Magic Kingdom Bridal Portrait Sessions Now Available in 2015

lurkyloo

The Attic was just perfect!
Disney finally confirmed that Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings couples will be able to book Magic Kingdom Bridal Portrait Sessions in 2015. However, no front-of-castle shots or Main Street, U.S.A. shots will be possible, due to construction in the Hub. Instead, couples must choose one of three routes with three stops apiece:

1) Prince Charming Regal Carrousel/Mad Tea Party/Wishing Well
2) Enchanted Tales with Belle/Be Our Guest Restuarant/Under the Sea–Journey of the Little Mermaid
3) Rapunzel Tower/Haunted Mansion/Pirates of the Caribbean

MKShotMap2015.jpg

If you're already on the waiting list for 2015, you'll be contacted today. Here's the original post: https://www.disneyweddings.com/ever-after-blog/838-2015-magic-kingdom-portrait-session-enhancements

I enjoy how the post makes it sound like such a positive spin when in reality it's a bummer. Now they can schedule three brides at the same time (potentially six brides in a morning, right?) by scheduling them on all three routes in the two hours before park opening, with each of the three routes going an hour each. From a logistical standpoint it makes total sense.

But what if you had just wanted Haunted Mansion and Be Our Guest? What if you wanted to grab a few drive- by shots in Frontierland? And why is there a bride in front of the castle when those aren't allowed? Have any brides ever taken photos in Tomorrowland?

How long does it take to set up and take a few shots on the Carousel? For those of you who have taken portrait sessions, what if you only wanted to quickly grab a few shots on the Carousel before moving on to the next thing? If you're paying two grand for photos, shouldn't you be able to cram as many shots in there as you want? I feel like it'd be a total hoot to see how many locations you could conceivably get in by just going to a location, posing, taking 5 pics quickly in 1 or 2 poses and moving on.

I'm really sad for everyone who was counting on doing a Magic Kingdom shoot. If your paying that much for it, you should be able to pick out what you want.

Well, that is too bad. I'm still going to call to see if they'll let me do a 2016 sometime. I know that I had called them earlier in October at my 45-day mark, and the person I spoke to said that if they can't get us in during 2015, they'd let us schedule a 2016 date.

That better still be true--because if my only options are those three routes, with no front-of-castle pictures...then why would I pay the money? I don't care about getting pictures in any of those locations (except maybe Be Our Guest--but only if I get pictures inside the ballroom!). The reason you get pictures in MK is for the castle. If I don't get to do a castle shoot...I'm not paying $2K for it.

Tiffiny

I enjoy how the post makes it sound like such a positive spin when in reality it's a bummer. Now they can schedule three brides at the same time (potentially six brides in a morning, right?) by scheduling them on all three routes in the two hours before park opening, with each of the three routes going an hour each. From a logistical standpoint it makes total sense.

Oh, agreed. I found it funny, too, that they showed a Rapunzel's tower shot in New Fantasyland. That's a pretty place...but seriously, that couple is standing inside a bathroom. It'd be pretty cool if I didn't know what that was. The bathroom tile floor just kill it for me.

"Look! You can go take a picture in the Rapunzel area!" It's....a restroom. A pretty restroom...but still. :/

Tiffiny

And why is there a bride in front of the castle when those aren't allowed?

The photo with the castle is the back of the castle. About a month before our shoot we were told that they were going to have some professional photography on the day of our shoot and we would only be allowed to get shots of the back of the castle. So I did a lot of research as to what kinds of shots you can get back there.

We eventually agreed to the behind the castle only shoot and were pleasantly surprised when we were able to snag a few from the front. It was really crazy though. I think they were shooting promos for the ABC shows with WDW episodes that aired last May.

We got shots in the front of the castle, near the Cinderella fountain in the back, near one of the newly added walls and over in the be our guest area.

I realize I'm in the minority here but I'm just happy as this means I'll be able actually get an MK shoot. I didn't care about the front of the castle especially (the shot I'd kill for is on the grass along the moat with the castle behind) but since I have a bit of a Little Mermaid theme anyway option #2 looks good to me. Actually they all sound fun but again that could be me just being happy I actually get to do this shoot (especially since I also want to do Hollywood Studios and I personally think Disney isn't going offer that next year with all the closures)

"Look! You can go take a picture in the Rapunzel area!" It's....a restroom. A pretty restroom...but still. :/

Tiffiny

Oh, come now. Think of all the memories! "Sweetie, remember when we snuggled in that bathroom? That was so romantic!" And then every time you walked by in the future, you could go the bathroom and fondly think about your wedding! :rotfl:

I would still love to have the MK shoot.
However, It would be better if we could choose the location.
I would love to have photos taken at Be Our Guest & Rapunzel Tower.
NOT Haunted Mansion & Pirates of the Caribbean.
I am really hoping the hub construction is completed earlier than expected.
We are hoping to have the Magic Kingdom shoot in early December, 2015. I would go back in 2016 for the shoot if I am unable to have it then.

OMG!! I'm literally jumping out of my chair and screaming right now! (Doing that while typing is a skill set not many people possess.)

I spoke to my planner today and we are CONFIRMED to do this on the morning of our wedding!

It must have come true because I dreamed it more than once.

I'm very interested to hear from some previous disney brides about the number of locations disney allow you stop at.

I'm very interested to hear from some previous disney brides about the number of locations disney allow you stop at.

We only got about 3 locations... Inside the castle where they do the meet & greet with Cinderella, by the carousel and the back of the castle and the front of the castle.

I'm really torn with this decision. I don't know what to do. I can't make a decision until 45 days before the wedding because I am going with an outside photography.

I don't think it's right that they are charging the same amount. We are not getting the same experience. We are being limited.

I really want Be Our Guest Restaurant, Belle's Cottage, the front of the Castle, Rapunzel's bathrooms and the Haunted Mansion. I won't be able to have all of those photos.

Sigh....

I'm really torn with this decision. I don't know what to do. I can't make a decision until 45 days before the wedding because I am going with an outside photography.

I don't think it's right that they are charging the same amount. We are not getting the same experience. We are being limited.

I really want Be Our Guest Restaurant, Belle's Cottage, the front of the Castle, Rapunzel's bathrooms and the Haunted Mansion. I won't be able to have all of those photos.

Sigh....

With the hour time limit, you wouldn't be able to have all of those locations, anyway.

Oh I would LOVE to do a photo shoot in Magic Kingdom... But I agree, no castle pictures is a huge disappointment. I couldn't justify the costs. If anyone ever did this, I would love to see the results!

I wonder if these same rules will apply for 2016. I'm willing to wait until a year after our wedding at the possibility that we may be able to shoot with the castle.

To clarify, all shoots start in the courtyard at the back of the castle, so 2015 brides will get the castle in their photos, just not the front of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter