• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Carpets of Aladdin 20th Anniversary Celebration

Mit88

DIS Veteran
This phenomenal attraction turns 20 on May 24th. Was wondering, has there been any news on any special Merch, or festivities to go along with the celebration? I know MK is booked up that day because of the anniversary and everyone wanting to pay their respects to the attraction. But I feel like it would be a big missed opportunity to not take advantage of the milestone anniversary with some extra magic

This phenomenal attraction turns 20 on May 24th. Was wondering, has there been any news on any special Merch, or festivities to go along with the celebration? I know MK is booked up that day because of the anniversary and everyone wanting to pay their respects to the attraction. But I feel like it would be a big missed opportunity to not take advantage of the milestone anniversary with some extra magic
Omg! I’ll be there then, but we all know that’s an E-ticket ride now so doubt I’ll get to ride 🤣.

Do we think they will do a special ceremony at opening? Maybe the animatronics from the newer Adventureland attractions like Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room v3.0 can join in along with a Jungle Cruise skipper. Or maybe the Rock himself since he has an Adventureland movie coming out!

And that the best version of it is at DAK! TriceraTopSpin turns 20 on November 1st and I’ve read that hotels are REALLY hard to come by that week
Disney must have got a deal from the manufacturer for that many of the same ride.

Dumbo has 2 of the same ride.

Oh, please. They added a twin because it’s so darned popular. It’s not a separate ride. Ever taken a kid on Dumbo? We’d ride it multiple times a day when my kids were babies/toddlers. Looks on their faces were priceless. And CoA? Yep. Same thing. Ear to ear grins for my kids.

Star Jets/Astro Orbiter has been around for 45+ years now. They’re a huge part of the atmosphere and magic of Tomorrowland. Would be a shame if that wasn’t there.

There are dozens of attractions at MK. They can have 3 spinners.

Well, anyway ... happy birthday tomorrow, CoA!

Last edited:
This and Lion King are my favs. Can we get a better ride for this movie? It looks like the live action might get a sequel too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter