Magic Bands Upgrade

Frustrating....

Ariel is what we keep trying for, but even when it pops up - sometimes it will go in the cart, but the order won't go through or sometimes it won't go in the cart. Today it's shown up three times...

Can only imagine what someone with four or five family members is going through. We had a number of older bands order that me and my wife can use if we wanted to, so we are fine with the basics. But my daughter and granddaughter only have one shot.

Last edited:
Dunno if it'll be consistent by the time you guys see this, but the Stitch band and both Villains bands are showing up as of right now!

This has probably been asked, sorry in advance, anyone know how this works with international guests with the selection changing all the time? Do they just ship our bands to the resort at the time of order or should we just stick to the plain bands that don’t sell out?

This has probably been asked, sorry in advance, anyone know how this works with international guests with the selection changing all the time? Do they just ship our bands to the resort at the time of order or should we just stick to the plain bands that don’t sell out?

After my order, I got the confirmation emails saying they will be waiting at our resort for us, so I guess we'll find out in October!

Last edited:

View attachment 424247
Dunno if it'll be consistent by the time you guys see this, but the Stitch band and both Villains bands are showing up as of right now!
I appreciate your effort! Of course stitch was gone by the time I saw this. I’m currently able to add the haunted mansion one which I wanted for myself so it’s a real bummer I missed it! Still have a couple months so I’m still playing the waiting game.

Has anyone seen either of the stitch bands available recently? Been trying for those since this started without success. Haven’t seen either one now for a while.

I've been trying 2 months hardly to get this one, and no success. Today I also saw it appear again but no lucky adding to cart.

We have more 26 days, will keep trying. On shopdisney.com the Stitch band os sold out since long ago.

I was able to order our upgraded magic bands a few weeks ago and paid for them. Yesterday I received an email stating that due to popularity our bands will be delayed. We arrive in 3 weeks. Has anyone else had this happen?

Early this morning while having coffee, I decided to take a look at the magic bands being offered. To my surprise they had a BB-8 magic band! Unfortunately, upon trying to check out, they said it was out of stock. The most frustrating thing is that they continue to leave it up, giving people false hope.

Last edited:
Been trying to order the specialty bands for MONTHS NOW for a family of five, all with multiple preferences. This is way beyond frustrating, for me, this is now a vendetta campaign. The discounted bands should never have been offered IMO without sufficient and sustainable inventory. Disney knew this would be popular with guests. We are a family of adults but I wonder how many children Disney is going to disappoint when little ones cannot have their band of choice? I realize that this is a small part of a magical vacation but it still chaps my hide. Thank you, vent is over.
🔥🔥🔥

EDIT: Well thank all of the Disney gods...my rant was heard! I was able to FINALLY get all 5 bands although it took two separate attempts and not necessarily everyone's first choices. We have Olaf, SWGE, Mickey, Stitch and Haunted Mansion wallpaper. Two out of the five are showing the white circles on MDE so hopefully the correct ones will be shipped. VICTORY IS MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:tink:

Last edited:
I just ordered the magic castle and jack and sally bands for DH and I. The castle one was available earlier today but DH was deciding between 2, and when he did make the decision, I went to confirm but the castle was OOS. I just left the page open without refreshing so that the OOS castle band was showing still (even tho it wasn't available). I just periodically clicked on it...which resulted in the 'This band is currently out of stock' pop up. But I just tried again 20 min ago randomly and it went through! Went through with the payment page and got the 'Congrats, your magic bands are currently being processed' page. Just waiting on the e-mail confirmation. Fingers crossed it all goes through ok!!

Today I tried several times to order the Minnie Bow and Polka Dot and I am Mickey bands. I put them in the cart, went to pay and it kept spinning. I then got a message that my credit card # wasn't valid (strange because it is the same stored Disney Visa that I always use). I put another CC in and it went through. Anyone else had the issue with the CC?

Early this morning while having coffee, I decided to take a look at the magic bands being offered. To my surprise they had a BB-8 magic band! Unfortunately, upon trying to check out, they said it was out of stock. The most frustrating thing is that they continue to leave it up, giving people false hope.
While I didn't get the BB-8 one I wanted, I finally snagged the new Haunted Mansion magic band (the black & purple one that looks like the wallpaper). Yay me!

I've been trying 2 months hardly to get this one, and no success. Today I also saw it appear again but no lucky adding to cart.

We have more 26 days, will keep trying. On shopdisney.com the Stitch band os sold out since long ago.
I was able to grab 1 of the 2 stitch bands a little while ago! Both were there but I was only able to get 1 into my cart. It was my second choice but we have a split stay so I can keep trying and now I have at least 1 to give my daughter for her bday!

Edited to say I got the info I was looking for. Still happy I got my haunted mansion band.

Last edited:
I was able to grab 1 of the 2 stitch bands a little while ago! Both were there but I was only able to get 1 into my cart. It was my second choice but we have a split stay so I can keep trying and now I have at least 1 to give my daughter for her bday!

Luckly I also got the other Stitch band! This novel is over!

There are 61 designs featured today - I just ordered a Haunted Mansion wallpaper. First time I haven't received an error in 2 weeks.

Just ordered the Stitch (Sketch) band and the Lady and the Tramp band with no errors on first attempt. This is after about a month of trials so it seems sunday morning is the sweet spot.

There are 61 designs featured today - I just ordered a Haunted Mansion wallpaper. First time I haven't received an error in 2 weeks.
Just ordered the Stitch (Sketch) band and the Lady and the Tramp band with no errors on first attempt. This is after about a month of trials so it seems sunday morning is the sweet spot.
It's the sweet spot for MOST bands actually. I woke up in the middle of the night last night and for the heck of it checked the bands. At 3:57am it was your typical 'meh' roster. 3:58 I refreshed and got the 61 choices. The castle band was able to be chosen. I rushed to checkout. I go to place my order, but lo and behold before it even hit 3:59 the band was no longer available. Not even my 2nd or 3rd choices were available (birthday band and sorcerer Mickey). I was half asleep and ready to rage. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter