Magic Key Program

For those who haven't received the e-mail. It doesn't necessarily have to be a glitch. You could be in a control group.
It's normal in (e-mail) marketing to have a control group who doesn't receive the communication. This to measure the effectiveness of the communication. They need to know if the people who didn't receive the communication act in the same way as those who did receive the communication.

Is that something where they would remove you from the group that receives emails? I used to get them all but sometime last year, they stopped. Luckily, my husband and son both receive them, so there's a chance of me being able to read them.

Is anyone else curious about Fastpass/Maxpass or whatever? Anyone think it will be exclusively for Magic Key members? I kinda do.
This is interesting. I had not considered the Magic Key being a replacement for APs and FP/MP. Although, if it’s something that everyone can take advantage of whether local or not, then that actually makes sense in a way. Although that program is going to look a lot different from the old AP program.

Either way, since they have not announced anything about the future of FP/MP, if this new program includes those things (exclusively or not) then that means we’ll also get a FastPass/MaxPass update tomorrow as well.

I'm really interested to see what this is about, I also want to know about the FastPass/MaxPass system too. I hope that it's something decent, either way I am most likely going to be part of whatever this is. :)

Sorry but what would make it the food court of Anaheim?

The fact that in the "before times" people would use APs for their teens as a way to drop them off to "hang out with friends" unsupervised, like a mall food court. The lower tier APs were cheap enough to make that commonplace, along with just people coming to "hang out" but not actually spend any money.

Something’s bugging me: does it actually say anywhere that this Magic Key program is going to be the replacement membership program for APs? The email calls it a “new offering” but doesn’t say it’s the new membership program.

Maybe it’s just a new FastPass/MaxPass system and they are just announcing it to legacy pass holders first since they’re the “biggest fans”.

Just thinking out loud. Gotta have something to ponder for the next 24 hours!

Either way, since they have not announced anything about the future of FP/MP, if this new program includes those things (exclusively or not) then that means we’ll also get a FastPass/MaxPass update tomorrow as well.

This is what got me thinking about it. All the surveys asked about Maxpass access, so I would imagine they would be bringing it back by the time they start this new program.

Something’s bugging me: does it actually say anywhere that this Magic Key program is going to be the replacement membership program for APs? The email calls it a “new offering” but doesn’t say it’s the new membership program.

Maybe it’s just a new FastPass/MaxPass system and they are just announcing it to legacy pass holders first since they’re the “biggest fans”.

No, it's being reported by media (credible media) that it's the AP replacement program. It was confirmed by journalists who likely got that confirmation from Disney.

Are you talking about the cute collectable keys? Those have been around for awhile, so they aren’t connected to this program…
Yep that is exactly what I was talking about. I was just in a Disney store a couple days ago and saw them and was like hmmm wonder what these are for lol. Well there went my idea lol.

With the passholder discount only being extended through the 15th and Damaro saying the new passholder program is coming back relatively soon, I think it’s a safe bet to assume it’s that.

I wondered that before I posted this. The email was titled, “Legacy Passholders, the wait is nearly over!” and I saw actual theme park journalists (not bloggers) post it on IG as the AP replacement program.

Notably, we have no idea what that means, and it’s not even a given that it is some type of admission pass/media - but it’s fair to assume that this is the program they’ve been referencing.

I think Fastpass/Maxpass could be part of whatever system they’re unveiling, perhaps if it includes a menu of perks offered to all kinds of guests. Who knows at this point? I certainly don’t think they’d want to bar one-day guests from paying for some type of FP system, though…

I wondered that before I posted this. The email was titled, “Legacy Passholders, the wait is nearly over!” and I saw actual theme park journalists (not bloggers) post it on IG as the AP replacement program.

Notably, we have no idea what that means, and it’s not even a given that it is some type of admission pass/media - but it’s fair to assume that this is the program they’ve been referencing.

I think Fastpass/Maxpass could be part of whatever system they’re unveiling, perhaps if it includes a menu of perks offered to all kinds of guests. Who knows at this point? I certainly don’t think they’d want to bar one-day guests from paying for some type of FP system, though…
I don’t think they’d keep maxpass from the general public either. Some people bought it, some people didn’t but that system didn’t seem overrun.

I also didn’t get the email (modern equivalent of “didn’t get the memo”) even though I had a pass that expired just shortly before the lockdown.

I remember the old Magic Key tickets. They were like gold when there were ticket books (A-E). A book of 10 E tickets. Yippee!

Certainly this signals that there will be a limited number of visits per year, therefore more restrictive than Flex Pass. Most likely will require reservations as well. I’m not sure they will offer unlimited visits but if they do it will be very pricy.

I also didn’t get the email (modern equivalent of “didn’t get the memo”) even though I had a pass that expired just shortly before the lockdown.
Perhaps the bolded section answers why you didn't get this email. It was directed to "Legacy Passholders" which is a term specific to those with active/valid APs at the point when Disney chose to cancel the AP program ... long, long into the shutdown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter