Magical express 2 days after leaving Pop?

TinkerTerry

Mouseketeer
My plan is for 2 nights at Pop and then transferring to Dolphin for 2 more nights. Can I schedule magical express back to the airport from Pop after staying at the Dolphin? I will Uber if I can’t schedule it. Just trying to save where I can.

No. You are eligible for DME anytime between your check in and check out days (inclusive) at a Disney resort. You are not eligible for the service 2 days after your stay.

Steve

We took ME after our stay in 2017. Not sure if the rules have changed since. We just needed to get ourselves back to AOA to catch the ME.

We took ME after our stay in 2017. Not sure if the rules have changed since. We just needed to get ourselves back to AOA to catch the ME.
I'm not at all sure how that happened. In order to board the DME bus, you must have paperwork in hand that shows you are entitled to ride that day. You would get paperwork showing your checkout date....if you move to another resort for two days, your paperwork will no longer be valid. You are entitled to use DME on any day that is covered by your Disney resort stay.
Perhaps you're talking about being at a different resort the morning of your departure, having to return to AoA to get the bus, on your actual resort departure day. That would be entirely different.

Nope, went to grandmas for a week, came back, took ME. I told them our plans ahead of time and they scheduled our ME as such.

Nope, went to grandmas for a week, came back, took ME. I told them our plans ahead of time and they scheduled our ME as such.

I'm curious as to who "they" is? Did you talk to Disney (reservation line or front desk) or did you call DME directly? This is contrary to the basic tenet of how DME operates, and you received some serious pixie dust.

Steve

Keep in mind this is 4+ years ago. All I did was let the folks on the main reservation number, when I was setting up my trip, know what my plans were, and my flight, and they said that as long as I was back at the hotel, that was fine. So my ME paperwork reflected our correct departure time, we returned our rental car at Alamo early in the morning, and rode to the airport. It's entirely possible they have changed policies since 2017.

Keep in mind this is 4+ years ago. All I did was let the folks on the main reservation number, when I was setting up my trip, know what my plans were, and my flight, and they said that as long as I was back at the hotel, that was fine. So my ME paperwork reflected our correct departure time, we returned our rental car at Alamo early in the morning, and rode to the airport. It's entirely possible they have changed policies since 2017.

Ah! So it was pixie dust then. Don't know if the CM didn't understand how the system works or they just decided to violate the rules to help you out (likely the former), but I'm glad it worked for you.

The restriction about using DME only between your check in and check out dates (inclusive) has been there since day one. In the 15 years of DME's existence and the millions of people who've ridden DME, I'm sure this anomaly has occurred a few times, This is the first time I've ever heard of someone being allowed to do this, though. It's definitely not normal.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter