Madi is going to visit Mitbee and Meemee for her 3rd birthday! September 2010 PTR

LaurLaur04

Mouseketeer
Hello fellow Disney Addicts!! Welcome to my PTR!!

The Cast-
Me (23)- Been to Disney 15 times in my life, sad that it hasn't been more! Stayed on sight maybe 3 times out of those, 2 times at POR (when it was still Dixie Landings) and once at CSR. I feel absolutely at home when at Disney!! I am a single mother and work part-time as a Registered Radiologic Technologist (x-ray tech). I LOVE my job and like my boss frequently tells me, I know where my bread is buttered! lol :rotfl2:

Madison (DD2)- This trip is all about MADI!! We are checking in the day BEFORE her birthday (yes, I am cheating and taking advantage of the whole "check-in when you are 2 and be "2" the entire stay" idea). My daughter is lover of ALL things Mickey Mouse. Yes, she sits in front of the TV almost always and watches it. Nothing else. Yes I shouldn't let her watch so much TV, but in my defense she has learned ALOT from it (even speech because she had a speech delay) and I cannot deprive her of her Mitbee! :rotfl:

The Reason-
This trip is for DD's 3rd birthday. Again, she LOVES Mickey. I cannot stress this enough! Again, I am a single mother and only work part-time. So funds are TIGHT. This is why I want to do it now, instead of when I have to pay for her as well, because that will cost twice as much! She went last year at 18 months but it was the trip from HELL. We went along with my parents, sister, bro-in-law, and their 2 kids. All the kids first trips, along with my brother-in-law. As my mother says, too many chiefs, not enough Indians! :lmao: Couple that with a stomach virus that wiped out my niece, and affected my father and I, this is why I refer to it as the trip from hell.

The Dates-
September 17-25, 2010
DDs Birthday is September 18th. (7:33am to be exact! :))

Where-
Caribbean Beach Resort (trying something new...plus I LOVE tropical themes!)

How did this trip come to be, you ask? Well my dad is one of those people who comes up with great ideas to go do something and then backs out shortly after. At the very beginning of this year we saw one of those "Give a day, get a Disney day" commercials. My dad says "I would love to go back to Disney World, wouldn't you guys?" So I of course get super excited! Only a few days later to hear it was just an outloud thought and he just can't afford it and really isn't ready to go back so soon (went March 09). BUMMER. Well. In my little mind I began to think, well, I have a job now, and a pretty darn good paying one at that. Plus I filed for child support and was told I would be getting $519 a month which is wayyy more than I would really need right? I could save all that up for 6 months and it would be more than enough! So I get online and price things. Of course, here it is March and the beginning of my saving for 6 months idea. Am I receiving my child support? Bits and pieces, but not like its been ordered. Where will I get the money?! Take it out of my own paycheck thats how! I used my tax refund (after paying my parents back for an emergency surgery I had last year) and made our reservations, and paid all but $500 for the entire package. I decided if I can just take $200 each month and put it away I can have enough for food and souvenirs. Well, I didn't quite think that through. I now have to eat cereal just about every day just so I don't spend all our money on going out to eat and be broke! :lmao: Long story short (I know you are getting bored) its going to be a long-shot and we are going to have to do without from now until then, but this trip is a go no matter what we have to do!

My parents say I am crazy, my sister flat out says I am stupid. Taking a 2 yr old all the way to Florida all by yourself? So dangerous! I know the place like the back of my hand. Its a straight shot from NC to FL, so the driving isn't going to be too difficult, plus we have a GPS. My sister says that I will go crazy with no adults and no one to help. HELLO. Single mother here! Yes I live with my parents (can't afford to move out) but I know all about doing things by ourselves! So no one will bring me down gosh darn it!!:laughing:

ADRs
Due to lack of appropriate funds we are only doing 2 TS meals (no DDP since my daughter won't qualify anyways)

Chef Mickey's (for obvious reasons) on her actual birthday at 9:30am
Akershus (she loves to play princess) on the 20th at 10am.

Stay tuned!! :cheer2:

Sweet DD you have there! I'm sure she'll be thrilled to be there for her birthday. :goodvibes

So I have been shopping here and there and picking up odds and ends for the past month. Hoping to get every little thing I need now, and then for the remainder of the time just keep saving up money! Here are a few pics for ya! I know I love reports with pics :cool2:

My Vera Bradley Hipster...got in on sale for $15.77...retail $56 :banana:
HPIM1603.jpg

My Vacation Box...where I store all the little odds and ends for the time being!
HPIM1604.jpg

Open...
HPIM1605.jpg

Madison's Shirt to wear on her birthday :cheer2:
HPIM1606.jpg

My little diva...princess:
HPIM1602.jpg

Next post...pics from last years horrible trip!!

So these are way out of order...I have no idea when most of them were taken! haha But its nice to reminsce...even if the trip was a bust!! Madi did enjoy it:goodvibes

This is Madi and my 2 nieces Zanna (the little one) and Jayden
Zanna is 3 months older than Madi...but Madi is about twice her size!:rotfl:
HPIM1032.jpg

Cool kid
HPIM1030.jpg

It rained on our first day at AK
HPIM1040.jpg

Introducing...Jayden Elizabeth!
HPIM1042.jpg

And...Zanna Claire!
HPIM1041.jpg

My Most FAVORITE picture of the trip...had this one uploaded onto photopass and made into a mouse pad! :lovestruc
HPIM1035.jpg

I want to take this time to tell you guys a little story. It comes from the very bottom of my heart! My daughter's name is Madison Lou. Why Lou? Yes I know its a bit of a plain name, but it means so much to me. You see, back in Sept of 2006 a VERY dear friend of mine was murdered. Her name was Mercedes Lou. She hated her first name and most people didn't even know it, she wanted everyone to call her Lou. She was such a wonderful person, and is very much missed! She is the reason my daughter's middle name is Lou. :littleangel:

Our Resort
HPIM1122.jpg

Madi and her beloved BaBa
HPIM1124.jpg

Back of a bus! :rolleyes:
HPIM1125.jpg

Last but certainly not least....our rental truck...wow I wish I had one of these!
HPIM1120.jpg

Next up.....more pics from last trip....mostly MK! :yay:

So I need some input guys....what to do on arrival day?

We are leaving 9/16 around lunchtime and driving down. Its around a 10 hour trip but will prob take about 12-13 since its just us 2 and we will stop alot for potty breaks! :) We are going to try to make it to Jacksonville but if not we will just drive until it gets dark. Wake up on 9/17 and finish the way there...being at WDW prob about 1-2.

Assuming we can't check in until 3...what shall we do that evening? We will probably just leave our luggage in the car and hang out and just unpack later in the evening. I really want to go to Boutiki at the Poly sometime during our trip so if someone could make a plan including that, it would be great! Or maybe an ice cream dinner somewhere? Not sure so I would love your input guys!!

:woohoo: I just have to post, love that you started out with a shopping post! The first night, we stick to Downtown Disney or a dinner at a hotel.

I'm in!!! I can't wait to read more!!! Have you thought about staying at a value instead of CBR to save a little money? POP was very nice and their newly refurbished rooms are great. The only thing they were missing were 2 sinks which you would not need anyways and a fridge which I hear you can add for extra money each day. We just used the ice bucket and kept refilling it or you could bring a cooler and stock it with ice?

Just thought of that suggestion!

I'm in!!! I can't wait to read more!!! Have you thought about staying at a value instead of CBR to save a little money? POP was very nice and their newly refurbished rooms are great. The only thing they were missing were 2 sinks which you would not need anyways and a fridge which I hear you can add for extra money each day. We just used the ice bucket and kept refilling it or you could bring a cooler and stock it with ice?

Just thought of that suggestion!

Ugh, I know it would save money but I just can't do it! haha I have never stayed value, always moderate and I just don't want to change! Yes, I know I am silly and wasting money :rotfl: But I just can't do it! Plus I love how CBR has the water playground and other playgrounds, beaches, etc. because we will spending a good amount of time at the resort as well as the theme parks. But thank you for your suggestion and for reading! I was starting to get a little lonely :confused3

Ugh, I know it would save money but I just can't do it! haha I have never stayed value, always moderate and I just don't want to change! Yes, I know I am silly and wasting money :rotfl: But I just can't do it! Plus I love how CBR has the water playground and other playgrounds, beaches, etc. because we will spending a good amount of time at the resort as well as the theme parks. But thank you for your suggestion and for reading! I was starting to get a little lonely :confused3

No problem! I agree with you, my family have always been a moderate/deluxe type of family but I welcome Value resorts assuming there aren't 4 people in the tiny room.

Honestly, over CBR, I enjoy POP much better, smaller in size, food court is awesome, the pool is nice (aside from a slide). They have a kiddie water area and kiddie pool!

I just thought I would help you out! I was always anti-value until I stayed at POP a few years ago and fell in love with it!

No problem! I agree with you, my family have always been a moderate/deluxe type of family but I welcome Value resorts assuming there aren't 4 people in the tiny room.

Honestly, over CBR, I enjoy POP much better, smaller in size, food court is awesome, the pool is nice (aside from a slide). They have a kiddie water area and kiddie pool!

I just thought I would help you out! I was always anti-value until I stayed at POP a few years ago and fell in love with it!

If push comes to shove I MAY downgrade but thats only if I absolutely have to! lol So far I am getting by on cereal on days that I don't work so I am saving a bit of money! :rotfl2: I know, I'm crazy, but thats how much I am looking forward to WDW!! Ahhh its been only a year and it feels like en eternity!

I'm loving your PTR so far. Your daughter is adorable! Looks like we'll be passing each other on the highway on the 17th... we'll be driving up to Jacksonville that day.

I've only been to WDW 3 times so far (COUNTLESS times to Disneyland since I grew up in Cali). First time was off site and the past 2 times were at Pop. We LOVE it. But there is a chance we're going to go ahead and try a moderate (POFQ) this time. My fear is that we'll enjoy it so much we won't want to go back to a value, either. :rotfl:

Subbing! Just so you know, the link in your siggy doesn't work...you have http:// listed twice, so it doesn't take you there. I had to type in the URL by hand to find you. But since I did that, now you know I want to be here!

We'll be there at the end of your trip...we're getting in on the evening of the 25th. If you move on over to the dark side and stay at pop maybe we'll see each other! :rotfl:

I really understand making do for now so you can go back. We're getting annual passes and more than once I have told DH that even if money's tight we're going on all of our trips this year, since we NEVER do anything like that, we're always so cautious.

But oh my, don't eat cereal every day! We're like, the cheapest food people ever, I'll have to send some recipes your way. There are 4 of us (well, I don't know that the kids really count since the baby is pretty much still exclusively nursing and my 3 year old is the pickiest kid ever) and we get by on like $100 for our food budget every month. We make everything from scratch and shop mostly at Sam's club which is why we can eat for so cheap, but we love everything we eat and don't feel deprived at all. Plus, I'm really lazy so our recipes are really easy. I will have to make a list and send you some. Probably even CHEAPER than eating cereal and I would feel better knowing you're not eating cereal all day every day! :laughing:

Madi is so cute! Have you told her you're going to disney yet?

I'm sure you'll be fine at disney by yourself. Not a big deal at all, Disney is safe and you'll have lots of people to talk to. I spend my days talking to a 3 year old all day every day and I haven't gone crazy yet. :lmao:

Actually, I was thinking, how cheap are those meals when it's just you and your FREE DD? That's great!

We share a house with my mom (my dad died, so we moved in...I know that's not typical but she would be very lonely without us and we help her take care of my grandmother and do the upkeep on the house) so I know what that's like...it's hard sometimes but I think it's not as bad as people think!

Okay, I'm rambling, and DS wants to go bake some bread. Can't wait to read more!

Subbing! Just so you know, the link in your siggy doesn't work...you have http:// listed twice, so it doesn't take you there. I had to type in the URL by hand to find you. But since I did that, now you know I want to be here!

We'll be there at the end of your trip...we're getting in on the evening of the 25th. If you move on over to the dark side and stay at pop maybe we'll see each other! :rotfl:

I really understand making do for now so you can go back. We're getting annual passes and more than once I have told DH that even if money's tight we're going on all of our trips this year, since we NEVER do anything like that, we're always so cautious.

But oh my, don't eat cereal every day! We're like, the cheapest food people ever, I'll have to send some recipes your way. There are 4 of us (well, I don't know that the kids really count since the baby is pretty much still exclusively nursing and my 3 year old is the pickiest kid ever) and we get by on like $100 for our food budget every month. We make everything from scratch and shop mostly at Sam's club which is why we can eat for so cheap, but we love everything we eat and don't feel deprived at all. Plus, I'm really lazy so our recipes are really easy. I will have to make a list and send you some. Probably even CHEAPER than eating cereal and I would feel better knowing you're not eating cereal all day every day! :laughing:

Madi is so cute! Have you told her you're going to disney yet?

I'm sure you'll be fine at disney by yourself. Not a big deal at all, Disney is safe and you'll have lots of people to talk to. I spend my days talking to a 3 year old all day every day and I haven't gone crazy yet. :lmao:

Actually, I was thinking, how cheap are those meals when it's just you and your FREE DD? That's great!

We share a house with my mom (my dad died, so we moved in...I know that's not typical but she would be very lonely without us and we help her take care of my grandmother and do the upkeep on the house) so I know what that's like...it's hard sometimes but I think it's not as bad as people think!

Okay, I'm rambling, and DS wants to go bake some bread. Can't wait to read more!

I would LOVE some recipes! I am also too lazy to cook and my DD is SUPER picky. If its not boiled shrimp, french fries, chicken nuggets, or spaghetti she doesn't want it! haha

And thanks for the heads up on the link...I didn't realize! lol

Being short on money sucks...especially when I talked to the child support agency this morning and they are unable to "find" my daughter's daddy because he knows they are looking for him for not paying.:sad2: Guess that explains why he hasn't showed up to visitation the last 2 times...what a world. But I am picking up some extra hours (weekends...love that $2 shift differential :woohoo: ) so hopefully things will be looking up!!

hey!
your dd is cute!

I don't think that you are crazy one bit- i would go to disney with just my kid in a heartbeat. and its definetely worth sacrificing for. that said, i think you should be careful with your plan for the hotels. take some time and scope out one maybe an hour and one maybe two hours before your would reach jacksonville. that way, not only can you make sure you are in a safe area, you can be a bit more competitive with your rates. JMO ;)

we did the first day at Downtown Disney too. we were able to check in early, but not everyone was there at the same time so we held off on the parks until we had a full day. but my kids were really entertained there and they have some yummy cheap food options.

Subbing in!

Your DD is adorable, and I think it's wonderful that you are taking her. Don't listen to anyone else who thinks it's nuts, this is is quality YOU and DD time, and that is priceless.

Such a sweet (although sad) story about her name, also.
Can't wait for more :thumbsup2

Hello! :wave2: I am new to your PTR! We are taking our DD down to celebrate her 4th birthday--it is on September 14th and we leave on the 18th. :goodvibes:

You may luck out since you are planning for a trip that is typically during the dates free dining is offered. If you stay at CBR, you may be able to eat free for your stay! Madi can share your food--if you plan buffets they have a separate kid's section you can use too. :goodvibes: The deals should be release next week. If you decide to do a value, you would get the QSDP most likely. That would certainly help with money!

Somehow I forgot about free dining, that would completely help you out! (How did I forget? I'm going at the same time!)

I don't know if I can help you with your picky eater, since I'm completely lost with mine. But when I get a few minutes I'll definately send you a few fast easy recipes for you...I think I even have some ideas of things you can make with leftovers from what your DD will eat! I'll PM you with them, so I don't clog up your thread!

Thanks guys! I am sitting at work right now covering the front desk since the receptionist is busy with something else. 12 hour work days are long and boring! I will post some more pics when I get home! :)

I was upset to read that the wishes dessert party is only being booked until May 31st. I was hoping to do it on our trip. Then again, with a picky eater it may be a waste of time and money!! (Madi is so picky she doesnt even eat ice cream or chocolate!!)

Ah I have been totally slacking on this PTR!! Almost a month since my last post! Life has been crazy lately....in and out of a courtroom trying to get my ex to pay his child support!! :sad2:

But the good news is, I got a pin code a few weeks ago!! It was the 20/30/40 one and I saved over $400 on my package! So instead of owing $500, I now only owe $85. :banana:

I am getting more and more excited each day!! Everyone at work picks on me because I am constantly looking at DIS or other Disney related stuff! I am just so ready for our mommy/daughter trip!

Madi went for a speech therapy eval last week, and I was pretty happy with the results. Her pediatrician was concerned with her speech development. At age 12 months they were VERY concerned with her gross motor development because she still could not get into a sitting position, crawl, or pull up. Then at 14 she immediately starting doing everything!! So them being concerned with speech was no surprise to me. She was evaluated, and the therapist bragged on how smart Madi is! At 2 years 6 months she is at a 3 year 3 month comprehension level. My little smart girl!! She is at a 2 year 2 months level for her speech, which isn't very far behind. I opted out of therapy for right now, in the hopes just like with her motor skills she will catch up when she is ready!! :thumbsup2

Well, thats about all the update I have for now!! Hoping the MNSSHP tickets go on sale next week so I can go ahead and get them! Hopefully next week I will also have my trip paid in full!! I have already saved up $700 in spending/food money and its only April!! If I keep it up we should have plenty to spend at WDW :) :cool1:

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!!

PS- Heres a few pics from last years trip!

HPIM1053.jpg

Yes, Madi is dancing in her stroller at the Magic Kingdom!
HPIM1085.jpg

Knocked out!! She fell asleep in my arms in line for HM and slept through the whole thing!!

Sadly enough, thats pretty much all the pics I have from MK day, except a boatload of pics off of its a small world....hard to keep track of a toddler/push a stroller and have the camera ready all at the same time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter