Magic Kingdom Sketch Swap~CLOSED

Looks like I'll be taking 35, Astro Orbiter, 40, Space Mountain, 42, Tommorrowland Transit Authority, and 45, Snacktime. I'll have to read everything before this another time.

VickiV

Vicki, if there's anything else you'd like, everyone is more than willing to trade, just let me know.

Jennifer.. was just thinking...
Let's say... the sketch you select has a long rectangle box that is 3x12.... and the photos are over top of it near the top... but the journaling is lined on the rectangle box... but it's on page 2; non attached..... do you want us to put the lines on the rectangle still... I'll find an example...

I need a visual :)

Jennifer, I added my example above for clarification.. just want to make sure.. I've got lots of ideas..and this one was a consideration for an option if Vicki V asks for a trade with me...

Jennifer.. was just thinking...
Let's say... the sketch you select has a long rectangle box that is 3x12.... and the photos are over top of it near the top... but the journaling is lined on the rectangle box... but it's on page 2; non attached..... do you want us to put the lines on the rectangle still... I'll find an example...

sketchjournalexample_zps2243d547.jpg

I would say no, because I may want to turn it to the right.

That's what I wanted confirmed.... so it's okay to use that area as a journal box requirement, just don't add the lines... Gotcha! :)

I have to finish another swap before getting started with this one. I'm guessing I'll be starting this one in December.

Thanks for answering my questions

As for the font, I don't care if it matches the ride font.
Ride name doesn't need to be written as long as I can tell what it's for. I think that I prefer that over
the real ride name for alot of the attractions.

Vicky if you want anything I have, I'll be more then happy to switch.

I'll keep what I have. I'm the last one here. I don't expect any special treatment. I appreciate you thinking of me.

I must say though, you ladies are just a bit nuts! This was funny to read though all at one time from the beginning. You got a lot accomplished in a short period of time.

VickiV

It was a little crazy, but I think I kept my head.

Since you were unable to choose based on the full list, I think everyone wanted to give you an option, not so much special treatment!

I'll update the first post when I get to a computer later today, but we are full and closed!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I would like us to think a little more about the not adhering anything to the 2nd page. If I were to use sketch like this ( I know it doesn't technically fit the requirements for this swap)

page-maps-sketch1.jpg

wouldn't you want all the background layers glued down and just the photo mats/embellishments loose?

Just a thought

Victoria

I would like us to think a little more about the not adhering anything to the 2nd page. If I were to use sketch like this ( I know it doesn't technically fit the requirements for this swap)

page-maps-sketch1.jpg

wouldn't you want all the background layers glued down and just the photo mats/embellishments loose?

Just a thought

Victoria

my thought on doing a partical glue down is what if the PM covered up part of the embellishments if you switched the direction?

will see what our Hostess with the mostess has to say!

Vicki, happy you like your groups! can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!!!
It was a fun couple of days getting this all figured out! just think we get to do it 3 more times :cheer2:

Vicki, glad you are happy with your groups!

I sketched and planned a bit last night, even DH got in on it.:rotfl2:

my thought on doing a partical glue down is what if the PM covered up part of the embellishments if you switched the direction?

will see what our Hostess with the mostess has to say!

I think in the case of this example, wouldn't you want all the papers to line up in the background regardless of where you put your pictures? All embellishments and photo mats would be loose I'm just thinking the background papers should be adhered for consistency is cases where the paper is overlapping both sides. I will do whatever everyone thinks is best. Just wanted to put this out there as another option.

I think in the case of this example, wouldn't you want all the papers to line up in the background regardless of where you put your pictures? All embellishments and photo mats would be loose I'm just thinking the background papers should be adhered for consistency is cases where the paper is overlapping both sides. I will do whatever everyone thinks is best. Just wanted to put this out there as another option.

personally yes I would...but by not putting it all together, then you could add the embellishments after the fact and make the page work for your photos...which is why we are including photos of our sketches so we can see what it should look like and then we can tweak it as needed.

I think the overall problem is consistency. Which designs do you decide need to be partially glued down and which ones do you not want anything down? It's a matter of where we draw the line and who gets to decide? I think by saying that the second page having nothing being attached will allow everyone to not have to second-guess what we are doing. As long as we are careful when we cut to make sure that pieces line up correctly it shouldn't be too big of a problem to assemble them with a copy of the sketch.

I'll do a poll and we can do whatever the majority decides. I'd rather have the pieces loose so that when I get the page back, I can choose photos that fit best for the page, and then turn it however I want it.

In pages where the second page has photos that are Y x Y (where Y is the same number, i.e., 2x2, 3x3, 4x4), it doesn't matter if the pieces are glued down, because the photos will go both ways.

I was just referring to pieces that couldn't be rotated. So in the example above, the black strip across the top and the strip down the left side really wouldn't be rotated no matter what direction you change the photos. It seems easier to have all the background layers adhered ( since they can't be rotated) and then the embellishments and photo mats loose so you could play around with them but I see that others feel strongly that nothing should be adhered so I'm ok with that. I also see the point that some sketches might not be so cut and dry.

Victoria

Another problem we might run into is patterned paper that goes a certain way. I think leaving things unglued is the way to go.

I may need to go through and steal some sketches. Cant wait to see what you ladies come up with. It was soooo hard not to jump in and sign up yesterday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter