Magic Kingdom closing early Monday December 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This changes everything. :( I have no idea when we’re going to do HEA now since MK closes early December 1, 2, and 3. Grrr

We ended up switching our dates. It was either this or brave the last week of Food and Wine. We chose Food and Wine.

I think it is crazy to tie up 5 nights at the MK. My other issue was that the Saturday of that week is Pop Warner as well. We were there that Saturday last year and MK was slammed. It would be even worse this year with MK only being open late 2 days that week.

My issue is sandwiching it between two party days. They should have had at least one normal day in between imho. We’re not late night people, so I was really looking forward to the 9 pm HEA. Now I have to stay until 10 pm or miss it. First world problems, I know.

My thoughts exactly.

5 months ago when we booked the room, I knew there would be parties,....didn't know when or how many , but there would be parties at least 3 nights. Knew nothing about staff parties. To close early, 5 nights out of 7 is way to much.

But it's the old disney logic, to get the DVC room you want, you need to book at 11 months, and by the time the calender comes out , if you want to move the date or resort, you are usually sunk.

By the way, the reason we pick THIS week, older kids have off a couple of days so it's easier to pull out of school.

Last edited:
You can either:
- go with the flow, vacation when you want to vacation and do your best to see as much as you plan to see. Maybe even attend one of the parties and maybe miss HEA.
- change your vacation days
- or let it fester and bother you.

I would look at the bright side. Lower crowds and the like.

I went this time twice. It was a great day to be at MK. Hop somewhere else for or after a resort dinner or make it an early night back.

There were also only 2 nights to see HEA in a 10 day trip. I went 1 of the 2 nights. I ended up seeing it both nights. Even with hub to capacity they literally wouldn’t let anyone else in, we saw HEA perfectly without any upcharged events. You should be thankful you are a planner. Some people might not know and they would miss HEA. But you know, so now you can plan accordingly.

CMs want an end of year party too. I don’t see any reason why they shouldn’t have it.

CMs want an end of year party too.
They probably do but they don't get one. Just for context, this party is put on by the Disney Company to show their appreciation to only those CMs who are celebrating their 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th etc, milestone anniversary. The vast majority of new and veteran CMs are not invited.
Considering Disney makes us plan so far in advance, it would be tremendously helpful and courteous if they would give us the info we need to plan when we have to plan.
The date was posted fairly early. Other than the date and time what would you like to know?

They probably do but they don't get one. Just for context, this party is put on by the Disney Company to show their appreciation to only those CMs who are celebrating their 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th etc, milestone anniversary. The vast majority of new and veteran CMs are not invited.
The date was posted fairly early. Other than the date and time what would you like to know?

Do you if this is the first time it's been in Dec? This is the time we often vacation and I don't remember running into it before.

From the CM I spoke to , I thought it was 10 or more years. Wonder how the other CMs feels having to work the party. Just another day to work....doesn't matter guests or CM?

Do you if this is the first time it's been in Dec? This is the time we often vacation and I don't remember running into it before.
The CM party had traditionally been held in DHS until construction began on the 2 new lands.

Corporations and Kardashians buy-out Disney Parks for special events. This is a corporate buy-out to honor CMs and the notice is posted as soon as the date is chosen.

The CM party had traditionally been held in DHS until construction began on the 2 new lands.

Corporations and Kardashians buy-out Disney Parks for special events. This is a corporate buy-out to honor CMs and the notice is posted as soon as the date is chosen.

You are both total vets and are very knowledgable, however, please know, this date is not posted on the WDW website where the vast majority of guests get their info. Perhaps the date and time were posted internally for WDW employees, but it certainly hasn't been posted on any official WDW general public site. Except for the announcement of the MVMCP parties, December park hours have not been posted yet. The only place people are finding this info is looking at places like UT, KtP, digging through threads on the DIS, etc. Heck, even wdwinfo (this very site) has it wrong as their projected MK hours for that day are 8 am - 7 pm. For many who have booked their vacation that week, their 180+10 ADR window has already opened and, other than the poster on the DIS who started a thread asking why he couldn't book dinner at CRT that day, most would have zero clue this is happening on Dec. 2 and would, rightfully, IMHO, assume HEA is happening that night based on historic precedent. Can WDW change their park hours whenever they want? Of course! But when you are planning a vacation more than 180 days out and trying to put this huge puzzle of rides, attractions, nighttime shows together with MVMCP dates thrown in, I could see how this will throw many people for a loop and could cause a lot of glitches in schedules because people have already scheduled HEA for themselves that night. I, personally, would love for WDW to release park hours as 180+10 windows open. It would cut the guessing down and people could plan with a lot less stress.

You are both total vets and are very knowledgable, however, please know, this date is not posted on the WDW website where the vast majority of guests get their info. Perhaps the date and time were posted internally for WDW employees, but it certainly hasn't been posted on any official WDW general public site. Except for the announcement of the MVMCP parties, December park hours have not been posted yet. The only place people are finding this info is looking at places like UT, KtP, digging through threads on the DIS, etc. Heck, even wdwinfo (this very site) has it wrong as their projected MK hours for that day are 8 am - 7 pm. For many who have booked their vacation that week, their 180+10 ADR window has already opened and, other than the poster on the DIS who started a thread asking why he couldn't book dinner at CRT that day, most would have zero clue this is happening on Dec. 2 and would, rightfully, IMHO, assume HEA is happening that night based on historic precedent. Can WDW change their park hours whenever they want? Of course! But when you are planning a vacation more than 180 days out and trying to put this huge puzzle of rides, attractions, nighttime shows together with MVMCP dates thrown in, I could see how this will throw many people for a loop and could cause a lot of glitches in schedules because people have already scheduled HEA for themselves that night. I, personally, would love for WDW to release park hours as 180+10 windows open. It would cut the guessing down and people could plan with a lot less stress.
I agree with you!

My CM friend, a performer and coordinator for Events, would inform me as soon as the CM Celebration dates were known and they’d at least be posted here on TPAS and the Happy Dance Board. In recent years, dates were known and posted here as early as February giving DISers notice 9 months in advance.

The other dates that are still unknown are the ABC Disney Holiday Celebrations taping schedule. Those dates will go over just as well as this 1 night Celebration. 🤨

We ended up switching our dates. It was either this or brave the last week of Food and Wine. We chose Food and Wine.

I think it is crazy to tie up 5 nights at the MK. My other issue was that the Saturday of that week is Pop Warner as well. We were there that Saturday last year and MK was slammed. It would be even worse this year with MK only being open late 2 days that week.

Which day is Pop Warner?! 😱 I need to check my plans again...

I agree with you!

My CM friend, a performer and coordinator for Events, would inform me as soon as the CM Celebration dates were known and they’d at least be posted here on TPAS and the Happy Dance Board. In recent years, dates were known and posted here as early as February giving DISers notice 9 months in advance.

The other dates that are still unknown are the ABC Disney Holiday Celebrations taping schedule. Those dates will go over just as well as this 1 night Celebration. 🤨

Oh wow! Yes, I forgot about that! Ugh!

I had sent an email saying I was disappointed with all those nights plus the the CM party. I just got a phone call from disney. CM was very nice , but after expressing my disappointment. Gosh darn, so many people want to go to the parties, disney HAD to add more nights for them.

MommaBerd, I hope you're right. I know the parties aren't new, but that CM party is like adding salt to the wound.
God forbid they put out these rarer characters for everyone and just keep the parks open later. I think it's time to find another way. Maybe turn the stitch building into a private, upcharge, rare character meet n greet instead of the parties. Holiday fireworks for everyone. It's not like the parties are any less crowded than regular days anymore. So only advantage to them is meeting the rare characters. Do the DAH one day a week and on other days just offer the up charge meet n greet. They'd still get their extra money and everyone would be able to enjoy the parks.

For many who have booked their vacation that week, their 180+10 ADR window has already opened and, other than the poster on the DIS who started a thread asking why he couldn't book dinner at CRT that day, most would have zero clue this is happening on Dec. 2 and would, rightfully, IMHO, assume HEA is happening that night based on historic precedent.

That was me, and that’s exactly what happened. Lol And I’m not a newbie. Based on last year’s hours we were planning CRT for dinner and the dessert party for HEA.
This “not releasing hours until 180 days” sucks. I remember when we’d, at the very least, get the full month released to TAs, who’d then share it.

Maybe I'm missing something here...?

If it's really THAT big of a deal, and people are thinking of changing their weeks of vacation and complaining about having minimal choice for nights at MK due to the MVMCP party being in the way, then WHY NOT JUST GO TO MVMCP?

It seems like it would be cheaper (for me anyway) to pay extra to go to the party, than completely change my entire vacation schedule around them.

I realize that the parties are debatable as to how "worth it" that they are, but if it comes down to being pissed off at Disney and/or not going to MK, versus just going to MVMCP to experience MK at night, then it would be a no-brainer to me...

Maybe I'm missing something here...?

If it's really THAT big of a deal, and people are thinking of changing their weeks of vacation and complaining about having minimal choice for nights at MK due to the MVMCP party being in the way, then WHY NOT JUST GO TO MVMCP?

It seems like it would be cheaper (for me anyway) to pay extra to go to the party, than completely change my entire vacation schedule around them.

I realize that the parties are debatable as to how "worth it" that they are, but if it comes down to being pissed off at Disney and/or not going to MK, versus just going to MVMCP to experience MK at night, then it would be a no-brainer to me...

I think they want to see HEA and are not happy that it's only 1 night of their trip week.

I think they want to see HEA and are not happy that it's only 1 night of their trip week.

Well yes, that makes sense, but still...

You could easily park hop to MK on that one night for HEA, and then do the party on a different night to take in the castle lights (which was another complaint on this thread). How many nights do you need to watch HEA in a single Disney trip?

Do you if this is the first time it's been in Dec?
Never really paid attention to the month until last year's party
From the CM I spoke to
Up until 6 months ago I was very, very close to a knucklehead CM.
I thought it was 10 or more years.
It's a minimum of ten years but it has to be a milestone year, IE, 10, 15, 20, etc.
Wonder how the other CMs feels having to work the party. Just another day to work....doesn't matter guests or CM?
I think it does matter. Seems like the CMs working the event really pulled out all the stops for fellow CMs. It's a fun event to work and the CMs I know that worked it, all wanted to be there. It's very special night for everyone, the electricity is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter