Magic Mountain Trip Reports?

If you squeeze your gut muscles and grunt while you do the loops you will keep the blood going to your brain and you will not have the "G" after effects. Riding hytech coaster demands abit more than being young and in shape. I am 63 and this coaster... it is a bit of a challenge.

The best,

Jack

If you squeeze your gut muscles and grunt while you do the loops you will keep the blood going to your brain and you will not have the "G" after effects. Riding hytech coaster demands abit more than being young and in shape. I am 63 and this coaster... it is a bit of a challenge.

The best,

Jack

Thanks, Jack. I did read that screaming is actually helpful... same reasoning. I just wish they wouldn't have made it so physically demanding as to be a scary proposition. For some, anyway.

The best,

Jack

Are you talking about Goliath because that ride doesn't have loops.:confused3 It doesn't go upside down.

i have some photos fromsix flags went last week!
I havent gone since 2000 and OMG I loved all the rides I though got the flash pass it helped alot with the lines cause when the park opened at 1030 theline for x2 was 60 min so we decided to get the flash pass and it made the park soo much fun and able to walk around.

I didnt get sick on any of the rides however the first time we went I got sick but it was due to me not eating at all there just for breakfast and nonstop riding :) I learned my lesson that day lol
well enjoy some pics.
deja vu from the middle
375.jpg

terminator salvation
372.jpg

tatsu LOVE the ride
368.jpg

x2
360.jpg

sorry if this is too many got plenty of others if you want them. :)

Great pics, thanks! It's good to get some feedback on the flashpass.. I was unsure if it was worth it... it's tempting though!

yea I so thought it wasnt worth it but after being in line for over an hr on x2 and then we were not even anywhere close to the ride they shut it down and we talked to a security guard and he said it is worth the money and so we went and got it and wow talk about a different experience with the flash pass we didnt have to worry about waiting forever and all. :)

yea I so thought it wasnt worth it but after being in line for over an hr on x2 and then we were not even anywhere close to the ride they shut it down and we talked to a security guard and he said it is worth the money and so we went and got it and wow talk about a different experience with the flash pass we didnt have to worry about waiting forever and all. :)

Nice! I think we will go for it.

UPDATE:

AMGIC MOUNTAIN SUCKS!

I SO should have gone to Disney for Christmas!

Instead.... we decided to try a "thrill" park and went to Magic Mountain... here's how it went:

out of the 8 "high thrill" roller coasters six of them were closed. There were 5 "moderate" rides and 3 of them were closed. So the park was dead but the people who were there were all in line for the same 4-5 rides and so the lines were long. It was totally lame

Most of the rides were closed because of high winds...which is acceptable... providing it was true. Tatsu was open and I have no idea what makes IT more safe than any of the other rides during high wind times. I just don't trust/believe them at all. ...

The thing that really chapped my hide was that two of the big thrill rides were being rehab'ed. Give me a break! Rehabing over Xmas break? I asked and they said, "well there aren't that many people here." SO WHAT?!! Are you telling me there are more people here on a Tuesday in Late January? Why on EARTH would you rehab during the only two weeks of winter where there ARE people here. I felt like Clark Freaking Griswald.

We should have gone to Disney. The bright side.... tickets were only $29 each. The rides we went on were pretty fun but it was just like being double punished. First no rides open, second the rides that are open have unusually long lines. They should have had every train available operating on the rides that were open but NOOOOOO they just sat there watching us all be miserable in 45 min waits for 4 rides. A-holes.

Not to mention the theme'ing there is just non-existant. We went there not expecting much as we knew better BUT when all the roller coasters are DOWN there's nothing else to notice besides the fact that they didn't even have up any Christmas lights or anything festive to appeal to the eye at all. They were selling their water bottles out of a cardboard BOX.. I kid you not. They were pacing around the rope drop with huge card board boxes with Sharpie pen writing on them... UNREAL. Blech, it was so annoying!

On the bright side, we managed to have a good time despite the setbacks. The trip and our Christmas was wonderful overall. I hope everybody else had a wonderful Christmas, too! :santa:

Sounds like you get very unlucky to be honest.

I visited on 13th December and had a very good experience. Yes there were rides down - Goliath, Superman, Revolution, Batman... Then again, there were also plenty of rides available as well and the queues for these were very short.

Unfortunately, because Magic Mountain is open all year round, there's always going to be some amount of rehab. I guess that because very few people visit in December and also in January, that this proves a very good time to do major rehabs like they are now (they're repainting some of the rides). It is unfortunate that this includes the Christmas week though, but I guess any other time would start creeping up on busier times.

Glad you had a good time regardless though - I certainly enjoyed my own time there and would go back at some point, although it's not quite the same as a visit to Disneyland ;)

I find it odd that people continue to try to compare other parks to Disneyland. I love Disney and I go there if thats what I want. Magic Mountain and many other parks around the country do not try to be Disney nor should they. I love Magic Mountain as well for a totally different experience. As for rides being down that does suck but I have been to Disneyland many times with numerous ride closures and breakdowns. I've been to California Adventure when TOT, CS, Soar'n and BT were all closed or broken down at the same time.

People seem to complain about ride closures and long lines at other parks but doesn't faze them to wait 45-60 minutes for a ride at Disneyland.

Christmas is a major time for Disneyland but not Magic Mountain. There will be larger crowds at MM over MLK and other winter school breaks than Christmas. Disneyland has had planned closures over Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends which I thought odd. Problem is they can't do the rehabs on all rides at the same time. Theres almost always something down at any given time.

Yes, "it" was true.

The last time I went to SFMM was a special event organized by "another" board, including ERT. People were fully aware that the weather forecast was not looking good - rain and wind. Nevertheless, several hundred paid in advance and hoped for the best. It was cold and wet, but closures were temporary and minimal.

SFMM has a large number of rides that simply cannot be operated safely in certain conditions. So, if you are planning to ride the coasters, (and admittedly, there's not much else to do) checking the weather forecast for Santa Clarita should be on your checklist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter