jpg

Oh...and I FINALLY got my initial BEO from Disney...it's over $7200 and that's without floral! I think I'm going to cut the alcohol from the dessert party but aside from that there isn't much else I can cut. Can you believe they are charging me $175 for a simple sheet cake for the groom? EEK! Oh well...it'll be worth it!

I love this dress Diane, its very sophisticated looked so no matter which one you go with you will look stunning. I think with this dress you will be able to go a bit more glitzy with your jewellery as well so there are a lot of options. The jacket looks really nice as well, as you say it will be prefect for those cold December nights. Did you get your BEO in through the post? I wonder when I will get mine in. That's actually a really good price considering you are having a dessert party, its only about £4000 here which we would consider a great price.

I love this dress Diane, its very sophisticated looked so no matter which one you go with you will look stunning. I think with this dress you will be able to go a bit more glitzy with your jewellery as well so there are a lot of options. The jacket looks really nice as well, as you say it will be prefect for those cold December nights. Did you get your BEO in through the post? I wonder when I will get mine in. That's actually a really good price considering you are having a dessert party, its only about £4000 here which we would consider a great price.

I actually nagged my planner until she emailed it to me (poor thing) and I'm glad she did because there are a few mistakes, but nothing too serious. If you'll remember my planner left Disney and I got a new one, so I expected some problems but it really hasn't been bad at all. And yeah, I'm actually pretty pleased with my BEO except I have no idea how much floral is yet. I budgeted $7500 total to Disney so I think by cutting out the alcohol will put me in the clear.

I actually nagged my planner until she emailed it to me (poor thing) and I'm glad she did because there are a few mistakes, but nothing too serious. If you'll remember my planner left Disney and I got a new one, so I expected some problems but it really hasn't been bad at all. And yeah, I'm actually pretty pleased with my BEO except I have no idea how much floral is yet. I budgeted $7500 total to Disney so I think by cutting out the alcohol will put me in the clear.

I have just emailed mine as well (you are such a bad influence lol). Mine changed as well so we are pretty much in the same boat as you. How much did your alcohol come in at if you don't mind me asking? Do you get your floral one seperately then?

Basically, Rosie hasn't done the floral part yet and it will be included in my final "official" BEO...this initial one one was pretty much just to get me off her back, hahaha! The alcohol wasn't really that much (it was an estimate for a billed on consumption package)....it came to about $200 + $100 for the bartender. I don't really think it'll be missed...I think some hot coffee on a December evening will be much more appropriate (Maybe they can supply hot chocolate for the kids...I'll have to ask). For our cake cutting though, I did order two extra bottles of champagne and a bottle of cider which came to about $180.

The extra bottles with the cake cutting are really expensive, there is only 8 of us so I just ordered extra non-alcoholic cider so the kids could have some. What is the normal timescale for getting your BEO in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter