Lymph Lode lump after tetanus (tdap)?

Hi there! I know it's eight years later :) but would you mind telling me what were the results of your lump? I'm sitting here worried about a lump right on my collarbone that moves up down. My neck is stiff, I just had a tetanus shot and a flu shot five days ago. I just discovered it. Here I am, after midnight.. I'm scheduled for a hip injection for arthritis in the morning. All I needed was another worry! Ughhhh! I'd so appreciate a response ❤

Hi MsPetraB. Hope you're doing well and staying healthy. I still have the same small knot near my lymph node and it's been 3+ months. I'm curious if you had any updates on the lymph node issue? I know it's been a while but would appreciate any info you might have. Thanks!

Hi Gyorgyi. Hope you're doing well. I had an appointment to see my GP because I still have the same small knot near my lymph node and it's been 3+ months. But then unfortunately COVID-19 happened and I cancelled the appointment. Hope you're healthy and well and just wanted to check in if you had any updates on the lymph node issue? Curious if you saw a doctor or received any results. Thanks!
I am in the same shoes. Its been there for about 5 months now and I have not seen a dr. Yet. The only update about it, it has gotten smaller. Feels like it takes a year to go away...As soon as this corona thing calms down I will go to my dr. And show it to him. It hurts when I push it and it moves around..such a nasty shot..
Do you see any changes in the size?
Hope you are staying healthy too. Keep me posted!

Yes, mine feels a bit smaller as well and is tender. I will do the same and see the doc when this Covid is over. Keep me posted and Stay well!

You guys I cannot believe after so much googling and looking for answers I came across this forum!! I had tetanus shot along with flu shot almost 3 months ago, and a week later or even earlier noticed lump in my armpit! The lump itself doesn’t hurt, but my upper arm has been sore ever since, not crazy like the first day you get it, kind of like after an intense workout. My husband keeps telling me it’s a lipoma but I know it’s not! The timing is just too perfect. The weird thing is that mine comes and goes throughout the day, it’s not there when I wake up, but then it appears! Wasn’t able to see the doc yet

Hi Gyorgyi. Hope you're doing well. I had an appointment to see my GP because I still have the same small knot near my lymph node and it's been 3+ months. But then unfortunately COVID-19 happened and I cancelled the appointment. Hope you're healthy and well and just wanted to check in if you had any updates on the lymph node issue? Curious if you saw a doctor or received any results. Thanks!
[/QUOTE

hey! I hope you are doing good! Do you have any updates on the lymph node? I still have it after several months, it causes pain when I push It.I will see a dr soon and let yall know but I dont understand why its not going down.
Its seems smaller though.. its really bothering me..

I am in the same shoes. Its been there for about 5 months now and I have not seen a dr. Yet. The only update about it, it has gotten smaller. Feels like it takes a year to go away...As soon as this corona thing calms down I will go to my dr. And show it to him. It hurts when I push it and it moves around..such a nasty shot..
Do you see any changes in the size?
Hope you are staying healthy too. Keep me posted!

Flu/vaccine shots will absolutely cause them to swell. And sometimes after fighting infection, they won’t go back down.

I have a supraclavicular lymph node under my left collarbone that is easily palpable (sometimes I can feel the right side if I dig for it). It’s not large where someone can see it sticking out, but if I press around, it’s easily felt and movable like a little bean. Been there a long time. And every time I get a flu shot in my left arm, it becomes tender and swollen. Every. time.

I also have palpable submandibular nodes under both sides of my jaw, which have been there forever. One side feels like a walnut, however, according to Ultrasound is just a little bigger than a pea.

Again, sometimes the nodes remain enlarged after infection. Mine go up and down, but don’t continue to grow. Going back down to a smaller size is a good sign. If mine were to continue to grow larger (especially rapidly) and not go down, my ENT would be concerned. They haven’t in the past 4+ years of ultrasound monitoring, so I don’t freak anymore

Also, don’t allow anxiety to cause you to go digging for them. Unfortunately, I had a habit of messing with them, which, yep, causes swelling :sad2:

Anyway, just want to share my experience. For peace of mind, I’d still see a doc :thumbsup2

Hey! Thank you for the answer! Yes I think it has gotten smaller and also moved around, painful to touch. Same thing as yours! Hope you are staying healthy too.

Thank you so much for this information! I sincerely appreciate you sharing it, and it certainly helps alleviate some stress. Thanks!

Hey guys! Quick update! Yesterday I went to show it to a dr.
He said he was not concerned about it and the size was too small.. Unless you have 2-3 lumps next to each other size of your fingernails it should not be a concern.
He asked me to not touch it as it hurts and but check about once a week to make sure its not growing. I told him it was actually getting smaller which is def a good sign...
Well I hope everyone feels good, stay safe and healthy 😘

Just got a tetanus shot two days ago. Yesterday I noticed marble sized like above collar bone on left side (same side I got the shot) it's between my neck and shoulder. It is hard and moveable. It didn't hurt until today. Now it hurts enough for me to take ibuprofen. My white blood cell count was pretty high when I got it but we don't know why yet. I've gotten tetanus doors before and never have experienced anything like it. No other glands or anything seem to be affected. I have a low grade fever atm. So odd that so many people would have the same exact thing happen!

It is very weird! My dr said it might not be because of the shot but that is when I noticed it and I normally notice new things on my body. Does it hurt because you keep touching it? My dr told ke not to touch it much because they are painful.

hi all! I got a small hard lump after the COVID vaccine. It’s near my collarbone and happened a day after the vaccine on the side of the injection site. It is not soft, but definitely happened after the shot. I wanted to update this forum to see if it happened to anyone else. I was nervous and found this forum and a couple others.

We are seeing lots of this now after the covid vaccine. should be back to normal within a few weeks to months of the 2nd dose.

I recently read reports of getting the Covid shot too close to the shoulder joint . It should be injected in the deltoid... wherever that might be. Do you think this is part of the problem knowing most doctors or nurses would not want to mention this detail... after the fact.
Thanks for updating this To keep the conversation current.
Healthy wishes for all.

hi all! I got a small hard lump after the COVID vaccine. It’s near my collarbone and happened a day after the vaccine on the side of the injection site. It is not soft, but definitely happened after the shot. I wanted to update this forum to see if it happened to anyone else. I was nervous and found this forum and a couple others.
Hi! Similar thing with me! After my Pfizer 1 dose I accidentally found a lymph node a little above my left collarbone 2 weeks later (possibly was there earlier but it’s not visible so hard to say when exactly became palpable). It is a pea-size and moves around.

Hi! Similar thing with me! After my Pfizer 1 dose I accidentally found a lymph node a little above my left collarbone 2 weeks later (possibly was there earlier but it’s not visible so hard to say when exactly became palpable). It is a pea-size and moves around.

Exact same spot for me! Pea sized and moved around. Still there. I plan to go to the doc in a couple weeks if it doesn’t go away.

I recently read reports of getting the Covid shot too close to the shoulder joint . It should be injected in the deltoid... wherever that might be. Do you think this is part of the problem knowing most doctors or nurses would not want to mention this detail... after the fact.
Thanks for updating this To keep the conversation current.
Healthy wishes for all.

I have had the flu shot injected too high. This injection looked pretty good but I noticed the little lump after the shot (seems if it had been there before I would’ve noticed). Very odd

Exact same spot for me! Pea sized and moved around. Still there. I plan to go to the doc in a couple weeks if it doesn’t go away.
I went to see my doctor immediately as I didn’t know what it was. She said no concern and that she has one at the same spot that comes ans goes. She said we would be concernes if it was really big and really hard. I am gonna wait 2 months, as I just got my 2 shot, and my response to it was horrible. Keep me posted! I also feel that the tissue around the little node is somewhat puffy. I asked other people around me, there were 4 people that also had swollen node after the shot

I went to see my doctor immediately as I didn’t know what it was. She said no concern and that she has one at the same spot that comes ans goes. She said we would be concernes if it was really big and really hard. I am gonna wait 2 months, as I just got my 2 shot, and my response to it was horrible. Keep me posted! I also feel that the tissue around the little node is somewhat puffy. I asked other people around me, there were 4 people that also had swollen node after the shot

thank you! This makes me feel so much better. I booked an appointment for March 8. I will keep you posted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter