Magic Key Sales to Resume on 1/10/24!

Another questions sorry

So if I get a pass next Wednesday, can I make a reservation since I haven't been to the park yet or do I have to just show up on a a day and from then on I need to make a reservation to get in?

You need to make a reservation for all visits using your pass, even the first one. Your pass is not officially activated though until you enter either park for the first time OR use the parking benefit on the pass for the first time. On the day you do either of those things, your key is activated and will expire one year from that date.

You need to make a reservation for all visits using your pass, even the first one. Your pass is not officially activated though until you enter either park for the first time OR use the parking benefit on the pass for the first time. On the day you do either of those things, your key is activated and will expire one year from that date.
Thank you

Makes sense but just wanted to ask

Finally. I'm setting my alarm for 8AM (I work late hours) so I can be ready to jump in the queue the second it opens. My goal is an Imagine Key, but I'll settle for Enchant as well.

I wanted to buy my husband a pass, but I just bought him a 5 day park hopper. Lol. Guest services said I can upgrade his ticket on the last day of our visit in February. Fingers crossed that Believe or Inspire is still available!

I wanted to buy my husband a pass, but I just bought him a 5 day park hopper. Lol. Guest services said I can upgrade his ticket on the last day of our visit in February. Fingers crossed that Believe or Inspire is still available!

Inspire was the only one that didn't sell out last time. Considering the price hike and people tightening their wallets in the face of an impending recession and/or possibly even mass layoffs, it's likely it will still be the only one up for grabs after the sale ends.

Inspire was the only one that didn't sell out last time. Considering the price hike and people tightening their wallets in the face of an impending recession and/or possibly even mass layoffs, it's likely it will still be the only one up for grabs after the sale ends.
I don't anticipate the impending doom that you do but, regardless, Inspire had the smallest percentage increase. At the time of the price increase, additional block out dates were added to Believe. I wouldn't be surprised to see people with Believe upgrading to Inspire.

Imagine went from $449 -> $499 (11%)
Enchant went from $699 -$849 (21%)
Believe went from $1099 -> $1249 (13%)
Inspire went from $1599 -> $1649 (3%)

I don't anticipate the impending doom that you do but, regardless, Inspire had the smallest percentage increase. At the time of the price increase, additional block out dates were added to Believe. I wouldn't be surprised to see people with Believe upgrading to Inspire.

Imagine went from $449 -> $499 (11%)
Enchant went from $699 -$849 (21%)
Believe went from $1099 -> $1249 (13%)
Inspire went from $1599 -> $1649 (3%)

I don't predict outright doom, but it isn't a bad thing to be prepared incase the worst does come to pass.

I have a feeling Enchant and Believe will be the least desirable keys this time around, with Believe having more blackout dates and Enchant taking the biggest price hike relative to its previous cost. But not many have the budget to drop a mortgage payment on the highest tier, either.

I work weekends and live in Victorville, and I don't like going out during the Summer, so the Imagine Key is a perfect fit for me and will be my key of choice if it's available when my turn comes up.

Does anyone know how quickly all the keys sold out last time around? We actually live in Canada but with planning more than one trip this year it looks like it may be most cost effective to get a pass...

I have a trip planned starting March 31. I'd love to upgrade while there but what on earth are the chances a key will still be available then?

Decisions decisions...

Does anyone know how quickly all the keys sold out last time around? We actually live in Canada but with planning more than one trip this year it looks like it may be most cost effective to get a pass...

I have a trip planned starting March 31. I'd love to upgrade while there but what on earth are the chances a key will still be available then?

Decisions decisions...
Last year, Believe and Enchant sold out within a day. Imagine is only for So Cal residents and was available for a little longer. Inspire was available for a few months.

My friend has a kid who will turn 3 in March. They could buy a MK tomorrow and just activate it when they go after he turns 3, right?

My friend has a kid who will turn 3 in March. They could buy a MK tomorrow and just activate it when they go after he turns 3, right?
Yes, but they usually make exceptions with a newly turned 3 year old at the ticket windows if the parent has a pass already and they aren’t selling new passes.

Yes, but they usually make exceptions with a newly turned 3 year old at the ticket windows if the parent has a pass already and they aren’t selling new passes.
Yeah they’d rather not have to wait at the booths, so I think they’ll try for one when they go on sale and hopefully they can just do that. Thanks!

Yeah they’d rather not have to wait at the booths, so I think they’ll try for one when they go on sale and hopefully they can just do that. Thanks!
They can safely request the child’s exception pass in person at the booths within 60 days after they turn 3. After that, they could be denied until passes are on sale again. (Assuming they’re not already available at that time.) So they just need to make sure not to miss that window.

Does anyone know how quickly all the keys sold out last time around?
Last year, passes went on sale on April 11th at 9am PT.

Believe sold out by 3:15pm PT.
Enchant sold out around 5pm PT.
Imagine sold out early on April 14th.
Inspire went off-sale in early September.

They can safely request the child’s exception pass in person at the booths within 60 days after they turn 3. After that, they could be denied until passes are on sale again. (Assuming they’re not already available at that time.) So they just need to make sure not to miss that window.
If the child turns 3 in March, they could purchase a MK now, use the 60 day grace period until May and activate their child's pass in June.

If the child turns 3 in March, they could purchase a MK now, use the 60 day grace period until May and activate their child's pass in June.
That’s correct. But if they wait until after May/60 days from when they turn 3 to try and get their child’s pass and they’re not on sale, they may be told they have to wait until passes are available again. And they need to do it in person at the ticket booth, with the child’s birth certificate just in case. So it’s important they request the exemption pass within that period to guarantee they get the pass for their child, no matter when they activate it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter