• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Key Program

My Dream pass doesn't show an expiration date in the app when I go to tickets and passes, but right after I purchased it it DID show Oct 2nd (I think) 2022. Does anyone know if that Oct date was just a "place holder" or something. I won't scan into the parks until Oct 16th this year and was assuming the pass would start it's one year clock from that day...

My Dream pass doesn't show an expiration date in the app when I go to tickets and passes, but right after I purchased it it DID show Oct 2nd (I think) 2022. Does anyone know if that Oct date was just a "place holder" or something. I won't scan into the parks until Oct 16th this year and was assuming the pass would start it's one year clock from that day...
I think you have a year to activate it, the expiration date will then be based on the activation date.

I am paralyzed with indecision now on buying 2 Magic Keys. We have an 8 day trip planned in January and were originally going to buy 2 sets of hoppers for the 7 days we are planning to be in the park: we leave the Saturday of MLK weekend so we only need park reservations through that Friday. We are staying at VGC. I was put off of the MK because of the 90 day vs 120 for hotel guests/park hopper holders. Now I am questioning that since someone upthread said the MK holders have availability this weekend when the hotel guests do not.

If we buy the MKs, we will make a separate trip in December 2022 to get more use out of them.

Help!?! Do I or don't I buy them?

If I buy them, can I buy one for the whole family at once OR do I need separate queues for each of us?

Send me a PM "asap" if you would like a Queue-it code w/ <30 minutes wait. I have to leave my keyboard soon.

I am paralyzed with indecision now on buying 2 Magic Keys. We have an 8 day trip planned in January and were originally going to buy 2 sets of hoppers for the 7 days we are planning to be in the park: we leave the Saturday of MLK weekend so we only need park reservations through that Friday. We are staying at VGC. I was put off of the MK because of the 90 day vs 120 for hotel guests/park hopper holders. Now I am questioning that since someone upthread said the MK holders have availability this weekend when the hotel guests do not.

If we buy the MKs, we will make a separate trip in December 2022 to get more use out of them.

Help!?! Do I or don't I buy them?

If I buy them, can I buy one for the whole family at once OR do I need separate queues for each of us?
You can buy multiple Keys in one transaction, be aware MK cannot book park reservations from the hotel bucket, You’d have to book from the MK bucket.

Well that’s concerning. We were assuming hotel guests would have higher priority over MK and were holding off buying them for our January trip.

We were discussing the weirdness of the availability calendar a few weeks ago -- there are times when the hotel bucket looks *WORSE* than the non-hotel bucket. Our consensus is that no one is updating the hotel buckets, or it's not an accurate representation of park availability overall.

But who knows, the first real test will be major holidays coming up, if the AP & standard PH/single park ticket availability goes to zero, will there be hotel guest availability? We don't know yet.

Woohoo...got my Believe Keys...for me and the fam!!!

Have another queue ID with 48mins to go if anyone wants it...DM me.

So, an update from in the park.

1. They are saying here that you have to be scanned into a park to upgrade.

2. However, that isn’t working for us. They have a bevy of CMs by the ticket booths who suggested hard closing the app, restarting my phone, and signing out and back in. Still didn’t work. So, I got in the ticket booth line and was then told that they won’t help me there. “We’re aware of the app issue, but the booths cannot assist with it at this time.”

I am supposed to wait and hope my “upgrade” button appears before midnight tonight. We are only staying until 4:00, so if that doesn’t work, I’m not exactly sure what we will do. They said to screenshot everything and I have photos of us at the ticket booth, which is supposedly going to mean they fix it if it doesn’t work…
I understand technical difficulties but that is seriously such crap that they won’t help you at the ticket booth.

Yea, mine was also purchased under a different account--I have a message to chat, but who knows if I will hear back.

It just seems so ridiculous that when I go to make a park reservation, both through the app (which takes me to safari on my phone) or through the desktop, it recognizes my key, but the key doesn't show up in my profile. I go in a couple of weeks, so if I do not hear from them with advice, I will just have to go to the ticket booth, I guess? Lol, this shouldn't be so complicated!! I have had my disney account for MANY years, which included being an AP. Oh well! I guess I am just envious of that cute little graphic on the app! :)
Be warned.. chat took over 24 hours to answer my question. I'm going tomorrow and will report back of the Key graphic is added to my "Hello page" :)

Five hours waiting. Idc I want it so bad lol

Attachments

• 0A3A1F17-73EE-4D46-AD7B-2EF0BFA2BD58.png
    0A3A1F17-73EE-4D46-AD7B-2EF0BFA2BD58.png
    121.8 KB · Views: 11
You can buy multiple Keys in one transaction, be aware MK cannot book park reservations from the hotel bucket, You’d have to book from the MK bucket.

yes which is a gamble because my assumption is over time they will favor hotel/day ticket holders in terms of availability.

We were discussing the weirdness of the availability calendar a few weeks ago -- there are times when the hotel bucket looks *WORSE* than the non-hotel bucket. Our consensus is that no one is updating the hotel buckets, or it's not an accurate representation of park availability overall.

But who knows, the first real test will be major holidays coming up, if the AP & standard PH/single park ticket availability goes to zero, will there be hotel guest availability? We don't know yet.
this is partly what concerns us: we weren’t going to get the Key because we assumed hotel/day ticket holders would have an advantage. Oh well. We’re going in January after the new year rush but before MLK weekend so all my angst over park availability is likely irrelevant.

Clarification question. When booking reservations it says you can hop after 1 but the only options are "all day." Does that sound right?
It says this above the park selection options -

• Magic Key Passes: For the day you selected, both parks are available for you to visit. Choose the first park you will visit for the day. You may enter the other park later that day after 1:00 PM, and go between the parks (based on availability). If you arrive after 1:00 PM, you may start your visit at either park.

It says this above the park selection options -

• Magic Key Passes: For the day you selected, both parks are available for you to visit. Choose the first park you will visit for the day. You may enter the other park later that day after 1:00 PM, and go between the parks (based on availability). If you arrive after 1:00 PM, you may start your visit at either park.
Thanks, that's what I read, I just wanted to make sure I was still reading it correctly since it only gives the option to choose either park "all day" not hop.

Finally got my pass! Reservations set! I’ll be interested to see if us “out of state” pass holders ever get our welcome package. I was AP for 6 years and never got a frickin magnet 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter