Magical Memories, Creativity & Crafting, Obsessive Planning, Gluten-Free-Nov 2011 PTR

Kari-B

Mouseketeer
Latest Update: Autograph Books

Decided to give a go to my first PTR. I love reading other people PTRs and all their planning details. I have loads of plans, ideas, anhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2694547d surprises I want to pull off for this trip and thought this would be a great place to record those.

Let me introduce you to our family:

24789a54.jpg

First there is me, Kari. I'm 30 years old. I work part time as a secretary two short days a week, but I love volunteering at school weekly. My interests include party planning (or anything I can "claim" as a party), photography, reading, crafting, baking/cooking. I love quoting movies and have created a couple of mini-mes, who crack me up daily. I love to laugh and can be quite the smart alec.

I have been to Disney World six times. My first trip was when I was 8. Followed by when I was 10, 12, 14, 17 and 21. So it's been awhile and I am beyond excited to take my kids on their first trip to see Mickey. In my PTR title I have gluten-free listed, that is me. I finally figured out a little over a year ago that I needed to become gluten-free after years of being sick. I am very nervous about eating out at Disney for a week, but also excited as I read great reviews about Disney's treatment of people with allergies.

Then there is my hubby, he is 33 years old. We started dating in high school and have been inseparable since! We've been married ten years already. He is super hard working and dependable, he will do anything for his family. He has a great sense of humor, which is absolutely necessary in our house. He is an amazing father to our two kids and they are so lucky to have him. (See why I snagged him so early and never let him go! ;)) DH has been to Disneyworld twice, both times with me. His first trip on a plane was when he was 20 (when I was 17) and I remember loving watching his face when the plane took off. Looking forward to seeing my kid's reaction, too.

2999b42d.jpg

Next up is our son. He is eight years old and my little buddy. He has a great sense of humor also, but is sensitive and full of anxiety. He loves horses and cowboys, books and movies. He is very creative and a little planner like his mom.

Tasha5-March2011.jpg

Last up, our little girl. She is five and full of zest. She is quite the little pistol in a tiny little package. She adores her brother and follows him around like his shadow. She is just starting to get into Disney Princesses. She loves dogs and tells me daily how much she wants one. She has the best sense of comedic timing and just kills me daily with her quick wit.

Well, that's my family. We are definitely a goofy bunch, but it's works for us. We just told the kid's about the Disney trip (will post the reveal later) and they are beyond excited. I'm so glad to finally have them know about it, so I don't have to keep quiet anymore.

Hope to have you join me during my PTR! I'm sure I'll have questions and requests for opinions!

Table Of Contents:
1. Disney World Trip Reveal

2. Mickey Party - Part One
3. Mickey Party - Party Two
4. Kid's Vacation Planners
5. My Disney Planner
6.Robin Hood Movie Night
7. Lady & The Tramp Movie Night
8. Pretend Airport Play (tickets, luggage tags & passports)
9. Snow White Movie Night
10. Disney Purchases - Airplane Backpack Items
11. Indiana Jones Movie Night
12. Stroller License Plate and Stroller Question
13. ADRs
14. Booked ADRs
15. Tangled Movie Night
16. Garage Sale Find For Trip
17. Disney Clothing Purchase
18. Dinosaur Movie Night
19. A Bug's Life Movie Night
20. Mickey Night Light
21. Mickey & Minnie Purchase
22. Epcot Countries- Mexico
23. Mickey Earrings
24. Aladdin Movie Night
25. Disney Stroller
26. Stroller Accessory
27. Finding Nemo Movie Night
28. Epcot Countries: USA Week
29. Date Change & Flights
30. Epcot Countries : Norway Week
31. Monster's Inc. Movie Night
32. Epcot Countries: China Week
33. Autograph Books

Trip Info:
Dates : November 10th - 19th, 2011
Hotel: Pop Century
Transportation: Airplane & Disney Transportation
Food: Dining Plus Plan

To tell our kids about our trip to Disney World we sent them on a scavenger hunt. Inside ten envelopes were items they needed to collect. They included toothbrush, sunscreen, sunglasses, pajamas, shorts, swimsuit, walking shoes, money, camera and suitcase.

After they found all the items (suitcase was last), I had them open up the suitcase together on the count of three. When they flung open the cover a big Mickey head balloon floated up and attached to that was a paper saying "We are going to Disney World."

Xavier8Tasha5MickeyBalloon-April2011.jpg

Their reaction was funny. My DD right away grabbed the balloon and started cheering. My DS then read the paper out loud. When he got to "Disney" he fake passed out onto the couch. He laid there for awhile before falling off the couch onto the floor. Once he finally recovered, he reread the paper and then kissed it. They were both beyond excited. My DD of course didn't understand the calendar on the paper that said November and had the dates we are going circled in red. She thought we were going right that minute. Took a few times to explain it will be a long time before we actually go.

The reasons we decided to tell the kids so early were because I'm not good at keeping secrets and hated not telling them. Also because my son needs to prepare for new things way in advance to overcome his anxiety. Third, because we have been doing Disney movie nights and I want them to know why and to get the connection to Disney World and the characters.

Up next is the Mickey/Disney party we had right after telling them about the trip...

Oh I love it! :goodvibes
We will be doing a scavenger hunt also, I can't wait!!! It's killing me not to tell them!!!

What a lovely family! I think you will have an amazing time this year ....it's during my birthday, afterall. :rofl:
Disney has been really good over the past few years with special diets, cellars being one of them.
Can't wait to read more!

What a lovely family! I think you will have an amazing time this year ....it's during my birthday, afterall. :rofl:
Disney has been really good over the past few years with special diets, cellars being one of them.
Can't wait to read more!

Thanks for your reply Jenneth79! :)

Going to try and get the Disney / Mickey party up shortly!

After telling the kids about our Disney trip we headed downstairs to surprise them with a Mickey / Disney party.

Xavier8Tasha5-DisneyParty-April2011.jpg

For dinner we had:
DisneyParty-mickeynuggets-April2011.jpg

Mickey Shaped Chicken Nuggets (Target)
DisneyParty-mickeycheese-April2011.jpg

Mickey Cheese (Walmart)
DisneyParty-mickeyjello-April2011.jpg

Mickey Jello (cookie cutter from Walgreen's Easter section, $1.99)
DisneyParty-cupcakes-April2011.jpg

Mickey Cupcakes (cupcake liners from Party City)
We also had french fries, variety of fruits and veggies and punch.
DisneyParty-mickeyplate-April2011.jpg

My sons new Mickey dishes. (Party City)
DisneyParty-mnnieplate-April2011.jpg

My daugther's new Minnie dishes. (Party City)

DisneyParty-suckers-April2011.jpg

Mickey Suckers (bought on clearance after Valentine's Day at Walmart)
I also had another bowl full of red Mickey head suckers (also clearance from Valentine's Day) that I forgot to take a close-up of, but they are really yummy!

The Mickey crepe paper is from Party City. The square character pictures were actually a large memory game (also Party City) for $4.99. I only hung up half. I think I may reuse them to decorate our window at Pop Century.

While we ate we watched some of the Walt Disney planning dvd. The kids have already seen it, but it was fun to watch again knowing we are going in November. My son was super excited when he saw that Cinderella castle will be lit for Christmas when we go. (My husband and I have never been to Disney any other time besides April, so we are really excited about the Christmas decorations, too.)

Up next, part two of the party (games/activities)...

Looking forward to reading more! Sounds like a very exciting start.
My ds11 is gluten sensitive (non-celiac) and allergic to peanuts/tree nuts. We've enjoyed several family trips with the dining plan.

Thanks for sharing! :wizard:

Found your PTR and can't wait to read more!

My family has been to WDW twice, both trips in October so we've seen the Halloween decorations. I would love to go sometime in November or December to see all the holiday decorations... I can only imagine who beautiful everything is!

Love the way you surprised your kids and their reactions. Our last trip was in October and for about a day or two I had the idea to keep the trip a surprise from my DDs. However. I, too, cannot keep secrets very well... so we spilled the beans!

Thanks for joining me DisneyMom5 & PixieMama!!! :)

I'll be updating shortly...

So here is the rest of our Disney / Mickey party...
DisneyParty-April2011.jpg

After eating we played a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse beanbag toss game. (Found at Walgreens on clearance for $5.)

DisneyParty-Tasha5BeanBagToss-April2011.jpg

Next, we played with a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse playdoh set. (Also found at Walgreens.)
DisneyParty-Xavier8Tasha5-MickeyPlaydoh-April2011.jpg

DisneyParty-MickeyPlaydoh-April2011.jpg

DisneyParty--April2011.jpg

Then the kids painted a Mickey figurine (Walgreens). The sets each also came with a Minnie Mouse, but they didn't get to those yet. The Mickey's turned out super cute!
DisneyParty-Tasha5-MickeyPainting-April2011.jpg

DisneyParty-Xavier8-MickeyPainting-April2011.jpg

DisneyParty-Xavier8Tasha5-MickeyPainting-April2011.jpg

Cute circle-shaped Disney puzzle with loads of different characters. (Found at Big Lots for $5.)
DisneyParty-Puzzle-April2011.jpg

They played for a short time with the little figurines and play mat that came with a book set. (Also Walgreens.)
DisneyParty-Tasha5Xavier5-MickeyPlayset-April2011.jpg

I had some of our Disney games out, but we didn't get to them that night. We played them all during the following two days. - Disney Sorry, Disney Yahtzee, Disney Scene It, Disney Bingo

Another thing the kids enjoyed were the stuffed Mickeys that are actually piggy banks. When they put a coin in the slot he says things like "Hot Dog, Oh Boy, etc.." They will be a fun way for them to save for Disney, too. (Walgreens Clearance $5)
DisneyParty-mickey-April2011.jpg

We had a really fun night! It's was a really fun way to tell the kids about our vacation and get them excited about it!

The kid's also received their own Disney Vacation Planners that I made them. They worked on them some, too. Pictures of those to come...

As I previously mentioned I made the kids each their own vacation planners. I made myself one and knew they would enjoy having their own to work in. I originally wanted to find a mini ring binder, but didn't have any luck finding any. Instead I found a 7" X 9" notebook that I used.

I used my Cricut (die cutting machine) and a borrowed Disney catridge to cut out the lettering. Here are the covers.
KidsPlanners.jpg

First Page:
KidsPlannerPage-3.jpg

Each of the sections in the planner has a tab on the outside edge. Sections include Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios & Animal Kingdom.
KidsPlannerPage-2.jpg

The first page of each section includes of map of that park.
KidsPlannerPage-4.jpg

Next is a page where they can research and write down what their top three rides or attractions are that they want to do at each park.
KidsPlannerPage-5.jpg

The following page is where they can draw a picture of what they think each park will look like.
KidsPlannerPage-6.jpg

There is also a page for them to fill in trip information.
KidsPlannerPage-1.jpg

The rest of the pages the kids have already started cutting pictures out of brochures, adding stickers, drawing pictures, and journaling. They were both actually very excited about their planners and have worked on them lots already.

Next up, my planner...

Oh I LOVE the kids planners!!! So cute. I want a Cricut so bad!!! :thumbsup2
I can't wait to see you planner!

Kari, I LOVE it!! You are soooo creative :) I love all the thought and planning you have put in this trip already! Can't wait to see more!

I am just loving your planning. The scavanger hunt followed by a mickey party is a great idea.:cool1:

I am loving all your Disney buys, I am thinking that I need to get to the Walgreens to see if there are any great deals available. I want those plush Mickey banks. Forget my kids, I want for myself!:lmao::rotfl2:

Our sons are seem to be very similiar. He is also 8 (9 in may), he is a very sweet and affectionate boy (how many 8 year olds give there moms a big hug in the middle of an Applebee's), and he is also seems to worry about everything. When the news of the tragedy in Japan was on the news he worried that it was going to hit us for hours. It took me a long time to be able to convience him there was no way it was going to hit us. There is no way he is going to do on any thrill rides during our trip.:sad2:

Ooops, sorry for the tanget, can't wait to read more.popcorn:: Your kids are adorable.:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter