Magic Bands and FP+

I have been able to load all my dining reservations into the app but whilst my resort reservation can be found - it has the wrong arrival date and when I add the guest names it says the records do not match.

I asked a CM and to be honest they have not got a clue - but I made my feelings clear that if our experience is at a disadvantage due to the app not working correctly I would not consider this to be fair.

Am hoping it is still in trial stages next month and will not affect our planning or trip.

I have the option in the app to customise my magic bands but when I try to do it I always get the following error "The data supply has been interrupted. Please check the connection and try again". There is nothing wrong with the connection and today is the last day we can customise so I guess we are stuck with grey.

I had a look at the FP+ too but it will allow me to book FP+ for me and DS2 but not for DH or DS1 so I'm hoping this doesn't mean they have linked half of our party's bands to FP+ and the other half not. I'd rather none of us were linked because with our youngest DS being just 3 we really don't want to feel that we have to do this or that because we have FP and we won't be able to get another. We are going late August when the parks tend to be quieter so we should be able to make good use of the normal FP system.

I have a Blackberry and Disney have not made the app available on that either as they deem that it's not a widely used device .......... errrr have they been in the UK recently !!!!!

So it will mean i will have to buy a device that i don't want/need in order to get a fastpass by using an app or queue up at a machine to decide how my day will go dependent on what fastpasses i can get once the familys in front of me have decided their day -instead of just picking up a fastpass as and when i want or need it, its a shame as it wont be a holiday where you just wake up and say lets just get on the first bus that comes along and let the rest of the day just flow any more - i don't mind doing the dining in advance but thats about as much of a planner that i am, guess i will see how it goes when they fully roll it out but i am sad.

I have the option in the app to customise my magic bands but when I try to do it I always get the following error "The data supply has been interrupted. Please check the connection and try again". There is nothing wrong with the connection and today is the last day we can customise so I guess we are stuck with grey.

Use the website if you have access. It works much better than the app for customizing your bands! Don't get stuck with gray!

So it will mean i will have to buy a device that i don't want/need in order to get a fastpass by using an app or queue up at a machine to decide how my day will go dependent on what fastpasses i can get once the familys in front of me have decided their day -instead of just picking up a fastpass as and when i want or need it, its a shame as it wont be a holiday where you just wake up and say lets just get on the first bus that comes along and let the rest of the day just flow any more - i don't mind doing the dining in advance but thats about as much of a planner that i am, guess i will see how it goes when they fully roll it out but i am sad.

You can do it on the website before you leave home, no need for the app.

I've been reading a very long thread on theme park board about the FP+ (don't know if it's the one you're referring to Lee) but honestly the more I'm reading the more I'm being put off going ......I know impossible I hear you say :( Whilst we're not FP hoarders just the thought of not being able to decide at the bus stop which park we're going to, having to use a phone to obtain additional FP+, only being able to get 3 or 4 FP+ per day, not being able to get them in multiple parks, not being able to get them all on headline rides ..... the list is endless and it all just fills me with dread.

As much as it kills me to say it I'm actually quite happy we're not going till Oct 2014 as this give us the chance to read lots about other DISers experiences using the system so hopefully when the time rolls round for us to make our FP+ choices we've got more of an idea of how to "work" the system and if push comes to shove and we're really not happy about how things are working we've only paid a deposit so I guess we have the choice to cancel and go somewhere else :sad::sad::sad::sad:

and you're only permitted 3 FPs per day and only in one park...
i've been known to use far more than 3 in a day..
and from what i understand, the 3 is for everything, not just rides...
after looking at the app and reading that thread (the one i think both you and Lee are referring to) i decided it's way too much work...and it's way too much planning..
there is no way i know where we're going to be..
sure i make ADRs in advance, but i often change them once i'm there...
and when i'm only going to be there for 5 days, i really don't know what i'm going to be doing at any given time of the day..
there is no way i can micromanage our visit to this extent..

we like to go with the flow....sit back...relax...enjoy ourselves..

this is way too much like work...

Thank you, I don't know if my tickets will already be linked on my app because I booked it all through Disney directly to get free dining. Doesn't appear to show my tickets but I'm confused!

the way i found out my tickets weren't linked - i actually went into the FP+ part of the app and clicked on a day in the calendar....the message that came up - "you have to have a park ticket linked" - or something to that effect..
and given that i bought the 14 day ultimate tickets separate from my dining package (paid dining, not free dining), it makes sense that they wouldn't have it in the system....
although i'm surprised they don't have my AP listed in the system, since i had to register my AP a long time ago to gain access to the AP section of the disney website...
(i have an AP and every one else has an ultimate)..

The US website (if you are lucky enough to get on there!) allows you to put your US reservation number in (the long numerical reference which you request from them) and pulls up your resort reservation. Although it displays it as a MYW package, with the UK tickets it always shows "No tickets" and I presume it's simply that the system doesn't recognize our UK type tickets. It's done this since I first started using it some years back and I think once this rolls out properly they will have all sites automatically link whatever type tickets you have, to your reservation.

It seems like a big part of the problem with all this confusion is that Disney has allowed this My Magic + to show up publicly on people's reservations, when in fact it is still very much a limited testing phase.

Beth, it is likely to be the same thread we are referring to but there are several and all run into the thousands in terms of posts :rotfl2: but they are all saying pretty much the same as the regular posters and the DISers on there monitoring the position are posting on multiple, if not all, related threads

The US website (if you are lucky enough to get on there!) allows you to put your US reservation number in (the long numerical reference which you request from them) and pulls up your resort reservation. Although it displays it as a MYW package, with the UK tickets it always shows "No tickets" and I presume it's simply that the system doesn't recognize our UK type tickets. It's done this since I first started using it some years back and I think once this rolls out properly they will have all sites automatically link whatever type tickets you have, to your reservation.

It seems like a big part of the problem with all this confusion is that Disney has allowed this My Magic + to show up publicly on people's reservations, when in fact it is still very much a limited testing phase.

Beth, it is likely to be the same thread we are referring to but there are several and all run into the thousands in terms of posts :rotfl2: but they are all saying pretty much the same as the regular posters and the DISers on there monitoring the position are posting on multiple, if not all, related threads

i'm part of the test - i called disney IT to get them to stop the shipment and she saw that we're part of the test....both of our reservations (both before and after the cruise)..

i'm not going to do it though...

i'm too afraid of linking my tickets...
since they're UK tickets i'm worried they're going to mess it up..

so i'll pass on the opportunity this time around..

I also wonder if Disney have thought about non-US guest at all. Given that we have to fight to get the correct reservation number that the app recognises, fight to get on the app and/or website I really feel like we may end up even more like 2nd class visitors even though per head we spread more money than most US visitors due to our flight costs

I also wonder if Disney have thought about non-US guest at all. Given that we have to fight to get the correct reservation number that the app recognises, fight to get on the app and/or website I really feel like we may end up even more like 2nd class visitors even though per head we spread more money than most US visitors due to our flight costs

yes - the flights....argggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

it costs sooooooooooooooooooooooo much money!!!!!! :eek:

i don't think the american disers can possible fathom how much we have to pay for these holidays...

not to mention the travel time that it takes to get there and back (eating up precious holiday time)..

i'm totally jealous of how they can just pop over to disney for a weekend!!!!

Use the website if you have access. It works much better than the app for customizing your bands! Don't get stuck with gray!

Thankyou potaotes and minniesgal. I had assumed it wasn't available on the website as I had tried to find my disney experience before and been unsuccessful. I googled it from my phone though and I managed to get on and get the magic bands customised. I think there is a problem in that the website thinks that the two people on my reservation are not the same two people who are in my party which is why I can get FP+ for 2 of us but not the other 2. If we don't select any FP+ we won't be forced to use FP+ over normal FP will we? :confused:

Cool I just got through with customizing ours although if we have one then I just know I'm going to end buying a different one from WoD LOL

We didn't link our tickets more so for the flexibility. Although I was sure I had read somewhere that even whilst using the FP+ for 3 things as long as you were outside the usual 2 hour window you could then get other fastpasses in the usual way?

I understand the limit to the 3 FP+ through MDE but I'm so confused because why would Disney only allow guests just 3 all day - surely they understand you could leave the park - why don't they allow us to get normal FPs after we have used are reserved FP+?

Cool I just got through with customizing ours although if we have one then I just know I'm going to end buying a different one from WoD LOL

We didn't link our tickets more so for the flexibility. Although I was sure I had read somewhere that even whilst using the FP+ for 3 things as long as you were outside the usual 2 hour window you could then get other fastpasses in the usual way?

I understand the limit to the 3 FP+ through MDE but I'm so confused because why would Disney only allow guests just 3 all day - surely they understand you could leave the park - why don't they allow us to get normal FPs after we have used are reserved FP+?

Just think of the massive number of fast pass plus that will be booked in advance once this is fully rolled out. That is why they have added attractions to FP that just don't need them and high capacity events like parades to the selection for FP plus. So there are enough to go round. There simply will not be enough capacity for them to do it any other way.

if you use FP+, you can't use the regular FP machines
it's either/or...not both...

Just think of the massive number of fast pass plus that will be booked in advance once this is fully rolled out. That is why they have added attractions to FP that just don't need them and high capacity events like parades to the selection for FP plus. So there are enough to go round. There simply will not be enough capacity for them to do it any other way.

This!! ^^^ ::yes::

It's quite astonishing but then not surprising just how many folk have no idea (a) that the FP system is for all guests, (b) that it is FREE and (c) how to use it. There are even those who spend days in the parks and have no idea that it exists!

Part of Disney's marketing of deals and offers now, including that done through travel agents, is going to focus heavily on MM+ including the FP system. So whereas only a percentage of folk used it it all, now with the pre-book hype, the system is going to come under enormous strain and availability is goiing to be significantly reduces as I predict this will evolve into a general perception especially with those who were/would under the present system, be ignorant of FP and it's benefits, that you actually can't do Disney parks without utilizing FP+.

if you use FP+, you can't use the regular FP machines
it's either/or...not both...

Which makes no sense right?

"Right then I've done my 3 FP+ I could stay in the park and spend more money but you know what? Given that I cannot get on a ride with anymore original FP's well hang it we may as well just go to the pool and have supper off-site somewhere!"

That's my prediction LOL

Ok being thick but where can i see fb plus and the bands bit on the app?

I suspect, ultimately, that FastPasses will become exclusive to on-site guests (like universal) - with less FastPasses issued ultimately the stand-by queues will be shorter (it's a bit like being in a traffic jam at a roundabout and people shooting up on the right to either loop it or push in - that is why the jam is so bad)

FastPasses make the wait longer in the regular queue - in respect to FP+ I am very much in the 'I don't like this camp' it annoys me that it seems to have such a poor execution and roll out, that the app to support it is highly flawed. However, as someone who hated the idea of the DDP and ADRs I find this second nature now - as we go next month during the trial period I am hoping that this will not affect us - but no doubt we will adapt to this when fully operational and with problems ironed out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter