Magic Key Program

Skyegirl1999

DIS Veteran
Updated 8/25 - The Magic Key Program is replacing the previous AP system. Some details:

Here are the four tiers:
4CC624F5-20D0-4E49-BA6F-A7213C79FD93.jpeg

Here is a link to the Disney Blog Post with an overview of the new system: Disney Parks Blog Magic Key Information

Here is the link to the official Disneyland website info. You can view blockout calendars here, by clicking "Read More" beneath each of the keys and then clicking on the access calendar: Disneyland Magic Key Information

Some things we know:
- Passes go on sale on 8/25 at 10am PST, and you can make reservations for that same day.
- You can upgrade previously purchased tickets, but this does not include the 3-day CA resident tickets or OBB Special Event tickets. If you upgrade a multi-day ticket, your pass's "start date" will be backdated to the first day you used that ticket.
- There are a limited number of each pass type available (but no idea what that limit is). *They're saying there's no rush.
- The pass is "activated" the first time you use it to enter the park (or use it for parking on the Dream pass).
- The pass is digital - if you want a "paper" (cardstock) pass, you have to get it in person and it appears there is a $20 charge.
- If you "no-show" on your reservation three times in a 90-day period, you'll be blocked from making new reservations for 30 days. To avoid a "no-show," you can cancel up until 11:59pm the day before a reservation, or you need to enter either park anytime before closing on your reservation day.
- There ARE different reservation "buckets" for keyholders vs. regular ticketed gusts.
- You can book "both parks" or just one or the other, the way the Flex worked. If you book "both parks," you can hop after 1.
- The booking window is 90 days for Keyholders.

Last edited:
I’m so curious what this will actually be! The new pass holder/membership/whatever program will be announced tomorrow.

The email states:
“As one of our biggest fans, we wanted to make sure you were the first to know about this NEW offering. We are thrilled about this coming announcement and we encourage you to stay tuned because all the details will be revealed tomorrow no earlier than 1 p.m. PST!”
I just saw this email and of course immediately came here!!!!! I am so nervous, for real!

Excited also. I noticed that the Legacy program seems to end on Aug 15 for everything on MDE for me so I figured something was going to be happening soon.

So, who’s ready to be a Magic Keyholder?

Glad they’re announcing it. Very curious what it’ll be. Not to be pessimistic, but I can’t imagine how it’s going to be anything other than a not-as-good AP program. Fingers crossed that’s not the case.

I wonder if it’ll be available for purchase tomorrow as well.

Waiting anxiously.

I mean, they’ve announced that reservations are here to stay, so that’s a given.

Other than that, I really have no preconceived ideas about what they’re offering.

I am curious if the 3-day resident tickets we bought (and used one day of) are about to become superfluous. When they announced those running through Sept. 30, I figured whatever they offered wouldn’t take effect until after that. Which could still be the case. But with the Legacy discount ending August 15 rather than the end of the month, it seems like maybe it’s going to be implemented sooner… questions, questions. Glad we’ll have some answers tomorrow.

I'm SUPER nervous. But glad I didn't buy any CA resident tickets. This better be good. I'm ready!

Curious re-cycle of both the name and imagery of a former program from years (decades) ago ...

When I was a teen, my Mom belonged to some special Disney club through which she was able to purchase ticket books of "Magic Key" tickets ... and they looked a lot like the logo (type face, key type) used for this new program.

In face, the recycle of the old material is very welcoming to me. It recalls really good memories of a very special ticket book ... those much loved "Magic Keys." Wow, can't wait for tomorrow's news! :)

Curious re-cycle of both the name and imagery of a former program from years (decades) ago ...

When I was a teen, my Mom belonged to some special Disney club through which she was able to purchase ticket books of "Magic Key" tickets ... and they looked a lot like the logo (type face, key type) used for this new program.

In face, the recycle of the old material is very welcoming to me. It recalls really good memories of a very special ticket book ... those much loved "Magic Keys." Wow, can't wait for tomorrow's news! :)

Are you talking about the Magic Kingdom Club?

I’m so curious what this will actually be! The new pass holder/membership/whatever program will be announced tomorrow.

The email states:
“As one of our biggest fans, we wanted to make sure you were the first to know about this NEW offering. We are thrilled about this coming announcement and we encourage you to stay tuned because all the details will be revealed tomorrow no earlier than 1 p.m. PST!”

You must be on the extra VIP list because you posted this at 9:14am and I got the email at 9:18am :snail:

giphy.gif

This is how I will be for the next 27hours.

Curious to see what the details are and when it will go live. We have 3 day tickets for later this month and plan on going for 4 days in October. We would definitely consider upgrading those tickets to "magic key" passes, just like you could upgrade a ticket towards an AP. But doubt that they will be available for use in August.

The fact that the words "annual" and "pass" are intentionally not in use means anyone hoping for some semblance of the old program is going to be disappointed.

That said, I'm trying really hard to think of the guest/legacy AP surveys I did in the last 12-18 months to divinate tomorrow's 1pm announcement.

EDIT: n/m disney parks blog used the word "pass" c'mon what the h, e, double hockey sticks Disney, what are you doing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter