Mad Hatter Musical Chairs-is this still happening?

PiratesMansion

Mouseketeer
I'm headed to Disneyland for the first time since 2018 in a few weeks, and I'm bringing with me a friend who has never been. I really enjoyed the Mad Hatter Musical Chairs the one time I saw it and was thinking that would be a fun diversion to share with her.

Does anyone know if this is still happening, or if it was cut post-2020 closure?

We saw Bert & Mary Poppins wander and ride the carousel in Fantasyland, and also Pinocchio wandering through. Wendy was also spotted, but we didn't see Alice. This was mid-June, and we spent a couple mornings exclusively in Fantasyland.

I haven't seen it since since the park re-opened, but I wasn't looking for it specifically. In April the piano player was still up in a roped off area of the Jolly Holiday veranda and not right outside of Coke Corner where they used to do the musical chairs.

I've seen Alice roaming with the White Rabbit beginning of May. They came out near Small World and made their way through Fantasyland, exited behind Pixie Hollow.

Moana and Gepetto were roaming near Small World the day before, they exited where Alice and Rabbit came out.

One morning (straight after opening) Mirabel and Woody were out in Fantasyland. They were only out for about 20 minutes, didn't come back after that.

I don't think I've seen any roaming characters post-pandemic outside of Avengers Campus so my guess is that this isn't happening but I didn't check specifically for it the last time I was in the parks.
Characters are definitely roaming. Last week, Alice and the Mad Hatter got in line with us on Teacups and then rode in a teacup. I also saw Tiana riding on the Mark Twain and interacting with guests. I’ve seen other roaming characters as well.

At the very least, it's encouraging to see a clear trend towards returning to the way things used to be, even if they're not quite there yet.

I'm glad the piano player is back! I was wondering about that because I couldn't find information about that in their entertainment schedule on the website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter