• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Bands Upgrade

Try a different browser or going into incognito mode
Since last week, I have tried 4 different browsers on Macs and Windows computers, android phone, iphone and iPad, incognito mode etc. but as soon as I clicked on Edit Order, the little dwarves would come up saying Something Went Wrong. I couldn't even see what themed bands are available.

I called the Disney IT Service Desk because there had been a countdown previously saying we had so many days left to order. Then it went to 0 days when we were at 30 days before our trip. The Service Desk told me that the countdown doesn't mean anything and that we have until 11 days before our visit to order.

It is currently 22 days before our trip. We are in Canada so our MagicBands get delivered to our resort. Now the Message after I hit Edit Order is

Your MagicBand Order Is in the Works! (picture of dwarves)

We are now processing your MagicBand order. Once your order is processed, you will see an image of the MagicBand you have chosen. Please come back later to view your MagicBand selection. Thank you for your patience.

So I guess we CAN NOT make any changes.

So warning to Canadians - you do NOT have until 11 days before you trip to make a selection.

Since last week, I have tried 4 different browsers on Macs and Windows computers, android phone, iphone and iPad, incognito mode etc. but as soon as I clicked on Edit Order, the little dwarves would come up saying Something Went Wrong. I couldn't even see what themed bands are available.

I called the Disney IT Service Desk because there had been a countdown previously saying we had so many days left to order. Then it went to 0 days when we were at 30 days before our trip. The Service Desk told me that the countdown doesn't mean anything and that we have until 11 days before our visit to order.

It is currently 22 days before our trip. We are in Canada so our MagicBands get delivered to our resort. Now the Message after I hit Edit Order is

Your MagicBand Order Is in the Works! (picture of dwarves)

We are now processing your MagicBand order. Once your order is processed, you will see an image of the MagicBand you have chosen. Please come back later to view your MagicBand selection. Thank you for your patience.

So I guess we CAN NOT make any changes.

So warning to Canadians - you do NOT have until 11 days before you trip to make a selection.
That stinks.
Yea, I saw the same thing in all browsers and devices until I went into incognito mode. That did the trick for me.

So because of my re-booking, I have an opportunity to get two new upgrades. However most of them don't speak to me (I already got the Flynn Rider band I wanted). So I may go with a gray complimentary band instead.

But if I do that I'm going to go to magicyourband and customize a decal to go on that band. I plan on using Rapunzel in her "Hurt Incantation" form.

Anybody had any luck getting Star Wars or Marvel bands? I’ve been trying for about three weeks now on a reservation for January 19 and they’re either not available or the rare times when they are when I try to add them it says magic band you selected is sold out.

Anybody had any luck getting Star Wars or Marvel bands? I’ve been trying for about three weeks now on a reservation for January 19 and they’re either not available or the rare times when they are when I try to add them it says magic band you selected is sold out.

I tried for the Darth Vader, BB-8, Thanos, and Groot bands for about 6 weeks, several times a day. It was an obsession 😆. They showed up all the time on the site but I could never make it all the way through to the final purchase page. I finally ran out of time before my September trip and snagged a Donald Duck band the day I was going to just settle with a solid color band. I hope you have better luck!

I tried for the Darth Vader, BB-8, Thanos, and Groot bands for about 6 weeks, several times a day. It was an obsession 😆. They showed up all the time on the site but I could never make it all the way through to the final purchase page. I finally ran out of time before my September trip and snagged a Donald Duck band the day I was going to just settle with a solid color band. I hope you have better luck!

This has been me the past 3 weeks except also Captain America. I like that Donald Duck one though that’s one of my fall back positions lol.

Serious question - how does this happen? I mean it’s Disney. Besides the fact that their website and/or inventory is out of whack weeks later - how have they not offered an alternative solution yet? ie $14.95 coupon code for Shop Disney only good on purchase of a magic band.

I generally don't have the patience or time to sit around hitting a refresh button all day, only to be met with out of stock messages literally 10 seconds after a magic band pops up after waiting hours/days. I did have a little time today and yesterday (and I guess I forced myself to have some patience) to attempt this and what I got was exactly what I said in my first sentence. How can something go out of stock that quickly? How is it back in stock 3-4 more times that same day only to be out again in 10 seconds. Do they have Geppetto hand-crafting these bands, one at a time in a dark warehouse somewhere with wooden tools?

The new gray Galaxy’s Edge band is available as an option this morning. I was able to check out with 2. They are priced at $29.99 (so not discounted). Also available is the Halloween Mickey.

Last edited:
The new gray Galaxy’s Edge band is available as an option this morning. I was able to check out with 2. They are priced at $29.99. Also available is the Halloween Mickey.
It also says regular price $29.99 as regular price for the galaxy’s edge band. I don’t think you received the $15 discount for each that you should have.

It also says regular price $29.99 as regular price for the galaxy’s edge band. I don’t think you received the $15 discount for each that you should have.
No, they are not discounted. I was just surprised to see them on there.

Darth Vader is now available. At least I see it...YMMV

I bought 4 of the Galaxy’s edge MB this am for $30 each (I know I’m an idiot for that, but it was the reason for our trip and I hadn’t been seeing any others we wanted that I could all get at the same time). Anyway, I just got an email from shopdisneyparks that it was a pricing error, and I’ll be getting a $60 refund. So they should have been $15 also. Yay! I’m also thinking that might have been how I was able to snag them- not as many were willing to pay full price so they didn’t sell out as fast.

Edited for typo

Last edited:
I bought 4 of the Galaxy’s edge MB this am for $30 each (I know I’m an idiot for that, but it was the reason for our trip and I hadn’t been seeing any others we wanted that I could all get at the same time). Anyway, I just got an email from shopdisneyparks that it was a pricing error, and I’ll be getting a $60 refund. So they should have been $15 also. Yay! I’m also thinking that might have been how I was able to snag them- not as many were willing to pay full price so they didn’t sell out as fast.

Edited for typo
For realz?

Even though my trip's still a ways away, I've only got one upgraded band to worry about, so I keep checking in case the coveted one appears finally. So far, no dice.

For curiosity's sake, I checked ebay to see what the price was going for the band I want (the castle one), knowing better than to consider ordering from there since they jack up the price so much. Look at this:

View attachment 421604

View attachment 421605

:scared::scared::scared:

What gets me is that 4 other people actually PAID this amount?? I mean I know it's a beautiful band but for that price you can literally STAY at Pop for a night in January. I think I'm a bit more comfortable checking the magicband roster every day for our $10/15 options instead, tyvm :lmao:

I just checked and the castle magic band is available right now! I hope this helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter