Magic Kingdom closing early Monday December 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool. Thanks. I was thinking about watching them from outside the park that night. I assume they might be around 2100.

I tend to roll my eyes at the “Disney makes us Plan in advance” stuff. This is in DECEMBER. There are months and months and months of notice.

And before someone saying “they make people book dining 180 days!” – they don’t. They give people the option to do that. I’ve literally NEVER made an ADR in my entire life going to WDW and had a perfectly lovely time. A requirement it is not.

Maybe I'm missing something here...?

If it's really THAT big of a deal, and people are thinking of changing their weeks of vacation and complaining about having minimal choice for nights at MK due to the MVMCP party being in the way, then WHY NOT JUST GO TO MVMCP?

It seems like it would be cheaper (for me anyway) to pay extra to go to the party, than completely change my entire vacation schedule around them.

I realize that the parties are debatable as to how "worth it" that they are, but if it comes down to being pissed off at Disney and/or not going to MK, versus just going to MVMCP to experience MK at night, then it would be a no-brainer to me...

You can't see HEA during the party and, with the current schedule, it now won't be shown on Dec. 1, 2 and 3. Problem is, IMHO, only people who are on boards like these (and scour for information) or happened to see it mentioned on another board or in places like the UT or KtP websites will assume HEA is playing on non-party nights (which includes Dec. 2) and will plan out their whole trips accordingly. If you've planned a DHS day for, say, Dec. 4 and an EP day, for Dec. 5 and have now made ADR's (because those ADR's just opened for 180+10 eligible guests) or planned other days around seeing HEA on Dec. 2, you will now have to go back to the drawing board and completely re-configure things. It becomes a major pain. For some people, shelling out additional $100's to attend MVMCP isn't something they can do. Seeing HEA is already included in the cost of admission and, IMHO, Holiday Wishes doesn't hold a candle to HEA so it's not a good substitute.

I tend to roll my eyes at the “Disney makes us Plan in advance” stuff. This is in DECEMBER. There are months and months and months of notice.

And before someone saying “they make people book dining 180 days!” – they don’t. They give people the option to do that. I’ve literally NEVER made an ADR in my entire life going to WDW and had a perfectly lovely time. A requirement it is not.

As already stated, this party date and time has not been released to the general public yet, so, no official notice has been given to anyone. The vast majority of guests going during this timeframe have zero clue MK is closing at 4:30 pm that night. No, no one is REQUIRED to book dining 180 in advance, but when people are already planning park days around hard-to-get ADR's and then they discover they have to throw plans out the window for something quite unexpected, it's a pain and can be very stressful. As I stated before, it would be a lot less stressful if WDW would release park hours prior to ADR windows opening so people have the information to make solid decisions regarding park touring and dining. And, I'll guess we'll have to agree to disagree, but there are certain restaurants that definitely require ADR's. I planned a trip for a large group last November and with a CRT birthday lunch, Chef Mickey's and 'Ohana on the wish list, I had to make ADR's as soon as the dining window opened. Did I "have to"? Yes, if we wanted to eat there!

You can't see HEA during the party and, with the current schedule, it now won't be shown on Dec. 1, 2 and 3. Problem is, IMHO, only people who are on boards like these (and scour for information) or happened to see it mentioned on another board or in places like the UT or KtP websites will assume HEA is playing on non-party nights (which includes Dec. 2) and will plan out their whole trips accordingly. If you've planned a DHS day for, say, Dec. 4 and an EP day, for Dec. 5 and have now made ADR's (because those ADR's just opened for 180+10 eligible guests) or planned other days around seeing HEA on Dec. 2, you will now have to go back to the drawing board and completely re-configure things. It becomes a major pain. For some people, shelling out additional $100's to attend MVMCP isn't something they can do. Seeing HEA is already included in the cost of admission and, IMHO, Holiday Wishes doesn't hold a candle to HEA so it's not a good substitute.

Apparently there’s a new show debuting this year for MVMCP.

They probably do but they don't get one. Just for context, this party is put on by the Disney Company to show their appreciation to only those CMs who are celebrating their 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th etc, milestone anniversary. The vast majority of new and veteran CMs are not invited.
The date was posted fairly early. Other than the date and time what would you like to know?
Yes. That had been stated. I didn’t think I needed to restate the parameters of the discussion.

As already stated, this party date and time has not been released to the general public yet, so, no official notice has been given to anyone. The vast majority of guests going during this timeframe have zero clue MK is closing at 4:30 pm that night. No, no one is REQUIRED to book dining 180 in advance, but when people are already planning park days around hard-to-get ADR's and then they discover they have to throw plans out the window for something quite unexpected, it's a pain and can be very stressful. As I stated before, it would be a lot less stressful if WDW would release park hours prior to ADR windows opening so people have the information to make solid decisions regarding park touring and dining. And, I'll guess we'll have to agree to disagree, but there are certain restaurants that definitely require ADR's. I planned a trip for a large group last November and with a CRT birthday lunch, Chef Mickey's and 'Ohana on the wish list, I had to make ADR's as soon as the dining window opened. Did I "have to"? Yes, if we wanted to eat there!
If it’s any consolation even though Disney hasn’t released this yet there won’t be ADRs available for after 4:30 in MK once that date opens up.

So in its own way Disney is making sure no one makes plans and then has to change them.

Also just as people use this site as a resource I highly recommmend they use others as well. Touring plans has this info.

A lot of people aren’t planners and just won’t care. They could know 90 days in advance but don’t pay attention until 14 days or not at all. I know plenty of people who go to Disney this way and love it.

Us type A planners have to use other resources besides Disney to accomplish our goals. We are vocal but most likely not the majority.

If it’s any consolation even though Disney hasn’t released this yet there won’t be ADRs available for after 4:30 in MK once that date opens up.

So in its own way Disney is making sure no one makes plans and then has to change them.

Also just as people use this site as a resource I highly recommmend they use others as well. Touring plans has this info.

A lot of people aren’t planners and just won’t care. They could know 90 days in advance but don’t pay attention until 14 days or not at all. I know plenty of people who go to Disney this way and love it.

Us type A planners have to use other resources besides Disney to accomplish our goals. We are vocal but most likely not the majority.

Yes, the lack of ADR's past 4:30 pm will, hopefully, be a clue to some trying to make plans. Others, who weren't planning on eating in MK that day, but still think HEA will be showing are in for a shock.

Oh, I've seen people having conniption fits day-of when they were already in the park, never checked hours and then discovered it was a party night and had to leave "early" (in quotes as it's really park closing time, but they think it's too early as, well, they never checked the hours). Not pretty.

When I'm traveling with my own family, we couldn't care less. I would happily go on Dec. 2 as the day crowds will probably be incredibly low and we don't need to see HEA every trip. When we travel with friends or extended family, something like this could definitely put a kink in our plans, however, I am totally type A to the point I know this is happening on Dec. 2 and I don't even have a trip planned that week, LOL!

Yes, the lack of ADR's past 4:30 pm will, hopefully, be a clue to some trying to make plans. Others, who weren't planning on eating in MK that day, but still think HEA will be showing are in for a shock.

Oh, I've seen people having conniption fits day-of when they were already in the park, never checked hours and then discovered it was a party night and had to leave "early" (in quotes as it's really park closing time, but they think it's too early as, well, they never checked the hours). Not pretty.

When I'm traveling with my own family, we couldn't care less. I would happily go on Dec. 2 as the day crowds will probably be incredibly low and we don't need to see HEA every trip. When we travel with friends or extended family, something like this could definitely put a kink in our plans, however, I am totally type A to the point I know this is happening on Dec. 2 and I don't even have a trip planned that week, LOL!

There will be so many threads about it between now and then...

Looks like it is still in rumor status, but I would be shocked if they didn’t update it.

And the lack of the phrase “Holiday Wishes” on things like the dessert party pages (like what happened with the MNSSHP ones which didn’t use the phrase “HalloWishes” as it had in the past) is telling....

Well yes, that makes sense, but still...

You could easily park hop to MK on that one night for HEA, and then do the party on a different night to take in the castle lights (which was another complaint on this thread). How many nights do you need to watch HEA in a single Disney trip?

Speaking from last year, when the CM party cuts out an HEA, on top of party nights that week, that single night you need to watch HEA is the single night everyone else needs too. The hub was a zoo. MK as a whole was as busy as I’ve ever seen it. This was a day or two after last year’s CM party.

I don’t begrudge that some CMs get this night, but the impact on guests is tangible.

I know it's hard to plan when MK closes early for parties, but I think it's great that Disney does this for CMs celebrating milestones :goodvibes It's one night a year and apparently the word is out six months in advance - that hardly seems unfair :confused3 If I knew six months in advance that the park would close early, I would plan a nice resort dinner.

We were there in 2017 during the week of the CM party. Fortunately we had MVMCP tickets, so we didn’t miss much. I do believe that the CM’s deserve a special party, and I think it would be nice if it was planned sometime that was NOT during the hard ticket party season. We made it work. We actually went to MK the morning of the party and it was mild crowds. We’re Park hoppers so again, it worked for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter