Magic Kingdom Closing at 4:30 on 5/3

5/3 was going to be our one day in MK for our once in a lifetime trip! 😭
Now I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to go the day before if it’s going to be packed.
I did figure the entire week would be packed though, We are going for cheer Summit. We do get park hoppers so I guess we can still hop after 4:30 and go to another park. What a bummer though.

5/3 was going to be our one day in MK for our once in a lifetime trip! 😭
Now I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to go the day before if it’s going to be packed.
I did figure the entire week would be packed though, We are going for cheer Summit. We do get park hoppers so I guess we can still hop after 4:30 and go to another park. What a bummer though.
If you want to see the fireworks, hop to the MK on your AK day (if you have one). AK is not usually a full day park. May 3 should be a great day at MK because like other posters have said, most people on vacation will go to other parks that day when they see it's closing early.

they are rescheduling the cast member service celebration events that didn’t happen in 2020 and 2021. Originally scheduled for January and February but were again postponed because of weather. They will now be May 3 and 15.

Surprised there is one on May 15 since that's a Sunday.

Disney hasn't made hours available for the 15th yet but WDWMagic says that will be the date for the rescheduled 2021 cast service celebration. They were right about the 3rd so they might also be right about the 15th.

For people that go all the time, that's great. A lot of people forget, though, that, for many, WDW is a once in a lifetime trip. I'm sure parents of the 5 and 7 year old kids, on a 3-4 day visit to WDW, that chose that day for their MK Park reservation, and have ADRs in the other parks on the other days, probably don't have as positive of an outlook about the change.

They've been announcing it before ADR windows open for those dates and while there's still plenty of time/availability to switch park reservations around. Unless someone has a REALLY long trip, their ADR window wouldn't have opened before Disney made this announcement.

Disney hasn't made hours available for the 15th yet but WDWMagic says that will be the date for the rescheduled 2021 cast service celebration. They were right about the 3rd so they might also be right about the 15th.

The previous two attempts were both Tuesdays (Jan. 25 and Feb. 8), as is May 3. Not doubting WDWMagic, it's just curious Disney would close MK at 4:30 on a weekend.

When these events happen, does anyone know when the last dining will be available in the park? Like for Be Our Guest?

When these events happen, does anyone know when the last dining will be available in the park? Like for Be Our Guest?
I would guess it would be around 3pm for table serves like Be Our Guest. so workers could be done with clean up and could attend if on the list

I hope that this doesn’t backfire and the early close day doesn’t end up packed. That would be miserable.

Will the 5/15 affect other parks? We're planning Epcot that day and I wonder if a lot of people will hop over there after MK closes.

That seems like a really early closing time for one of the parks at that time of the year. Anyone know why that's the case?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter