The big issue I have with Disney Photopass photographers not ALL of them mind you but certainly a majority of them, is the silly faces and/or expressions they "expect" you to make. Considering the fact I paid for this service whether it be the One Day Memory Maker $69.95 or the more expensive Memory Maker $169/$199 I should be able to make that decision for myself without snooty remarks from the photographers.

UPDATE: I did reach out to Disney Photopass regarding ^ and here's what they had to say:

upload_2018-4-16_14-4-35.png

The issue was we've been using MM for years, made the silly faces, surprised expressions and did whatever the photographers suggested. Last year I wanted to make a Magic Shot Calendar for family, friends and co-workers without the silly stuff and was meet with resistance, rude remarks and missing photos - because they didn't take them! Yes, we called Photopass, they were able to add images but some photos simply did not exist. My husband is very laid back, gets along with everyone but this was bad even for him. $149 down the drain, that my friends is a hard pill to swallow!

EXPIRED
News

Tower of Terror Introduces New Lenticular Photo Experience...
upload_2018-4-17_20-36-48.png

It looks the same as Magic Kingdom's Momento Mori. Here's the scoop:

Tower Hotel Gifts at the exit to the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror in Disney’s Hollywood Studios has begun offering a fun, and slightly scary, new photo experience.

For $19.95 (plus tax), guests can now purchase an 8″x 10″ lenticular print that transforms them into their “spirited side.”

Visit the Tower Photo desk for more information and to purchase the personalized souvenir, but hurry because the new experience is only available for a limited time.

We did this on Oct 31, 2017 during MNSSHP with no wait. FUN!!!
upload_2018-4-17_20-43-45.png

Last edited:
UPDATE

Disney has added two more Magic Shots!

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
upload_2018-4-25_8-34-37.png
*Rizzo Magic Shot

Available from Disney PhotoPass photographers when stationed in Muppet Courtyard by the "You got the dough? We got the cheese!" wall.

ANIMAL KINGDOM
upload_2018-4-25_8-43-25.png

*Kevin Magic Shot
Available from Disney PhotoPass photographers when stationed in the following locations:
- Asia
- Discovery Island

*NOTE:
Please note that some locations may only be staffed intermittently by PhotoPass photographers. Be sure to ask a photographer for these Magic Shots!

Also note there are no changes to Magic Kingdom or Epcot.

Last edited:
UPDATE

Disney has added two more Magic Shots!

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
View attachment 319049
*Rizzo Magic Shot

Available from Disney PhotoPass photographers when stationed in Muppet Courtyard by the "You got the dough? We got the cheese!" wall.

ANIMAL KINGDOM
View attachment 319051

*Kevin Magic Shot
Available from Disney PhotoPass photographers when stationed in the following locations:
- Asia
- Discovery Island

*NOTE:
Please note that some locations may only be staffed intermittently by PhotoPass photographers. Be sure to ask a photographer for these Magic Shots!

Also note there are no changes to Magic Kingdom or Epcot.

Ahhh I love both of these!!!

Have you seen all the Magic Shots currently available on the Main Pages? So many are just too cute!

Oh I have! I actually have the link to this thread saved on my phone screen because I intend on standing in a lot of Memory Maker lines during my upcoming trip lol

Thanks so much for keeping track of all the magic shots! This thread is an invaluable source!

Oh I have! I actually have the link to this thread saved on my phone screen because I intend on standing in a lot of Memory Maker lines during my upcoming trip lol

Thanks so much for keeping track of all the magic shots! This thread is an invaluable source!

Your welcome buddy! Be sure to ask each photographer what Magic Shots they can do, many can and will take more than one! ;)

I suspect this is one my daughter *might* have to get lol
10 trips to Disney World, probably around 100 odd days spent in the parks, and I had NO idea there was a PhotoPass Studio inside of Castle Couture, and I've been in there enough times that I should have seen it.

I feel silly asking, but is this open to anyone or just BBB customers? I'd love to try it out.

I feel silly asking, but is this open to anyone or just BBB customers? I'd love to try it out.

It has nothing to do with BBB, this is a separate entity. It's open to everyone and it's a Souvenir Boutique with Photopass. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique pictures can be taken at the Dressmaker Workshop, family-style portraits are also available here.

Here's WDW link:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/shops/magic-kingdom/castle-couture/

Please see: Post #278 as the location has changed.

Here's a video:

How long does everyone find them standing in line for these? Just curious how much time to allot in our plans

How long does everyone find them standing in line for these? Just curious how much time to allot in our plans

For Magic Shots? It depends on what park you're in and when you go. I've waited 15 minutes to zero but during a special event like MNSSHP you can wait about 20-30 minutes depending on what photo you're after or wait until the end of the night for the lowest wait.

NEW

Disney Photopass has added a new location for Pua Magic Shot! at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and select Discovery Island locations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

upload_2018-5-16_23-45-42.png

First time I've seen them do these at a resort. :-) The link states SIX new Magic Shots however these are not new Disney just added a resort and expanded this MS to include Discovery Island locations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

LINK: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ts-now-available-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Last edited:
Do they do special Magic Shots for Star Wars Galactic Nights? We would love to do smae. Any help would be appreciated.

This is amazing thanks for this post! Question for a friend who is just going for 2 days. Can she buy 2 daily photo passes? She was worried about spending $170 for the 2 days and if she did 2 daily passes she can save a little

Do they do special Magic Shots for Star Wars Galactic Nights? We would love to do smae. Any help would be appreciated.

I found this to be helpful. It shows pictures of all the magic shots you can get and where
https://www.facebook.com/pg/DisneyPhotoPass/photos/?tab=albums

If they do, we should see a Special Event article from Disney Parks Blog then it will be added here. Currently there is only one, Darth Vader Magic Shot available from the Disney PhotoPass photographer when stationed near Star Tours – The Adventures Continue and can be seen here: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-shots-current-listings.3619546/#post-57930814"]Post #4[/URL].

And @dachsie is correct about viewing all MS on Disney's Photopass on facebook. This link is located on the Main page of this thread. :-)

This is amazing thanks for this post! Question for a friend who is just going for 2 days. Can she buy 2 daily photo passes? She was worried about spending $170 for the 2 days and if she did 2 daily passes she can save a little

Yes she sure can! It starts at 6am so by arriving early to the parks entrance she can take advantage of the photo options there without a lot of people in the background. Though I'm not sure what time Photopass photographers arrive.

UPDATE

Disney Photopass has added new Magic Shots to Animal Kingdom and EPCOT, let's have a look see...

Animal Kingdom - Two MS
upload_2018-6-2_0-40-48.png
*Banshee Adoption
Available from Disney PhotoPass photographers when stationed in Pandora – The World of Avatar

*Huey, Dewey, and Louie Magic Shot
Available from Disney PhotoPass photographers throughout Disney's Animal Kingdom.

EPCOT - Three MS
upload_2018-6-2_0-42-29.png
*Chip Magic Shot
Available from Disney PhotoPass photographers when stationed at the France Pavilion.

*Epcot 35 Test Track Magic Shot
Available from Disney PhotoPass photographers when stationed in front of Test Track.

*Epcot 35 The Living Seas Magic Shot
Available from Disney PhotoPass photographers when stationed in front of The Seas with Nemo & Friends.

Please note no changes have taken place at Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter