Magic Kingdom Bridal Portrait Sessions Now Available in 2015

I wonder if these same rules will apply for 2016. I'm willing to wait until a year after our wedding at the possibility that we may be able to shoot with the castle.

That's what I'm doing. I'm going back for our one year anniversary and taking all the pictures I want.

When I spoke to DFAP a few weeks ago, they said that they don't know if they'll let the 2014 brides come back in 2016 to do pictures. I'm going to specifically ask my planner...but I got the impression that they're trying to force the 2015 shoots into those three locations, and will NOT let the 2014 brides come back in 2016.

Again, I need to get some definite confirmation on that...but I'm like 98% certain I wouldn't pay for an MK shoot that didn't include the front of the castle, or the shot down on the grass... In my view, that's what I'd be paying the premium for. Otherwise, yeah...wouldn't happen.

Tiffiny

To clarify, all shoots start in the courtyard at the back of the castle, so 2015 brides will get the castle in their photos, just not the front of it.
I didn't know this was an option for Swan brides until I listened to your podcast yesterday (been working through them). Emailed Disney right away, and booked route 1 today! EPCOT too. So excited- especially knowing a castle shot will be in there. I think part of the joy is going to be walking around in our in our wedding attire with the place to ourselves (sort of).

Do you think they will let you switch locations for something on or near the pre-determined path? For example, do you think we could do Rapunzel, Haunted Manision, and swap Jungle Cruise for Pirates?

Also, has anyone done MK portrait session before wedding? Like doing first look in the park? Or done MK portrait session followed by another park/resort portrait session followed by ceremony?

I think you have a good chance of swapping for something close to one of the choices on your path, but it may be one of those things where if you ask in advance they automatically say no, yet the photographer lets you do it on the day of.

I've seen brides do their portrait sessions on the day of the wedding. Just know that the bottom of your dress will get dirty during the photo shoot, and it will be a super-early morning/long day for you.

Do you think they will let you switch locations for something on or near the pre-determined path? For example, do you think we could do Rapunzel, Haunted Manision, and swap Jungle Cruise for Pirates?

Also, has anyone done MK portrait session before wedding? Like doing first look in the park? Or done MK portrait session followed by another park/resort portrait session followed by ceremony?
I, too, am hoping for a little flexibility with the path. I mostly would like photos around the castle area and the Carousel. The path we chose includes the Tea Cups, which neither of us are too excited about at all. We can just skip that spot in all honesty, whether or not we can add one of the other locations. I would love to add the Haunted Mansion! I guess we'll have to see on the day of. I think that, like Lurkloo said, it is something you kind of have to bring up with your photographer on day, and maybe it depends on whether or not there are other bridal sessions going on.

To answer your other question, I am having my session the day BEFORE my actual wedding. Crazy right!? It would have been way to long of a day for us on our actual day- because our ceremony doesn't start until 4 p.m. and we have a regular photo shoot set up for that day and are keeping, then the wedding and DP (it would have been way to much for me). Day after the wedding we are playing 18 holes of Disney golf and then driving out to the beach for a non-Disneymoon. So, it makes sense for us to do it the day before. I am only slightly nervous about a stain or something. I am a Swan bride and only get to wear my dress for pictures and ceremony, so am actually HAPPY about getting two days of out this dress! I am having Carolyn Allens steam it the morning of the wedding, so if there were any mishaps- maybe they can help. Or my Future MIL will be there to help too. I also feel like it will be a prelude. I'm completed thrilled to have it this way. I'm doing complete hair and makeup as well (sort of a trial run for the wedding). The only thing I don't know about is the bouquet- as our MK/EPCOT shoot is a Monday and I don't know if I want to do an early delivery and refresh for the wedding day- and if my florist would even do this.

BTW- Jungle Cruise will be down for a few months while it is renovated. I don't know the extent of the construction.

Last edited:
I don't know if they still have it, but Disney Fine Art Photography use to have a silk bouquet they'd let brides use for photo shoots. You could ask about that....

Thank you both! Carrie you are like a celebrity to me. Currently, I do a lot of commuting and your podcasts are my saving grace. I also have ordered your book... Our wedding is still a ways away, we have a state move and house buying before it happens but never too early to start planning!

I know it would be a very long day and chance of stains/dirt is high but it is something I have always dreamed of!

I am considering doing a Hollywood Studio shoot rather than Epcot. Are there currently pathways set up for that park? Carrie, your anniversary wedding shoot was phenomenal. Absolutely jaw dropping. We will see what happens with construction and changes over the next few years though to see if it is still something we will want.

Wow! Thanks for the kind words—I'm so glad you're enjoying the podcasts! :goodvibes They don't have formal pathways for the other parks right now, just favorite spots they like to hit. The pathways were really a way to pack as many portrait sessions into MK as possible while avoiding construction.

Thank you both! Carrie you are like a celebrity to me. Currently, I do a lot of commuting and your podcasts are my saving grace. I also have ordered your book... Our wedding is still a ways away, we have a state move and house buying before it happens but never too early to start planning!

I know it would be a very long day and chance of stains/dirt is high but it is something I have always dreamed of!

I am considering doing a Hollywood Studio shoot rather than Epcot. Are there currently pathways set up for that park? Carrie, your anniversary wedding shoot was phenomenal. Absolutely jaw dropping. We will see what happens with construction and changes over the next few years though to see if it is still something we will want.
:chat: The more time to plan the better! You can work through the details and make your day just as you envisioned. I love Disney and when we got engaged and decided to have an actual wedding, including Disney in our plans was the only option for me. We've been planning non-stop since last August and as it gets closer the Magic keeps growing. Luckily, while Anthony is not as 'Disney' as me (he is not into all the rides- so I have been showing him the world of other things to do), he has been onboard with all the planning and is happy to see me happy. So, enjoy your planning, I have loved every minute of it and can tell you from my own research that there are a myriad of options for every budget, style, and taste. You can get LOST online for days if you type "Disney Wedding".

Yes, those long days will be worth it! I am taking my vitamins now- lol!

I know the MK-Epcot shoot can be done on the same day because Epcot opens later, but when you're ready to book- if you're doing two parks, you'll want to find out about which parks can be done on the same day. I originally wanted Animal Kingdom and MK, but it would have meant two separate days of shooting and that wasn't happening.

Wow! Thanks for the kind words—I'm so glad you're enjoying the podcasts! :goodvibes

:worship:Yes, we have started referring to Carrie as "the Disney Wedding Guru" in our household, whenever there is new information to share or discuss that came from your book, podcast, and blogs. Your fingerprint is literally on my wedding. I do not think that I am alone in this- there are others! BTW- when Disney Fine Arts asked where I heard of their service, I told them your podcast- b/c I didn't know I could book it until listening to your session with Stephanie. So thanks bunches for all you do for us brides to be (and dreamers)!!

Just so you know if you want to do MK and DHS you have to do them on two different dates... Ask me how thrilled my fiancé is about getting up at 3am for my hair and makeup two days in a row, lol!

Yes you can do Epcot and MK in one day because you do it at World Showcase which opens later so you can be in there when the front of the park opens but World Showcase is still closed.

Morning!
My fiancé proposed on Easter at 1:30 am (EMH) in front of Cinderella's castle!! I was SO shocked and excited!!

Flash forward to only 1.5 weeks later and our plans are already made! My fiancé and I are getting married in December on the Wonder. SOO excited! We are then going to do a Disneymoon on the Wonder in January (different itinerary). When I inquired about dates this morning (and I SPECIFICALLY asked about having a photoshoot even a year later) for a MK photoshoot because technically we will be married Dec of 2015 and then honeymooning in Jan of 2016- this was the response I was given:

"Since you are having a DCL Wedding, you can schedule the session within a year from your wedding date. After that time, you can still schedule a session with us, but you can only schedule 4 months in advance. The deposit is $25 non-refundable due at the time of booking and the balance is charged 7-10 days before your session."

Hope that this helps! Congrats to all of my fellow Disbrides!

How far out exactly can you book the photo shoot? We are looking at August 2017 for dftw and want to do a MK shoot also.

The word waiting list scares me... :sad2:

If you are having a Disney wedding, you can book 1 year out. Otherwise, you can book 45 days out. The waiting list was instituted when Disney Photography was waiting to hear whether they'd be allowed to do the shoots in the Magic Kingdom this year. It's not a normal occurrence, and by 2017 all the construction that caused the uncertainty in 2014/2015 will be done.

Do you think they will go back to offer front of the castle again once the hub is done?

And lastly, I plan to use an outside photographer but they are "partnered" with Disney photography, sortve like randy chapman that many mention on here.... So this place me on a different position of when I can book or do this???

If you are having a Disney wedding, you can book 1 year out. Otherwise, you can book 45 days out. The waiting list was instituted when Disney Photography was waiting to hear whether they'd be allowed to do the shoots in the Magic Kingdom this year. It's not a normal occurrence, and by 2017 all the construction that caused the uncertainty in 2014/2015 will be done.

Thank you for clearing that up, your too good to us on here! :)

Do you think they will go back to offer front of the castle again once the hub is done?

It depends on what the park will let DFAP do, but I don't see why not!

And lastly, I plan to use an outside photographer but they are "partnered" with Disney photography, sortve like randy chapman that many mention on here.... So this place me on a different position of when I can book or do this???

Only Disney employees are affiliated with Disney Fine Art Photography, and DFAP doesn't let them work Disney weddings as outside photographers. I'm wondering what they mean by "partnered"... There are outside photographers who USED to work for Disney, but choosing one of them will not change when you can book the Magic Kingdom photo shoot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter