• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Key Sales to Resume on 1/10/24!

If it were me, I would buy the MK on the 10th either way. Then, he can either use the tickets in January and activate the MK during the next trip, or use the MK in January and save the tickets to use later, maybe during a blackout period (ie, summer).
I thought the MK activate on the day of purchase. Don't they expire 1 year from purchase.

I thought the MK activate on the day of purchase. Don't they expire 1 year from purchase.
Nope! They activate on the first day of use. I bought mine during the sale last April and activated it in September.

From the T&Cs:

"[A] Pass is valid for applicable privileges for one (1) year from the date of use of the Pass for first entry into a Disneyland® Resort theme park or use of the parking benefit on the pass for a fully-paid first entry into a pay-on-entry lot at the Disneyland® Resort."

The DVC website has info on the passes.

Unlock the fun, magic and excitement of the Happiest Place on Earth when you become a Magic Key holder!

Discover 2 exciting theme parks, featuring both new and beloved classic attractions. Get discounts on select shopping, dining and more. And take advantage of special experiences at select times of the year and access to Magic Key terrace—a location just for Magic Key holders and their Guests.

In addition, eligible Disney Vacation Club Members receive a discount on the purchase of a Magic Key pass (when available).

Learn more about the Disneyland Resort Magic Key Program, including pass types, availability and the benefits of becoming a Magic Key holder.

Please note: In order to receive a discount on the Magic Key pass, eligible Members must purchase the pass at the Disneyland Resort box office and will need to show their Member ID.

Thank you so much as well! He will buy the Enchant Key on the 10th to be safe. :)

Did you notice that the enchant key currently doesn’t have reservations available for his dates? They very well could open up closer to the date, night before even, but that is probably a heavily booked weekend and expected to be very busy with the race, so it’s not something I would personally count on.

I've bought DL APs multiple before including the Enchant Key a couple of years ago and the DVC discount has always been a measly $20. Something makes me doubt it will be any more than that this time. I know I shouldn't complain since any discount is better than none but come on.

I know this topic has been beaten to death but I'm still not sure I understand it completely. I'm going to use round numbers for simplicity's sake, and I also understand that they may stop sales of the Magic Key passes at any time. So my scenario is I buy a 4-day hopper for $500 and use two days of it which are days that are blocked out for the enchant pass (Feb 17&18). On day 3 (Feb 19) I decide to upgrade this pass to the enchant key which costs $1000 (again round numbers for simplicity.) I can apply the whole $500 which leaves me $500 to pay, correct? Also, the anniversary date of the pass would be the 3rd day (Feb 19)? I did use the search function, but I didn't find an answer that completely satisfied me.

I know this topic has been beaten to death but I'm still not sure I understand it completely. I'm going to use round numbers for simplicity's sake, and I also understand that they may stop sales of the Magic Key passes at any time. So my scenario is I buy a 4-day hopper for $500 and use two days of it which are days that are blocked out for the enchant pass (Feb 17&18). On day 3 (Feb 19) I decide to upgrade this pass to the enchant key which costs $1000 (again round numbers for simplicity.) I can apply the whole $500 which leaves me $500 to pay, correct? Also, the anniversary date of the pass would be the 3rd day (Feb 19)? I did use the search function, but I didn't find an answer that completely satisfied me.
Yes to the money part, but your anniversary date would be the first day the actual ticket you upgraded was used.

Just a heads up when upgrading a ticket to an ap, you will loose any park pass reservations you had made with the ticket and will be subject to the magic key availability bucket and will need to rebook.

Thanks, I completely understand this now. I was clear on the bucket stuff but I was fuzzy on the dates/money. You've been so helpful I need to pick your brain one more time. If I upgrade on day 3 while I'm in DL/DCA even if the bucket isn't open, I'm already in the park so I'd be ok right? I realize I might not be able to hop or leave and come back but as long as I stay I'd be ok? Now that I think about it, waiting until day 4 to upgrade would probably be in my best interest.

Thanks, I completely understand this now. I was clear on the bucket stuff but I was fuzzy on the dates/money. You've been so helpful I need to pick your brain one more time. If I upgrade on day 3 while I'm in DL/DCA even if the bucket isn't open, I'm already in the park so I'd be ok right? I realize I might not be able to hop or leave and come back but as long as I stay I'd be ok? Now that I think about it, waiting until day 4 to upgrade would probably be in my best interest.
If you’re in the park you are correct that you can stay but you won’t be able to get back in if you leave without a new park pass. It was also make genie+ unusable if you bought it for the day on the day you upgrade.

Quick question:

We are currently magic key holders that expire on 1/28/24. Is it possible to buy new passes (instead of renewing) so that we can activate them at a later date and not on 1/28 when our current passes expire? We want to take a few months off from the parks but don't want to miss the chance to purchase magic keys while they are on sale.

Thanks!

Did you notice that the enchant key currently doesn’t have reservations available for his dates? They very well could open up closer to the date, night before even, but that is probably a heavily booked weekend and expected to be very busy with the race, so it’s not something I would personally count on.
Thank you- Yes, we checked the calendar and saw that there's no availability for that Sunday. Right now his plan is to use the 3-day tickets as planned, then wait to activate the Magic Key later on in the year. :)

Another questions sorry

So if I get a pass next Wednesday, can I make a reservation since I haven't been to the park yet or do I have to just show up on a a day and from then on I need to make a reservation to get in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter