• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Kingdom Bathrooms - GROSS

We encounter a completely disgusting bathroom at the CS restaurant, Peco Bill's, last trip..Overflowing clogged toilets, toilet paper everywhere, and it smelled awful.:scared: The sad thing was it was only 11:30 am and the restaurant just opened!! I found a CM when and told them the bathroom needed attention ASAP!!! The restroom near town hall on Main Street was also nasty the same day.

I should think when you're there on one of the busiest weeks of the year it would be hard to keep up. I have also noticed that more and more people think its acceptable to throw down trash and not clean up after themselves because they expect everyone else to do it. I was there in December; it was very busy and while some were less than pristine, none were what I would consider nasty or gross. That includes a very busy MK.

ETA: I always make it a point to thank the hard working bathroom attendants as well. It's a thankless job made even more thankless by inconsiderate guests.

I have found that certain bathrooms in each of the parks are less than desirable. For example, the restrooms in cross over between Adventureland and Frontierland are always smelly and not very clean, but I attribute that to always being very busy. The restrooms behind Imagination at Epcot are always clean and with few people.

I have found that certain bathrooms in each of the parks are less than desirable. For example, the restrooms in cross over between Adventureland and Frontierland are always smelly and not very clean, but I attribute that to always being very busy. The restrooms behind Imagination at Epcot are always clean and with few people.

Those must be the same bathrooms I'm thinking of. They're the only ones (at least the ladies room) I've encountered that I would really call messy - but not disgusting. A few years ago, the ladies room there was very busy and there was a lot of paper towel on the floor. However, there was a CM frantically trying to keep things tidy.

I generally dislike public restrooms and try very hard to avoid them. But that's pretty impossible when we spend all day at the parks. I feel pretty lucky that the worst I've seen at WDW is paper towel on the floor and a couple over-full trash cans, especially considering the filthy bathrooms I've encountered elsewhere and the horror stories I've heard from friends about their workplace bathrooms. (More than one person I know has a "customer relieved themselves on a bathroom floor" story :scared:)

Bad bathrooms happen in the best of situations. I did once run across an...I'll say unclean, not disgusting....bathroom at WDW. It was during the height of a MNNSHP, so my guess is that CMs were a bit busy.

I have been to Disney many times over my lifetime and usually at busy times. I have seen a continual downgrade on the parks being clean especially the bathrooms. I also seen a definite attitude change with cast members. I will be taking the cruise next year.

I think all of the things mentioned here have at least a little bit to do with the season. Ive been all times of the year, and everyone is just happier (and everything cleaner) when the weather is nice and the crowds are low.

I have been to Disney many times over my lifetime and usually at busy times. I have seen a continual downgrade on the parks being clean especially the bathrooms. I also seen a definite attitude change with cast members. I will be taking the cruise next year.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I've been to Disney many times too, and think they still do an excellent job of handling things. Funny thing too during my last trip I was so worried about grouchy CMs. There had been posts all over the Dis about how they had bad attitudes. During a week stay I ran into one CM I thought was crabby.

While i support the work of all the restroom cleaners...if they're frantically trying to help keep the place clean, they need more help sometimes (maybe 1 less ice cream cart).

What was sad for me was walking between the castle and tomorrowland (where the wishing well is) and there was a bunch of garbage in the bushes behind the wall. While i agree that bathrooms take a beating and can understand it, i can't seem to understand how early morning there were cups, tissues and a plastic bag stuck in the bushes...in one of the nicest areas of the park (to me).

Is it just a general lower of the bar of cleanliness in the park?

While i support the work of all the restroom cleaners...if they're frantically trying to help keep the place clean, they need more help sometimes (maybe 1 less ice cream cart).

What was sad for me was walking between the castle and tomorrowland (where the wishing well is) and there was a bunch of garbage in the bushes behind the wall. While i agree that bathrooms take a beating and can understand it, i can't seem to understand how early morning there were cups, tissues and a plastic bag stuck in the bushes...in one of the nicest areas of the park (to me).

Is it just a general lower of the bar of cleanliness in the park?

I think it is a combination of people being messier than they used to be, and extended park hours. For example there were times last week were MK was only closed for 7 hours overnight. Not a lot of time to clean up the park. It would be great if they had more help overnight to clean things up. It would also be great if guests could walk 10 feet and find a trash can, instead of dumping their junk wherever.

You know you are on the disboards when you get a thoughtful multi page exegesis on the quality of bathroom cleanliness, corporate protocols, shifting societal norms and their effects on public bathroom habits.

I don't know why, but DISers just seem to love discussing the finer points of bathrooms. Seriously, every few week there's a thread about em.

Ahhh...the argument of "people are messier" is back.

How can one not love the logic found in the paraphrased statement..."I have never found a dirty bathroom in all my trips...they are spotless. But if you did see one it is an anomaly and people are just more entitled and messy now" say what???

I have to take time off from disboards because i can only handle so much excuse making. I absolutely love disney, but there are far too many of these topics on the boards and podcast for it to be "just a bad day" Personally I think disney is being cheap and trying to skip on bathroom attendants. I dont think people are messier...overflowing trash cand are people trying to be clean but there is nothing else they can do if it is full. The main st bathroom were not that clean last time I was there. We're they gas station level?...nope. But more is expected at Disney and I don't think we should be making excuses for mediocrity.

I will say they last 2 hotel rooms we had (both moderates) had cleanliness issues as well. Our last room still had a full fridge of stuff, no garbage bags, I found a stick of deodorant under the air conditioner, and a questionable stain on the pillow. And for the second trip in a row, we got a broken fridge. Would not stay cool buzzed all night and leaked everywhere. Always fun when you brought 3 half gallons of milk for the baby and meds for his ear infection that must stay refrigerated and yogurt to put said meds in to trick him into taking. Yes..I did report it. I got a sorry and an eventual replac ment fridge. Didn't ruin any vacation, just annoying...but this is starting to be a trend...in park and out. I love disney enough that I overlook it. ( but if I get a third straight broken fridge I will raise hell down st the front desk!) Gotta say others who don't feel the love might not be so forgiving (cue the more room for me responses)

Last edited:
Ahhh...the argument of "people are messier" is back.

How can one not love the logic found in the paraphrased statement..."I have never found a dirty bathroom in all my trips...they are spotless. But if you did see one it is an anomaly and people are just more entitled and messy now" say what???

I have to take time off from disboards because i can only handle so much excuse making. I absolutely love disney, but there are far too many of these topics on the boards and podcast for it to be "just a bad day" Personally I think disney is being cheap and trying to skip on bathroom attendants. I dont think people are messier...overflowing trash cand are people trying to be clean but there is nothing else they can do if it is full. The main st bathroom were not that clean last time I was there. We're they gas station level?...nope. But more is expected at Disney and I don't think we should be making excuses for mediocrity.

I will say they last 2 hotel rooms we had (both moderates) had cleanliness issues as well. Our last room still had a full fridge of stuff, no garbage bags, I found a stick of deodorant under the air conditioner, and a questionable stain on the pillow. And for the second trip in a row, we got a broken fridge. Would not stay cool buzzed all night and leaked everywhere. Always fun when you brought 3 half gallons of milk for the baby. Yes..I did report it. Didn't ruin any vacation, just annoying...but this is starting to be a trend...in park and out. I love disney enough that I overlook it. Gotta say others who don't feel the love might not be so forgiving (cue the more room for me responses)
I would say "more room for me," but I don't stay in moderates...any more... ;)

I know its not out "responsibility" and we are not the ones getting paid to do it, but if you see paper towels on the floor near the rubbish would it really kill you to pick it up. Also, I know we always see all the attendants and how many of us ever take the time to say thank you? I don't do it often enough, and time is precious on holiday. However, if we just say Thanks maybe people would take just a tiny bit more pride in their work; and that could make a World of difference

I will say they last 2 hotel rooms we had (both moderates) had cleanliness issues as well. Our last room still had a full fridge of stuff, no garbage bags, I found a stick of deodorant under the air conditioner, and a questionable stain on the pillow. And for the second trip in a row, we got a broken fridge. Would not stay cool buzzed all night and leaked everywhere. Always fun when you brought 3 half gallons of milk for the baby and meds for his ear infection that must stay refrigerated and yogurt to put said meds in to trick him into taking. Yes..I did report it. I got a sorry and an eventual replac ment fridge. Didn't ruin any vacation, just annoying...but this is starting to be a trend...in park and out. I love disney enough that I overlook it. ( but if I get a third straight broken fridge I will raise hell down st the front desk!) Gotta say others who don't feel the love might not be so forgiving (cue the more room for me responses)

I don't think it is a "trend" as much as bad luck. Out of my last 3 stays at a WDW resort, I have gotten the 1 request I made each trip one time. One out of three. Does that then mean it is a "trend", that Disney is now not attempting to give people their requests? I don't think so. I think I have had bad luck. Sometimes stuff just happens. It doesn't mean Disney isn't trying enough or that they don't care.

Gotta say others who don't feel the love might not be so forgiving (cue the more room for me responses)
My first summer job was general staff at a "resort" campground. We occasionally had to clean bathrooms. It was an experience. The men's rooms had beard shavings all over the sinks and they had a hard time learning to flush toilets. The women's rooms.... The women's rooms... Too much blood.

I think because of this I'm just generally more forgiving of all environmental service workers. Patrons at public restrooms tend to think their messes aren't their problem anymore... Like someone's paid to do it so I'll keep them employed. So whether it's disney, universal, or my local Ren fest, i judge far less harshly than some. Not because it's disney world though.

I think there are several factors: yes, people are messy and if it's busy, yep, the bathrooms will reflect that.

I was at WDW in early-March, which wasn't terribly busy. I was 30 weeks pregnant, so I used the bathrooms A LOT. One thing I found interesting is that, nearly every bathroom I used, there was a CM actively cleaning at the time. They really seemed on top of it. I guess I was there at a good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter