Magic Bands Upgrade

All those bands and I still have none. I tried I don’t know how many combinations for the three of us to no avail. I’ve all but given up.
That's what bothers me. I was literally online the SECOND it changed over to all 61, but even moving at lightning speed the system said no. I'm talking 20 seconds tops because I already had my card info on file. Still it said no. To all 3 of my alternatives too (I even tried the haunted mansion one which I didn't mention beforehand). I just don't get it.

Same here when they do have picture of them you chose and there is only 2 of us that need them for Oct. you click to complete and Out of stock??? Who actually has gotten any please let me know. I have tried early, mid day, late no luck!

61? I see only 16. 8 of those were the original solid color ones, so only 8 are actual designs/themes.
There were 61 early this morning, only for a very short time. How many of them were legitimately able to be chosen I'm not sure (certainly not all of them, I can vouch for that lol). There are currently 14 to choose from now. I'm almost willing to stay up tonight to see if I can catch it again, just so I can say I didn't let this 'system' get the best of me :badpc: :rotfl2:

This is so frustrating. I have been trying to get 4 bands since the release and no combination works ever! I check multiple times a day, daily. I'm running out of time. I can't believe Disney can't do a better job of making their website and process work.

Finally!
A version of the Stitch Magic Band came up that would go through. Got a Galaxy's edge one for myself...wife wanted plain orange. Went through, got a confirmation that matches what I order. Now we wait.
They should show up while I'm out of town for work, so that'll be a nice surprise for them to get.

I ordered the GE MBs last Monday, got the email that they were shipping on Friday the 9th, and they apparently didn’t actually ship until today, the 12th. Tracking says they will arrive Thursday the 15th, and we leave the 16th early. Cutting it a bit close IMO! I would have been fine getting them at the resort! I will be annoyed if they get delayed and we don’t have the GE MBs we paid for for our trip to the GE AP previews.

ETA date typo

Last edited:
Honestly - there is no reason they cant accept orders for any magic band they currently sell, whether its in the upgrade inventory or not! We were never able to get the bands we wanted - male and female villians!! Very very frustrating and disappointing, especially after SO SO SO SO SO much time spent trying.

AVOIDING all of this - as WDW does not have a solid mechanism for showing what is available, LOCKING the purchase for "x minutes", and delivering.

WDW has been able to do just this, for YEARS, with Restaurant Reservations. They have existing technology. They have chosen to not use it.

Willing to PAY - these upgrades are currently a myth.
Restaurants can overbook. Disney wants to ship the entire order without back orders. Real question is why Disney doesn't inventory more and have a better process for rapid replenishment.

Honestly - there is no reason they cant accept orders for any magic band they currently sell, whether its in the upgrade inventory or not! We were never able to get the bands we wanted - male and female villians!! Very very frustrating and disappointing, especially after SO SO SO SO SO much time spent trying.
Of course they could. Limiting us to a relatively small number of designated bands is more profitable. Fewer items to produce and stock. The choices we're given is enough to motivate some of us to pay for different bands but not enough to stop the real fans from buying retail. Win Win for Disney but very frustrating to us.

Win Win for Disney but very frustrating to us.
Just don't do this to yourself and family. If possible, don't even mention this to your kids and take the plain colour bands. I've been following this thread, and the frustration of DIS'rs trying upteen times to hand over an extra $10 plus to WDW, and this is not worth your time and frustration. Whether Disney couldn't be bothered to invest in the tech to make this promo work, or is intentionally stoking demand for the bands, it doesn't matter. Ignore it and enjoy your vacation. As an international guest who has never had bands mailed to my home address, and always had to wait in line to check in and ask repeatedly for my band, don't sweat the small stuff and focus on what's important. Your time with your family, friends, or you own vacation time. Just enjoy the parks and let the rest slide.

Just don't do this to yourself and family. If possible, don't even mention this to your kids and take the plain colour bands. I've been following this thread, and the frustration of DIS'rs trying upteen times to hand over an extra $10 plus to WDW, and this is not worth your time and frustration. Whether Disney couldn't be bothered to invest in the tech to make this promo work, or is intentionally stoking demand for the bands, it doesn't matter. Ignore it and enjoy your vacation. As an international guest who has never had bands mailed to my home address, and always had to wait in line to check in and ask repeatedly for my band, don't sweat the small stuff and focus on what's important. Your time with your family, friends, or you own vacation time. Just enjoy the parks and let the rest slide.
At this point I'm kinda getting into this mentality. By default everyday I wake up and immediately check for bands. If I forget to check after a while, I instantly tend to feel horrible because I wonder if I missed my chance at getting my band of choice. If I were to just give up and pick a random option or color, then I'd always wonder if i should've waited longer to see if the system works itself out. My brain kinda has a Catch-22 situation right now and I despise it lol

At this point I'm kinda getting into this mentality. By default everyday I wake up and immediately check for bands. If I forget to check after a while, I instantly tend to feel horrible because I wonder if I missed my chance at getting my band of choice. If I were to just give up and pick a random option or color, then I'd always wonder if i should've waited longer to see if the system works itself out. My brain kinda has a Catch-22 situation right now and I despise it lol
I don’t feel horrible, just frustrated. But it certainly won’t stop me from having a great vacation. I’ve got 8 days to still get the bands. If I don’t, we’ll get color bands and that will be that.

I got me GE band today. Dark printing on a grey band. Not worth it.
We got ours also. I agree they are certainly not what I would call pretty- but I guess they might not be going for that on a SW band. I still think they could have come up with something better that still fits with the theme. I like them to commemorate our short trip for the preview, but otherwise it would never be one I would choose. Just the fact that it’s grey would be reason enough for me to pass.

I think Disney also needs to change the system so you can order the bands individually even if there is a group in the same room. Trying to manage the inventory process with more than one person is just crazy. I have a couple of solo trips coming up and an annual pass and was able--checking several times like everyone--to order ONE band for myself for each of those trips/AP. I just don't see how five of us are every going to be able to all get the upgraded bands at the same time given the current issues. (In my case I will just choose a plain one since i already have other upgraded ones so that "maybe" my friends will be better able to get their choices.)

Another thing that Disney could do is to limit the number of guests trying to get bands. Only allow people within 60 days of their trip to order them. This would make it far less competitive. Right now, people who are over a year out are getting Magic Bands, but those of use with just 8 days left still can’t get them.

Was going to upgrade until a prop 65 warning was attached to the band I chose. I thought it was horribly irresponsible to have a child centered item that poses a known health hazard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter