• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Magic Kingdom Sketch Swap~CLOSED

We'll miss you Rachal!

I will be sending my info out this weekend. Please reply with yours. I will also post a list of required check-in dates.

Thank you again for signing up, this is going to be one great swap!

We'll miss you Rachal!

I will be sending my info out this weekend. Please reply with yours. I will also post a list of required check-in dates.

Thank you again for signing up, this is going to be one great swap!

:goodvibes Im gonna lurk.. haha. Then maybe if things settle down get in on the next one :)

found my extra paper I needed to work on my tiki pages...hope they come out like I have in my head :rotfl2:

found my extra paper I needed to work on my tiki pages...hope they come out like I have in my head :rotfl2:

Hope it looks like you want it to ;)

I would like us to think a little more about the not adhering anything to the 2nd page. If I were to use sketch like this ( I know it doesn't technically fit the requirements for this swap)

page-maps-sketch1.jpg

wouldn't you want all the background layers glued down and just the photo mats/embellishments loose?

Just a thought

Victoria

I had an extremely busy day yesterday. Once in a while, my boss gets in an organizing mood and I end up sitting at my desk for hours while he goes though stuff and I label it...By far my least favorite chore. Yesterday was one of those days. After spending 2 hours dealing with *that* I had all the *work* he wanted done too. Wheeeeeeeeeee!

Anyhow...Looking at this sketch (which doesn't meet the requirements), I would think that I would like the pieces glued down, but like Danielle said, it comes down to where to draw the line. As a matter of consistency, I would prefer that the second page not be glued down, regardless of the sketch. You will be including a copy of your the sketches you used in your 2-gallon baggie, so everyone will know what it is "supposed" to look like when they get it back.

I made a prototype Belle yesterday. It's my first time making people with my cricut. Any advice on assembling faces? The eyes and mouth are just so small that I'm just not sure the best way to get them together properly. Otherwise, she looks great.

Victoria

Those princesses can be rather a pain unless you cut them BIG! Or, give up on the eyes and use pens to finish them. Can't wait to see!

I second Jennifer's thoughts on the princesses.... OMG! Unless they are big they are a pain!!

Jennifer, Can we put all 4 of our sketches on one page and make sure they are labeled clearly??? I think on mine I'm going to add the papers I used under each sketch JUST in case you have more photos and want to make additional pages... Is that okay??

Ok, back to chores... I'm debating on changing one of my sketches... but I have to do chores before I can deal with that...

By clearly labeled, do you mean which sketch was used for which page? Or, do you mean make sure all the measurements are listed?

I've PMed everyone my info, please reply with your own and take a moment to look over the post with the check-ins/players to confirm I have you down correctly.

Thanks again for joining this swap, I'm really looking forward to seeing all your amazing work!

by groups are good...pming you

looking forward to getting started!

By clearly labeled, do you mean which sketch was used for which page? Or, do you mean make sure all the measurements are listed?

I've PMed everyone my info, please reply with your own and take a moment to look over the post with the check-ins/players to confirm I have you down correctly.

Thanks again for joining this swap, I'm really looking forward to seeing all your amazing work!

I just meaned which sketch was used for which page... :)

PM'd my info back!

Saw the update in RED on the OP... will make note to include all measurements and supplies under each sketch! :)

All my groups are good!!!

My group looks great! I PM'd my info.

So, I need advice on how to get started. Any advice. This is my first page sketch swap. I am excited to get started but not sure how best to begin. I've picked my sketches already from the link Jennifer posted.

my groups are good, PM sent.

Stephanie, I usually choose a sketch, then decide on colors, title, and embellies to fit with the sketch. Then I usually cut everything, backgrounds, mats, titles, ect and then assemble. Hope that helps!

My groups look good and pm'd my info already! Hope to get started next week while on vacation in the snow (or hoping there is some snow!)

My group looks great! I PM'd my info.

So, I need advice on how to get started. Any advice. This is my first page sketch swap. I am excited to get started but not sure how best to begin. I've picked my sketches already from the link Jennifer posted.

Yep, I do it like Cassey too. First off, don't worry, you'll do just fine! If you're worried or anxious about something, ask! Not that I'm an expert, but between the 12 of us, we'll figure it out ;)

Thanks for all the check-ins!

Have fun!

Sent you a PM and my groups look good. Found my sketches over the weekend and am in the process of picking papers. Think I will work on Dumbo first. It's rare that I get to use pink on a page....with all the boys in my house. Going to go with a pink and grey color scheme.

Sent you a PM and my groups look good. Found my sketches over the weekend and am in the process of picking papers. Think I will work on Dumbo first. It's rare that I get to use pink on a page....with all the boys in my house. Going to go with a pink and grey color scheme.

Can't wait to see it!

I do as the others...

Pick my sketch/colors.. pull papers/order papers, pick title, embellishments....
Then I cut everything first and then assemble...

So, speaking of that... I need to order my Adventureland pages... I won't assemble till my big order arrives of Bazzill paper! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter