• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical Express to end in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the cost of ME was built into the ROOM cost. So by your logic, for Disney to "no longer charge us for a service they don't offer" they would have to reduce the cost of the room. Which they didn't. Ergo, yes, they WILL still charge us for the service they used to provide. Just like they have with every other thing they've removed in the past.
Well then, to be fair, you have to recognize that the room increase was one of the lower room increases of recent years. Meaning, the rooms increased but at a lower percentage compared to past years. So wouldn’t that show that the DME fees may have possibly been taken out of the resort/room fees? That alone would be stronger evidence that the fees were taken out starting in 2022 than they are being kept in.

Well then, to be fair, you have to recognize that the room increase was one of the lower room increases of recent years. Meaning, the rooms increased but at a lower percentage compared to past years. So wouldn’t that show that the DME fees may have possibly been taken out of the resort/room fees? That alone would be stronger evidence that the fees were taken out starting in 2022 than they are being kept in.

Do you do Yoga ? You can realllllly stretch :)

Seriously, no, that wouldn't show that DME fees have been removed from resort room fees, why would it show that. We have no itemization of the bills, and no way to tell what is what. It might also be Disney foreseeing and potential issue in filling the resorts as they move to full capacity but with a struggling economy. We are all free to speculate of course, but dang, that's a bad take and one that, for reasons I can't explain, goes out on a limb for a company that has shown no reason to do so in the last decade when it comes to cost cutting and increasing prices.

Because the cost of ME was built into the ROOM cost. So by your logic, for Disney to "no longer charge us for a service they don't offer" they would have to reduce the cost of the room. Which they didn't. Ergo, yes, they WILL still charge us for the service they used to provide. Just like they have with every other thing they've removed in the past.

I mean - they were charging us for parking too, built into the room cost, and then they started adding an itemized parking fee. We didn't see room rates go down there either did we? Continuing to charge for a service they are no longer providing (or no longer providing for free) is entirely inline with Disney's previous behavior.

Do you do Yoga ? You can realllllly stretch :)

Seriously, no, that wouldn't show that DME fees have been removed from resort room fees, why would it show that. We have no itemization of the bills, and no way to tell what is what. It might also be Disney foreseeing and potential issue in filling the resorts as they move to full capacity but with a struggling economy. We are all free to speculate of course, but dang, that's a bad take and one that, for reasons I can't explain, goes out on a limb for a company that has shown no reason to do so in the last decade when it comes to cost cutting and increasing prices.
How is that a stretch? Example: if Disney room rates increased at a 5% rate every year and then in 2022 they only increased at a 3% rate, how do you know at least part of the reduced rate of increase isn't due to certain fees being taken out? To your earlier comment, saying that the Disney rates increasing are proof that the fees are being kept in simply isn't true. Both of our comments, as you said, are speculating. We don't have visibility to all the line items in the fees. But we DO know the room increase in 2022 is less than it has been in the past. I don't think it is a "stretch" to think that part of the reason for the smaller increase could be due to the DME fees being taken out. Seems reasonable.

How is that a stretch? Example: if Disney room rates increased at a 5% rate every year and then in 2022 they only increased at a 3% rate, how do you know at least part of the reduced rate of increase isn't due to certain fees being taken out? To your earlier comment, saying that the Disney rates increasing are proof that the fees are being kept in simply isn't true. Both of our comments, as you said, are speculating. We don't have visibility to all the line items in the fees. But we DO know the room increase in 2022 is less than it has been in the past. I don't think it is a "stretch" to think that part of the reason for the smaller increase could be due to the DME fees being taken out. Seems reasonable.

Incorrect. While it will vary some by date/resort, looking at the same date in January (Saturday night around the 20th) for the last few years at All Star Movies goes as follows:

2019: $163
2020: $170
2021: $171
2022: $177

Sorry, your argument just doesn't hold water. Not sure why it's so hard for you to accept that yes, Disney can and will and IS taking away a service, and continuing to charge us the same price for it. Just like they've been doing for years.

Incorrect. While it will vary some by date/resort, looking at the same date in January (Saturday night around the 20th) for the last few years at All Star Movies goes as follows:

Sorry, your argument just doesn't hold water. Not sure why it's so hard for you to accept that yes, Disney can and will and IS taking away a service, and continuing to charge us the same price for it. Just like they've been doing for years.

Raise the cost. Cut the expenses. Make lots of money. People will continue to come because there are a limited number of alternatives.

In all honesty, I didn’t check the rate increased compared to previous years. I don’t have the time to do that. I was going by what Tom Bricker wrote in his blog, and Tom is usually pretty accurate with those things. He wrote “If you haven’t paid rack rates in a while, those prices all might be startling. Once you get past the initial shock, that’s a pretty insignificant increase as compared to normal years.” Here is a link to the article:

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/2022-disney-world-vacation-packages-now-available/
As you stated, it varies by resort. Each resort is going to have a different rate of increase, and the most important number would be the overall increase among all the resorts combined. You can’t just cherry pick one resort. Because we are talking about DME, and that includes all guests at all resorts.

It’s not hard for me to accept anything, as you said. If there are facts to support something, then I believe it. I just find it hard to believe that Disney would charge for the DME if it is no longer available. There is a lot of negativity on these boards and I’m not going to pile on unless there is some real evidence that leads me to do so.

It’s not hard for me to accept anything, as you said. If there are facts to support something, then I believe it. I just find it hard to believe that Disney would charge for the DME if it is no longer available. There is a lot of negativity on these boards and I’m not going to pile on unless there is some real evidence that leads me to do so.

Why - why would you think that Disney wouldn't do this ? I just don't understand? If you've been listening to investor calls for the past few years almost every call goes the same: "We've increased profits due to two factors: decreased operating costs (cuts) and increased prices" - This has been Disney's MO for years. Cut what they are offering while increasing prices. Or, charge for something you were already paying for (Resort Parking) and increase prices further.

[WQUOTE="DisFanDad, post: 62712037, member: 584928"]
Why - why would you think that Disney wouldn't do this ? I just don't understand? If you've been listening to investor calls for the past few years almost every call goes the same: "We've increased profits due to two factors: decreased operating costs (cuts) and increased prices" - This has been Disney's MO for years. Cut what they are offering while increasing prices. Or, charge for something you were already paying for (Resort Parking) and increase prices further.
[/QUOTE]

Why doesn't he understand? A troll, or just likes to get on sites and argue for the sake of arguing? Sounds like it to me!
I just use the "good ole" ignore button:)

[WQUOTE="DisFanDad, post: 62712037, member: 584928"]

Why doesn't he understand? A troll, or just likes to get on sites and argue for the sake of arguing? Sounds like it to me!
[/QUOTE]
Disagreement isn't trolling. The question of whether Disney is still charging for DME isn't cut and dry. From one perspective, they're not charging for a service they no longer offer. You could look at it from the perspective that Disney isn't charging people for perks, they're just using perks to get people to book at their hotels. Would you consider Disney to be charging guests for the extra fastpass window even though fastpasses aren't being offered right now?

Disney isn't going to lower rack rate room prices. Most people don't pay rack rate anyways. It's all about what kinds of discounts they offer, especially now. If hotel numbers are still bad after COVID is in the past, you'll see very good discounts come out.

Disagreement isn't trolling. The question of whether Disney is still charging for DME isn't cut and dry. From one perspective, they're not charging for a service they no longer offer. You could look at it from the perspective that Disney isn't charging people for perks, they're just using perks to get people to book at their hotels. Would you consider Disney to be charging guests for the extra fastpass window even though fastpasses aren't being offered right now?

Disney isn't going to lower rack rate room prices. Most people don't pay rack rate anyways. It's all about what kinds of discounts they offer, especially now. If hotel numbers are still bad after COVID is in the past, you'll see very good discounts come out.
[/QUOTE]

Someone who nit picks, argues with everything, whether it makes sense over and over and over and over again is a
TROLL, to me. I love discussions and we have some great ones on here with many differing views. But to consistently irritate and argue tells me that he must love to argue. Great if he wants to, but I have used my ignore button so I don't care anymore.

Someone who nit picks, argues with everything, whether it makes sense over and over and over and over again is a
TROLL, to me. I love discussions and we have some great ones on here with many differing views. But to consistently irritate and argue tells me that he must love to argue. Great if he wants to, but I have used my ignore button so I don't care anymore.
[/QUOTE]
If you think they're trolling, either report them or just ignore them. Just because someone has a more positive outlook doesn't meant they are trolling.

will they, there are lots of people vying for those vacation dollars. Many of which are priced way better than wdw

They will - until they don't, and then Disney is in a world of hurt.

One thing that's going to be interesting to watch over the next few years is how the recovery goes - I've got a little more hope because the Dems control the senate now (not a political issue, just that the Dems are going to inject much more money into the economy than the republicans would, simple as that, not making a value call on if that's right or wrong, it just is what it is) that the recovery will go a bit faster. But - yet to be seen how this plays out. Pete has talked on the show about a pent up vacation demand, and no doubt there is one, but for every person who is sitting on vacation time / money that's been piling up over the Covid 19 year - there are probably more that have had to dip into savings, or go into debt, have lost jobs, etc. My worry for WDW, such that I worry about them, is that there will be a rush as Vaccines roll out and normalcy returns, but as those folks with means and the pent-up demand scratch the itch, demand is going to drop off a cliff as the long term economic damage of the pandemic begins to be felt. If that happens, or whenever the next financial / economic crisis happens, if Disney continues on its current trajectory, its all going to come crashing down.

Ive got a billion dollars to bet on it, its that cut and dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter