Magic band upgrade FRUSTRATING

Do you actually need to wait until all the different magic bands are available all at once? Can't you just choose each person's magic band when it shows up online? Does it lock in your choices so that even if they are no longer available on a following day, you can still place your order and get the ones you've chosen on previous days?
You have to select them all at the same time, you can't reserve one and wait for another later. Hence why some of us are very frustrated.

I have been waiting for a Christmas one for our December trip, finally got one today! My husband just wanted his regular green band. Very happy I got my band.

I have been waiting for a Christmas one for our December trip, finally got one today! My husband just wanted his regular green band. Very happy I got my band.

I was too late on the Christmas band - it showed in my list of choices, but said it wasn't available when I clicked through. :guilty:

Do you actually need to wait until all the different magic bands are available all at once? Can't you just choose each person's magic band when it shows up online? Does it lock in your choices so that even if they are no longer available on a following day, you can still place your order and get the ones you've chosen on previous days?
If only it were that simple.

if you manage to get the MB you want into your cart, but someone else's isn't available... by the time the one they want is available your one is out of stock (even if it was in your cart)

you need to check out and pay to lock it in. all at once.

its a vicious cycle.

I managed to snag that awesome Jack and Sally MB for our trip in September. Fortunately there was another one there at the time that my older daughter liked...but if there hadn't been I still would have completed the order. :P Seriously though, if there is a magic band that someone in your party just HAS to have, you can always buy it online and just link it to your account. Sure you have to pay full price, but the difference isn't usually more than about 10-15$ anyways. Not really that bad if you are only buying one or two bands on line.

I ordered upgraded magic bands as soon as the offer opened. We ordered Dots and Bows and Baby Groot. The magic bands were held for us at the front desk of the Yacht Club until we arrived. Both bands had battery issues while we were at Disney for the week. This demonstrated most when restaurants were trying to scan them for our dining plan. They would frequently have to take one of the bands to read the numbers off the back. After a couple of times of this happening we took the bands to the front desk, they checked the battery and said the battery was very low. It made me wonder if this discounted offer on magic bands was Disney’s way of clearing out older stock of magic bands that had little life left in the battery.

well the rainbow mickey one finally came in stock but the teal band, xmas band and 2019 band are all oos lol

So I was able to stalk the Holiday Food and add it to my DD, but then when I logged in this morning, it's gone. What gives? :( She wanted the Pink treats so badly, and that's long gone. She finally agreed to this, and then I can't get it. This really is frustrating.

So I was able to stalk the Holiday Food and add it to my DD, but then when I logged in this morning, it's gone. What gives? :( She wanted the Pink treats so badly, and that's long gone. She finally agreed to this, and then I can't get it. This really is frustrating.

The bands don’t stay in your cart. If you find bands you want, you need to complete your order right then. That is what has been frustrating for many people, they find bands for some of their party, but not others. Most can’t find the preferred band for everyone at the same time. You need to have several options for everyone. Many posters find the one most desired & just get plain ones for everyone else.

I thought I did. Did I miss a step? It didn't give me an option to "check out" any further. Is that b/c I'm only ordering bands for part of our party? I didn't see a "decline bands" option. This is the first time ordering since the special bands were available.
The bands don’t stay in your cart. If you find bands you want, you need to complete your order right then. That is what has been frustrating for many people, they find bands for some of their party, but not others. Most can’t find the preferred band for everyone at the same time. You need to have several options for everyone. Many posters find the one most desired & just get plain ones for everyone else.

I thought I did. Did I miss a step? It didn't give me an option to "check out" any further. Is that b/c I'm only ordering bands for part of our party? I didn't see a "decline bands" option. This is the first time ordering since the special bands were available.
By check out, we mean you need to pay for the upgrade/s
You need to select any other bands available (plain or upgrade) to check out and pay for everyone at the same time
You can't just choose one then order everyone else later.

So they don't give you the option to decline anymore?? Ridiculous.
No I think you can (well, that's my understanding)
I just don't because we only get to go once very 4 years or so 😂

But once you decline you can't go back and order for those you declined

If you are really desperate for a specific magic band and willing to spend some cash
You can order it from the Disney store website and link it to your WDW reservation.

I paid $20 each on the My Disney Experience website to get us matching teal colored Magic Castle bands, instead of the standard upgraded $10 ones. The extra $20 was worth it to get a compromise of DH wanting a bluish color and DW wanting a pattern :)

https://www.shopdisney.com/search?q=magic+bands&lang=defaultPattern MB cost $25

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter