Lydia and Dave's Disney Cruise Wedding, 10-26-2014

You have been so busy! First off glad the drama with that girl is over what a nightmare im sure :faint: Second off glad you found inexpensive magnets!! Yey two dollars is such a good deal and they look fabulous I love the template of the mickey mouse and goofy head in the sky I had been looking for that one forever!

Also your flower girl dress is darling and how nice that she will feel "grown up!" so cute

Also my favorite jr.bridesmaid dress is the one on the right I love the skirt and the flowers at the top very cute!

and 45 people that is so exciting! Congrats on so many people coming to spend your big day with you :cheer2:

I think if you want to do cheap welcome bags do little "bear necessities" bags kind of what you mentioned hand sanitizer, aloe, sunscreen etc, dollar tree has all that and if you need a hand sanitizer look at mine on my pj I got a great deal from a lady they are fabulous I just love them!:goodvibes

oh and have you picked a cake topper yet? I love your cake pick so cute hidden mickeys perfect for your theme! Also that is one of my favorite bouquets it will look great in pictures!

Can't wait for more updates you are so close now!

Melissa

Thanks Melissa! BTW I just messaged you the link to the template of the Mickey head. [=
And I am just going to use whatever cake topper Disney provides for us. I think there are two ones they usually rotate between for wedding.
I emailed my planning guide in then AFTER it was all submitted (of course) Dave and I decided to make some changes. Originally we were going to sit totally separate from our guests so we could have quiet, romantic dinners. Then we decided it would make more sense to sit in the same area so I e-mailed the planner to see if we could make that happen even though the guide was already submitted. I am hoping because I got the guide in early and it still isn't 60 days out that we can make those changes

Thanks Melissa! BTW I just messaged you the link to the template of the Mickey head. [=
And I am just going to use whatever cake topper Disney provides for us. I think there are two ones they usually rotate between for wedding.
I emailed my planning guide in then AFTER it was all submitted (of course) Dave and I decided to make some changes. Originally we were going to sit totally separate from our guests so we could have quiet, romantic dinners. Then we decided it would make more sense to sit in the same area so I e-mailed the planner to see if we could make that happen even though the guide was already submitted. I am hoping because I got the guide in early and it still isn't 60 days out that we can make those changes

Thank you for the template your a life saver! and I have seen the ones they give the little mickey and Minnie its really cute :goodvibes

that's funny that you emailed your packet in late but at least you emailed it in! and I am very curious how your seating chart is going to work out Kaity told me they email you a excel spreadsheet 45 days out and then you can make adjustments and put people wherever that is my biggest worry you will have to keep us updated on that one!

Ahh! So many new details! The formal invite is brilliant, I love the magnets, the Bridal Shower photos are lovely, the rings look amazing, you've picked songs and fully paid for so many cruises. And your gown! It's absolutely 'yours' now and just looks perfect on you.

You're doing such a great job with everything, it's great you've got such a good guest count - even if it isn't a multiple of 11 anymore, a favourite number of mine too as I was born on the 11th - and it's getting to the point where there's very little but time standing between you and the adventure of a lifetime. And even then it's not much time, we leave for the US on the 26th of October so we're both counting down to the same date and I know there's not all that many days to go.

Ahh! So many new details! The formal invite is brilliant, I love the magnets, the Bridal Shower photos are lovely, the rings look amazing, you've picked songs and fully paid for so many cruises. And your gown! It's absolutely 'yours' now and just looks perfect on you.

You're doing such a great job with everything, it's great you've got such a good guest count - even if it isn't a multiple of 11 anymore, a favourite number of mine too as I was born on the 11th - and it's getting to the point where there's very little but time standing between you and the adventure of a lifetime. And even then it's not much time, we leave for the US on the 26th of October so we're both counting down to the same date and I know there's not all that many days to go.

Thanks so much Ben! I am so thrilled with how everything is turning out, and you are right, pretty much nothing but the waiting now! I am so excited that you guys have the same countdown date as us, I think October 26 is going to be a very lucky day =D I am so excited to see all of your pictures and hear the stories...you are going to do a TR right?!

Thank you for the template your a life saver! and I have seen the ones they give the little mickey and Minnie its really cute :goodvibes
that's funny that you emailed your packet in late but at least you emailed it in! and I am very curious how your seating chart is going to work out Kaity told me they email you a excel spreadsheet 45 days out and then you can make adjustments and put people wherever that is my biggest worry you will have to keep us updated on that one!
No problem girl! Happy to share [= My magnets are being shipped to me right now, I am so excited to see what they look like!
I actually got the packet in two weeks early, but then Dave and I started changing things =P that is kinda my MO...I get everything done way in advance and then I second guess and try to change it lol.
I spoke to Val (taking over for Meredith, I guess Kaity isn't our coordinator anymore...ugh) and since my guests are already linked to who they want to sit with she is just going to coordinate us into the same area and not play around with the table assignments. I am trying to verify with her though that Dave and I can still have our private table and that we can be situated on the other side of the area from our parents. I will keep you posted though.

Most exciting news ever!
So I think I mentioned before (for DCL brides and grooms) the room assignments and date/time for the wedding are not confirmed until 45 days before the wedding. However, because Dave and I have such a huge group (ie. extremely limited as to when/where we can go), they were able to confirm everything a month sooner!
Yesterday I had a conference call with Val (Disney Wedding Planner) and Faith (Ship to Shore Coordinator) and...drum roll please....
We are getting married October 27th (first day at sea) at 4PM in the Outlook Cafe!

d2f17e8db5e6ba93fa6b96a99cc4ecfd.jpg

I am SO thrilled. Our most important requests were that the wedding be on the first day at sea at 4PM, and Outlook Cafe was a *very* close second for our venue request. I could not be happier with how it is going to turn out.

Then on a very different note, our cruise is going to be part of the "Halloween on the High Seas," which means costume parties, Halloween decorations, trick-or-treating, and spooky snacks and movies! I am a huge Halloween nut so I am beyond excited. We are trying to get a group themed costume together with our guests, and us girls have pretty much voted on princes and princesses. All the girls will dress up like Disney princesses and their boyfriend/husband will be their respective prince. Dave and I will most likely stay in our bride and groom gear...so hopefully the finished product will end up something like this (with the groom and princes of course):
18dtdsfkcmtn7jpg.jpg

I am a bit torn though...I would also love to dress up like Snow White (who doesn't want to be a Disney princess?!) but I also want to get as much use out of my gown as I can. Dave also doesn't want to dress up like Snow White's prince (he thinks the prince looks like a fairy, haha) so I am trying to totally give up the Snow White idea. Any input/ideas/thoughts pleeeease?? =D

As for a quick wedding planning catch up:
The remaining planning items are all pretty much going to be taken care of this month. Yesterday we addressed and stuffed all of the formal invitations so those will be going in the mail today. The guest magnets should be here any day now (I hope they turn out well!!) and all of our guests are checking in online for the cruise! Just over 70 days to go guys!!!

Thanks so much Ben! I am so thrilled with how everything is turning out, and you are right, pretty much nothing but the waiting now! I am so excited that you guys have the same countdown date as us, I think October 26 is going to be a very lucky day =D I am so excited to see all of your pictures and hear the stories...you are going to do a TR right?!

No problem girl! Happy to share [= My magnets are being shipped to me right now, I am so excited to see what they look like!
I actually got the packet in two weeks early, but then Dave and I started changing things =P that is kinda my MO...I get everything done way in advance and then I second guess and try to change it lol.
I spoke to Val (taking over for Meredith, I guess Kaity isn't our coordinator anymore...ugh) and since my guests are already linked to who they want to sit with she is just going to coordinate us into the same area and not play around with the table assignments. I am trying to verify with her though that Dave and I can still have our private table and that we can be situated on the other side of the area from our parents. I will keep you posted though.

Thanks and I have a feeling I will be the same way all early and then change things last mintue! and I can't believe how many times our coordinator has changed its so crazy! and that will be nice to have a private table can't wait to hear more!

Most exciting news ever!
So I think I mentioned before (for DCL brides and grooms) the room assignments and date/time for the wedding are not confirmed until 45 days before the wedding. However, because Dave and I have such a huge group (ie. extremely limited as to when/where we can go), they were able to confirm everything a month sooner!
Yesterday I had a conference call with Val (Disney Wedding Planner) and Faith (Ship to Shore Coordinator) and...drum roll please....
We are getting married October 27th (first day at sea) at 4PM in the Outlook Cafe!

I am SO thrilled. Our most important requests were that the wedding be on the first day at sea at 4PM, and Outlook Cafe was a *very* close second for our venue request. I could not be happier with how it is going to turn out.

Then on a very different note, our cruise is going to be part of the "Halloween on the High Seas," which means costume parties, Halloween decorations, trick-or-treating, and spooky snacks and movies! I am a huge Halloween nut so I am beyond excited. We are trying to get a group themed costume together with our guests, and us girls have pretty much voted on princes and princesses. All the girls will dress up like Disney princesses and their boyfriend/husband will be their respective prince. Dave and I will most likely stay in our bride and groom gear...so hopefully the finished product will end up something like this (with the groom and princes of course):

I am a bit torn though...I would also love to dress up like Snow White (who doesn't want to be a Disney princess?!) but I also want to get as much use out of my gown as I can. Dave also doesn't want to dress up like Snow White's prince (he thinks the prince looks like a fairy, haha) so I am trying to totally give up the Snow White idea. Any input/ideas/thoughts pleeeease?? =D

As for a quick wedding planning catch up:
The remaining planning items are all pretty much going to be taken care of this month. Yesterday we addressed and stuffed all of the formal invitations so those will be going in the mail today. The guest magnets should be here any day now (I hope they turn out well!!) and all of our guests are checking in online for the cruise! Just over 70 days to go guys!!!

CONGRULATIONS ON THE OUTLOOK! that is the venue I really want it is going to be so pretty and how exciting to know where everything is going to be and the time and 4 is perfect! Gives you time to enjoy the day but then your guest can still make the show at 6 and dinner at 8 while you take pictures and then you can go to dinner yey! I personally would change ( I have a second dress) but if you want to stay bridal looking pick a princess who has a bridal look maybe that your fiance likes the prince, or stay in your wedding clothes all night!

Let us know what you decide :goodvibes

Yep, definitely intend to do a trip report! I'm feeling a bit ambitious at the moment, Jess tends to go to sleep earlier than me so I'm thinking I might periodically update while we're there. We'll see how that turns out but I feel like that'll give me the best chance of actually getting all the details in order like some of the really good ones on here. Hope you do one too, a wedding at Sea with over forty of your closest friends is such a unique adventure and it'll make a great story (it already has!).

Congrats on getting your wedding date too! It's great to see you're so glad with everything and it's nice that it's early into the cruise so you can spend the rest of the trip celebrating without any of the nerves! And of course you have that option of wearing your gown again for Halloween. Jess & I love Halloween too, it's a big part of the reason for the timing of our trip, and we've often had trouble agreeing on costumes as a couple. I'm not sure it'll help your current situation but this year Jess really wants to be Elsa from Frozen - not leaving me with many options! But instead I thought of something a bit different that I do really like that still matches in an odd way; Sub Zero from Mortal Kombat. Kinda makes sense (enough so that others have done it), kinda completely silly so it works for us. Best of luck with your decision there!

Congrats on getting your date and location!! It's wonderful that you're getting things confirmed so early and I'm glad you're happy with your assignment.

I love the flowers you chose and the 2 junior BM dresses are so cute! Has she picked one yet?

Love the invites as well - they're so sleek and classy and do seem to fit your theme perfectly!

Alright everybody, keep me in your thoughts! The cruise is next month (Eek!) and I am starting to get really stressed out. I thought the planning and everything was done but I was very wrong. :(

First off, the guest count has changed again. We had two cancel and one book, so now I am at my even 44, (yay multiples of 11) but I also have to rearrange the dining configuration.

My travel agent and I worked our butts off to make this as easy/affordable for our guests as possible, but I failed to account for guests not cooperating. =/ Back in February my TA found us amazing rates on a really nice hotel in Miami ($95 a night, free shuttle transportation to/from port and to/from airport plus continental breakfasts) and reserved us a block of rooms. All the guests had to do was call and secure a room, and then pay once they arrived. Unfortunately only a few of our guests actually did that, and the hotel could not hold the rooms past the middle of August. The hotel (and most of the hotels in the area) have since booked full since it IS a popular tourist destination over a holiday during a time most schools are on fall break, and a record cruise sailing week to boot. So now the guests are all calling me upset because the only hotels with rooms available are VERY expensive, extremely far away from the port and do not provide transportation or meals so the bill for the one night hotel stay plus meals and transportation is getting up towards to price of the entire cruise.

So I am really frustrated because I want to be able to make this perfect for everyone but I have already done all I can. I gave everyone months notice on everything (18 months on cruise and airfare, 7 months on hotel and shuttle) but they procrastinated and now they are expecting me to perform some kind of a miracle.

Ok. Done ranting, going to talk about good things! Of which there are many =D

The magnets arrived, and they are awesome!! A tiny bit smaller than I had anticipated but not enough to bother me, and they look so great. AND the seller included some precious bonus Disney themed "bride and groom" magnets for the door to our suite. I will put pix up later

Dave and I decided to stay in Miami an extra couple of nights after we get off our second cruise so we can do the boardwalk and beach (and maybe drive into the keys if we have enough energy) so we are looking at some different hotels.

Dave and I booked our flights, and I am excited to finally be able to buy a one way ticket to Colorado =D it is emotionally difficult to constantly have to say goodbye to him, so I am overjoyed that I finally get to go home with him to STAY.

My dress still fits. This is a big deal because I have in past months become addicted to Krispy Kreme donuts and 711 Slurpees.

Dave agreed we could wear matching bride and groom Disney shirts on boarding day so I am working with an Etsy seller to customize them for us. We are going to be too dang adorable =D

It turns out the groomsmen all have identical suits already, so no one has to buy/rent a new suit.

I just found out we are going down to Florida sooner than I thought and my family is taking me to Disney for my 22nd birthday!!

Basically, in spite of the stress this is just going to be so fantastic =D

Plans look great! I've been following along...we are getting married on the dream next November...so it's fun to see what another autumn DCL bride will do with all the planning. Just realized we will likely be on your wedding cruise! They just opened up some great fla resident rates for the end of October. :)

Plans look great! I've been following along...we are getting married on the dream next November...so it's fun to see what another autumn DCL bride will do with all the planning. Just realized we will likely be on your wedding cruise! They just opened up some great fla resident rates for the end of October. :)
OMG that is so awesome!! Let me know if you go, I would love to swap contact info and see if maybe we can meet up quickly at some point!

Basically, in spite of the stress this is just going to be so fantastic =D

I know that feeling! Such a great post, I think you've really summed up a lot of how things are at this point in the timeline. Having lived apart from Jess for three years I know how all the goodbyes feel so I'm so happy for you that they're going to be behind you. Sounds like there's been so much good news and so much to get excited about, it's a shame your guests have got themselves into that situation and put that issue on you because you deserve nothing but positivity from now on for all your hard work. I can vouch for Miami's port being busy that time of year, Jess & I were on a cruise out of there at the end of October in 2012! I could see why too, such a great time of year to get on the water. We got amazing weather for our trip and I'm sure you will too. I don't envy your hotel situation but your magnets arrived, flights booked, birthday soon, dress fits.. almost time to start packing!

I know that feeling! Such a great post, I think you've really summed up a lot of how things are at this point in the timeline. Having lived apart from Jess for three years I know how all the goodbyes feel so I'm so happy for you that they're going to be behind you. Sounds like there's been so much good news and so much to get excited about, it's a shame your guests have got themselves into that situation and put that issue on you because you deserve nothing but positivity from now on for all your hard work. I can vouch for Miami's port being busy that time of year, Jess & I were on a cruise out of there at the end of October in 2012! I could see why too, such a great time of year to get on the water. We got amazing weather for our trip and I'm sure you will too. I don't envy your hotel situation but your magnets arrived, flights booked, birthday soon, dress fits.. almost time to start packing!

How cool, what ship did you and Jess go on? October is one of my favorite times to sail as well because I love the weather, over the summer it is actually a tad bit too hot for me, but any later in the year an it isn't hot enough.
I am trying not to stress about the guests, I figure they will eventually get on the ship one way or another and if they have to spend hundreds more that is on them. =P

OMG that is so awesome!! Let me know if you go, I would love to swap contact info and see if maybe we can meet up quickly at some point!

We are booked and on your wedding cruise! So excited. We got a really good deal on this so why not!! Plus it's the best time of the year to cruise :)

We are booked and on your wedding cruise! So excited. We got a really good deal on this so why not!! Plus it's the best time of the year to cruise :)

Fantastic!!!! That is so exciting! Are you on Facebook? I would love to add you/get your number, maybe we will end up running across each other!

How cool, what ship did you and Jess go on? October is one of my favorite times to sail as well because I love the weather, over the summer it is actually a tad bit too hot for me, but any later in the year an it isn't hot enough.
I am trying not to stress about the guests, I figure they will eventually get on the ship one way or another and if they have to spend hundreds more that is on them. =P

haha Yep, you snooze you lose! I hope they recognise that, you did what you could and have a lot more to worry about than their individual accomodations. Jess & I were on the Norwegian Pearl for the KISS Kruise from Miami to Cozumel and the weather was absolutely perfect for us. I tend to run and hide from the sun on ..well most days, but certainly hot ones, but that whole trip was just beautiful.

There is only just a tiny little bit over one month to go, not that I need to tell you of course! I have a countdown clock constantly reminding me how soon Oct 26 is and I always remember that is also the day you set sail. Hope everything is going well, you've always seemed so well prepared that I'm sure you've got everything under control

Sorry to have neglected my blog guys, with less than two weeks to go I am going crazy!
There are still a handful of guests that have yet to book hotel rooms or transportation and of course they are all calling me frantically for help. But they have had MORE than enough time, notice, and help to get this all taken care of, and unfortunately for them I am going to enjoy my last week at home with my family and friends without responding to a slew of phone calls, e-mails, and texts from procrastinators.
Last week I had my second bridal shower as well as my bachelorette party. There were about 20 ladies at my shower, and 6 of my close friends came to my bachelorette. We all went out to the Melting Pot for cheese and chocolate fondue, then over to a local farm that hosts this giant Halloween celebration, so that was great.
And speaking of Halloween...Dave and I finally chose our costumes. We are going as the sltty Pumpkin (dis doesn't like that word spelled out lol) and the Hanging Chad. (HIMYM fans will understand haha). Of course I am going to be a modest sltty pumpkin but the premise is still the same.
Oh, and before I forget: for a wedding gift our travel agent arranged for Dave and I to have a limo transport us to the port! I am so excited, a limo just seems so bridal [=
Other than that I think we are all geared up to go. The photog has our photo wish list, my dress still fits (thank goodness) and I have informed Dave that if his groomsmen act up I will be holding him responsible so I am confident they will be on good behavior for the sixty minutes. After that I have no control over them but as long as they act like humans for the wedding they can do whatever they want after.
I will update later about some of the last minute planning things, but just wanted to get this up quickly before work [=

Sorry to have neglected my blog guys, with less than two weeks to go I am going crazy!
There are still a handful of guests that have yet to book hotel rooms or transportation and of course they are all calling me frantically for help. But they have had MORE than enough time, notice, and help to get this all taken care of, and unfortunately for them I am going to enjoy my last week at home with my family and friends without responding to a slew of phone calls, e-mails, and texts from procrastinators.
Last week I had my second bridal shower as well as my bachelorette party. There were about 20 ladies at my shower, and 6 of my close friends came to my bachelorette. We all went out to the Melting Pot for cheese and chocolate fondue, then over to a local farm that hosts this giant Halloween celebration, so that was great.
And speaking of Halloween...Dave and I finally chose our costumes. We are going as the sltty Pumpkin (dis doesn't like that word spelled out lol) and the Hanging Chad. (HIMYM fans will understand haha). Of course I am going to be a modest sltty pumpkin but the premise is still the same.
Oh, and before I forget: for a wedding gift our travel agent arranged for Dave and I to have a limo transport us to the port! I am so excited, a limo just seems so bridal [=
Other than that I think we are all geared up to go. The photog has our photo wish list, my dress still fits (thank goodness) and I have informed Dave that if his groomsmen act up I will be holding him responsible so I am confident they will be on good behavior for the sixty minutes. After that I have no control over them but as long as they act like humans for the wedding they can do whatever they want after.
I will update later about some of the last minute planning things, but just wanted to get this up quickly before work [=

So glad your back!! :goodvibes I can't believe your wedding is so close time has just flown by I have loved following along with your PJ! and I love your Halloween outfit it seems so fun and I agree those boys better behave for an hour my DF has the same pressure once the wedding is done they can do whatever! Welleverything has come together so great you must do a final update and when you get back a full TR I can't wait to hear how everything goes!

Can't wait for more popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter