Thank you for doing this! We have our 10th anniversary trip coming in Sept plus family will be staying at a different resort that I can link with so we can all share pics, I love it!

I need to get a list going. LOL Will the party shot opportunities be updated once the parties start?

Thank you for doing this! We have our 10th anniversary trip coming in Sept plus family will be staying at a different resort that I can link with so we can all share pics, I love it!

What a wonderful time to be there Celebrating :love2: !!! Feel free to post your happiness!

I need to get a list going. LOL Will the party shot opportunities be updated once the parties start?

:woohoo: they will be! Disney does release some ahead of time. I'll also include photo props, video's like the Dancing Ghost anything photo related for MNSSHP will be updated, hope to see some new ones too!

If anyone finds a photographer at Epcot that can do the Spike the Honeybee magic shot, please let us know where it was. I walked all around World Showcase asking every photographer along the way if they could do it. None of them could. Finally one nice man let me know that they have to have a flower as a prop to get that magic shot. I never found anyone with a flower. So if you see this please let us know the location. Thank you in advance!

If anyone finds a photographer at Epcot that can do the Spike the Honeybee magic shot, please let us know where it was. I walked all around World Showcase asking every photographer along the way if they could do it. None of them could. Finally one nice man let me know that they have to have a flower as a prop to get that magic shot. I never found anyone with a flower. So if you see this please let us know the location. Thank you in advance!

Spike the Bee Magic Shot

Available from Disney PhotoPass photographers when stationed in World Showcase. You need to get a manager involved. They have walkie talkies or whatever and can communicate very easily to one another.

UPDATE:

Disney has added two new Magic Shots at Animal Kingdom

upload_2018-4-13_0-21-24.png
*Tiger Cubs Magic Shot
Available from any Disney PhotoPass photographer when stationed at Maharajah Jungle Trek area.

upload_2018-4-13_0-21-54.png

*Pua Magic Shot!
Available from select Disney PhotoPass photographers when stationed at Rafiki's Planet Watch.

No changes for Magic Kingdom, EPCOT or Hollywood Studios.

Question... two years ago when we went, we did not ask for magic shots and got tons, last year we asked and everyone kept saying sorry and we didn't have a lot. Has this happened to anyone else? Are you not supposed to ask?

Question... two years ago when we went, we did not ask for magic shots and got tons, last year we asked and everyone kept saying sorry and we didn't have a lot. Has this happened to anyone else? Are you not supposed to ask?

We were there in January and we asked and got lots. We kept getting Tinkerbell in over and over so finally I asked if they could do something different. I specifically asked for the balloon shot on Main Street and got 3 or 4 poses with balloons.

We also got several shots in various parks that didn't work. We are posing or holding our hands the way the photographer said but nothing magic appeared in the shot. When I asked a CM he said we could go to some photo services booth (??) and tell them and they could get it fixed. I didn't pay too much attention as to where since we weren't planning to try to get it resolved - just curious what went wrong. We were just testing it out in advance of our family trip next month. I'm glad I checked the photos on my phone throughout the day to see what we were getting.

Some photographers have lots of the same ones, and if there's a line they'll just snap a couple quickly. Last trip we found a photographer all alone in AK and he asked us which ones or poses we've done already so he could try to find something new for us. I believe if you're not a spot for a specific magic shot most just have the generic ones (which are still fun!).

We were there in January and we asked and got lots. We kept getting Tinkerbell in over and over so finally I asked if they could do something different. I specifically asked for the balloon shot on Main Street and got 3 or 4 poses with balloons.

We also got several shots in various parks that didn't work. We are posing or holding our hands the way the photographer said but nothing magic appeared in the shot. When I asked a CM he said we could go to some photo services booth (??) and tell them and they could get it fixed. I didn't pay too much attention as to where since we weren't planning to try to get it resolved - just curious what went wrong. We were just testing it out in advance of our family trip next month. I'm glad I checked the photos on my phone throughout the day to see what we were getting.

We've encountered the situation where all photos are NOT seen on phone app (Disney and Universal), but when we took the time to go to the fixit location (i only know where the one in epcot is...) all of the photos were there - sometimes on our account and sometimes not. Both Disney and Universal have told us that what you see on your phone isn't always up to date and to not rely on it. At both parks we've had very good luck getting 'missing' photos added. With universal, using the tech help on the website from home was WAY more helpful and quicker that dealing with the park personnel. With disney, getting things fixed before you leave is better and quicker. Checking on line (not the app) is the recommended way from both parks.

At least that has been our experience. And we always get photo passes for all of our trips. It's SO nice to have ALL of us in the photos!

Yes you are suppose to ask for them AND be very specific on which ones you want. All Magic Shots have names and locations like Lumiere Magic Shot - In front of Beast’s enchanted castle and Ship in a Bottle Magic Shot - In Adventureland.

Always ask a Photopass photographer if they've been trained to do MS because not all are. The more training a photographer has the more money they earn.

I also recommend finding where the Photopass Service locations are at each park. Some MS will not show up automatically or the image might be missing for various reasons and you can resolve these issues prior to leaving the park. You also have the option of waiting for it to magically appear in your account which may take up to 72 hours +/-.

If you still have any issues please contact:
disneyphotopass_support@disneyworld.com or 407-560-4300

I hope this helps, if you have any questions please post them. :-)

The big issue I have with Disney Photopass photographers not ALL of them mind you but certainly a majority of them, is the silly faces and/or expressions they "expect" you to make. Considering the fact I paid for this service whether it be the One Day Memory Maker $69.95 or the more expensive Memory Maker $169/$199 I should be able to make that decision for myself without snooty remarks from the photographers.

Heads Up!

Disney Photopass Studio is temporarily relocating to Mickey's Philharmagic at Magic Kingdom.

From April 16 to May 3, the Disney PhotoPass Studio inside of Castle Couture (located next to Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom Park) will undergo enhancements and temporarily relocate to the indoor FastPass+ queue of Mickey’s PhilharMagic. When the Disney PhotoPass Studio reopens in Castle Couture on May 4, there will be additional backdrop options, new props, and upgraded lighting.
upload_2018-4-15_21-40-10.png

Source: https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2018/04/disney-photopass-studio-temporarily.html

UPDATE:

Disney has added a new Magic Shot at Magic Kingdom!

View attachment 316388

Cheshire Cat Magic Shot
Available from any Disney PhotoPass photographer when stationed near Mad Tea Party. This is really cute!

I suspect this is one my daughter *might* have to get lol

Heads Up!

Disney Photopass Studio is temporarily relocating to Mickey's Philharmagic at Magic Kingdom.

From April 16 to May 3, the Disney PhotoPass Studio inside of Castle Couture (located next to Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom Park) will undergo enhancements and temporarily relocate to the indoor FastPass+ queue of Mickey’s PhilharMagic. When the Disney PhotoPass Studio reopens in Castle Couture on May 4, there will be additional backdrop options, new props, and upgraded lighting.
View attachment 316741

Source: https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2018/04/disney-photopass-studio-temporarily.html

10 trips to Disney World, probably around 100 odd days spent in the parks, and I had NO idea there was a PhotoPass Studio inside of Castle Couture, and I've been in there enough times that I should have seen it.

I suspect this is one my daughter *might* have to get lol

10 trips to Disney World, probably around 100 odd days spent in the parks, and I had NO idea there was a PhotoPass Studio inside of Castle Couture, and I've been in there enough times that I should have seen it.

I think most people overlook the Photopass booths too which are included with Photopass MM & One Day MM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter